Ronan Parke

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Ronan Parke

Post by dani »

I wonder who his market will be aimed at.
The video looks quite cheap so i am wondering if Simon is worried about how well l he will do. As he has no clear market apart from mums. He is too camp to appeal to a lot of younger girls unfortunately . I was at a friends house when BGT aired and some of her younger sisters all said he was " too girly " for there tastes and they was aged 10 and 11 years of age.

He is not going to be Simon's answer to Justin Bieber's.

Greyson Chance is roughly the same age and comes across a lot better and has a lot wider appeal.

[youtube][/youtube]
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

You a Greyson fan then dani? You might have a point though about who Ronan's target audience is and as for Simon Cowell........well, he has a track record of making money off an act and then dropping them once they've been milked.
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I do not know much about him. But i have listened to a few tracks on Youtube. He seems like a talented kid and can play instruments which is nice in to-days day and age . I was just comparing the two because of the age.
Greyson seems to have a lot better chance for long term success . If Ronan's album flops he will be back in school in 4 months time.

Sometimes i think parents should not just sell there kid out for a kick buck .Ronan i think should be in school and learning the craft instead of 15 secs of fame now and then forgotten.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I do tent to agree somewhat, although I thought it was a fun production. Even if he does only get a few moments of fame, i'm sure he will sell enough CD's to give hime a very good start in life even if its not in music
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Maybe it's my own personal preference but I have higher hopes for Ronan than for Greyson. Can't really pinpoint why though. Maybe 'cause Greyson let me down with his second single and he seems too much changed from when he first came on the Ellen show.

Also, I don't think there's any point really in talking about some unknown future moment in Ronan's career where he'll be no longer succesful... That's just pure speculation and taking away from the great time happening with him right now. And who says he's not in school?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

In fact he is :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Justin Bieber is 4 or 5 years older than Ronan, that's a huge difference at that age. One question is: Will his voice survive "the break"?
At his age it's not unusual for his mannerisms to be interpreted as "girly". In a wide variety of measures of physical and neuro-muscular growth boys at his age often parallel or even lag behind girls of the same age. Give him some time. At T4 he enthralled an audience of 20 something girls. If I may say so I actually find that a little creepy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Not sure if we should just post every video Ronan puts out there ;) but I wanted to post this one anyway as it made me happy tonight :D

[youtube][/youtube]

(even though I have something against songs that just repeat the chorus over and over ;))

As usual, Ronan's voice steals the show and he is clearly enjoying himself.
One thing though, I'm starting to side with Yorkie about hairstyles for boys... :mrgreen:
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

Ronan Parke is really talented and i dont think we should "plan out" his futures already...you'll never know what mite happen :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The physical album will be released in 8 days, Monday 24 Octobre.
The price is low, £6.99 only :)

The MP3 album will be also available Monday 24 Octobre :)
The price is £6,49.

New : The samples of whole album are available on Amazon ! :D

I enjoy the samples and I'm eager for the full album ! :)
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

thank u for the link :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Ronan is currently deeply involved into his CD promo, doing not least than 5 TV appearances in a short time
- "This Morning", Tuesday 18th Octobre,
- "BBC Breakfast News" Friday 21th Octobre,
- "Blue Peter" Monday 24th Octobre,
- "Alan Titchmarsh" Tuesday 25th Octobre,
- "OK! TV", Thursday 27th Octobre

It seems that Sony has efficient contact, today he was on the BBC and he got a very long and nice exposure.
A 6 minutes long interview, followed by a (short) interpretation of Edge of Glory.
The sound is not very good, the guitar is far too loud, but this should greatly help the sales of his CD :)

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

So, we're in the middle of Ronan's little TV tour and so far I think his performance of Edge of Glory on BBC's This Morning (see vid below) is the best so far in terms of recording sound (better than on BBC 1's Breakfast where the guitar seems too loud, on my speakers anyway ;)) and song choice. He sang A Thousand Miles on another show and it just made me feel sad for the choice of song - nothing against the song but I can just hear Ronan's voice is suited for much more ambitious material. As far as I'm concerned he could sing big Whitney Houston type ballads, dramatic songs with a story to tell. His voice could carry that and I have a feeling his heart and soul could tell that story. He has a deep feeling of an artist in him. At least that's how his voice comes across once again to me this evening, it could be me but I think there's some truth in my observation ;)

As for this particular take on Edge of Glory (a more dramatic song, yay ;)) - it just gave me goosebumps and even though the performance is rather static he carries the song with conviction. I love that little growl in "I'm on the edge with you" :)
His is a voice I could happily live in forever :D

[youtube][/youtube]
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

His album is out now (I think yesterday?) and when I did a Google search for "ronan parke amazon" the first result was Amazon.co.uk where if you go to the page and scroll down you see the bit where they recommend other CDs and guess what they advertise for? :D

On the MP3 page of Ronan's abum you can hear samples of the songs. I have to admit I have mixed feelings. The song choice is not always my personal favourite (but then again, I don't think I'm the target audience ;)). However, some song choices are great, like Fix You by Coldplay. It's an ambitious choice that really stands out. I might have to get used to his version as I love the Coldplay version so much but I applaud him for taking it on and from what I can hear he gave it his own interpretation (the sample has a more quiet fragment, don't know how big his voice sounds in other parts of the song).

Also, his voice seems stronger live than in the studio. For instance, Because of You sounded much stronger on BGT than on the CD (judging from the short sample anyway). I can imagine young Ronan being rather impressed with recording in a studio and somehow singing live on stage (or just on a bar stool with his guitarist next to him ;)) feels more natural and suits him better. Actually I thnk the acoustic songs sound the best. His voice needs that room, you know, not fighting for space with over-production ;) But, it's a first opinion based only on some short samples. I'm sure he'll sell many copies and it'll earn him a good chart position around the holidays, and subsequent live appearances and hopefully will take him a step further so he can start a wonderful career as a recording artist.
memelissascott

Post by memelissascott »

Rohan parke is the great singer in usa child singers. He is soo cute.