Libera on BBC 'Last Choir Standing' 2008

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

kjackson83 wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:Come to think of it, since Robert Prizeman works for the BBC I suppose his choir would be banned from competing. His position at the network might be considered an unfair advantage.
I forgot about that--you're right. But, When Will I Be Famous? is also a BBC show, and they did rather well on it...

Hmm.
Well, maybe WWIBF is far enough removed from the division Mr. Prizeman works in that there wan't a problem. Looking at the two videos linked to the Last Choir Standing show that have been posted on YouTube it would appear that the groups competing were primarily non-religious adult groups, so maybe there simply weren't any children's choirs in the competition.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TullyBascombe wrote:I knew the British fans wouldn't let us down.
Hear, hear!
...so maybe there simply weren't any children's choirs in the competition.
Good point--perhaps a LCS for youth choirs might come along eventually. I wonder what else the BBC does for children's choirs besides Chorister of the Year?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

They were excellent with 'Orinoco Flow', I enjoyed it more than I I originally though I would. It's not a Libera song that ranks high on my favourite list, but they performed it brilliantly last night.

Yes, strange how immediately someone not being there, Liam, Zach, Callum becomes readily apparent. I guess since Libera release names of the choristers a few years back, you remotely identify with their individual character and personality. So it's more obvious when you do a quick name check who's there are who isn't.

There could be lots of different reason's for non-attendance. Holidays, minor sickness, family matters etc... Nothing major to worry about.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

JimmyRiddle wrote:There could be lots of different reason's for non-attendance. Holidays, minor sickness, family matters etc... Nothing major to worry about.
That Im sure of, Im sure the boys who did not attend this performance had some minor schedule conflicts and whatnot, hope they will be able to perform at Torquay on Wednesday though :)

As for the performance, I thought it was exquisitely done. They gave it their all as they usually do and it was simply perfect, cant find any other word to describe it :) Love Tom's trademark headbob as he sings :P
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Just saw the video clip on youtube of Libera singing Orinoco Flow on "Last Choir Standing". They are amazing as usual. It's cool that they moved quite a lot with this song. Nice formation. Glad to see Michael Horncastle still singing with Libera. :D Some of the young lads have grown slightly taller too. Haha.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

xsakurax wrote:Glad to see Michael Horncastle still singing with Libera.
Where was he in their formation? I looked but didn't see. I "grew up" with a Libera where Michael was one of the lead soloists, and it was more than a little sad when his voice finally broke and he wasn't able to continue singing the high parts. I'm glad he still sings/tours with the choir.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

Michael horncastle is at the back alongside jonathan barignton singing the
low notes.
probably the best shot of michael is 0.47, he has quite long hair now.
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

ive read a few times that people think that libera were not actually singing on the last choir standing.

does anyone on here think that?
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's all speculation. It's something that can't be proven one way or the other. If they did lip sync then they were bloody good at it considering they are so young. If they did sing to a backing track, then they wouldn't be the first artist to do it. They also have nothing to prove about their credentials for singing live. I've been lucky enough to have been there when they end on the top note finale for 'I Am The Day', and it makes all your hairs stand up on your neck, and seems to suck the air out from you. You find yourself holding your breath, as they bring the last note of 'In aeterna' to an end. They have nothing to prove when it comes to singing live. :)
Kevin wrote:Love Tom's trademark headbob as he sings :P
I love his headbob too lol - Some newbie comments on Youtube don't understand that Tom has always moved his head in tempo with the song he's singing. Personally I love all their unique little posture ways, when they sing. Thankfully Robert Prizeman (the genius creator always in the background) let's the boys express themselves as they want too. I don't think he interfers with their individual singing styles.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

JimmyRiddle wrote: I've been lucky enough to have been there when they end on the top note finale for 'I Am The Day', and it makes all your hairs stand up on your neck, and seems to suck the air out from you.

Does anyone know know who hits the wonderfully loud and full high note during the ending?
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:They have nothing to prove when it comes to singing live.
You've got that right.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Who were the two smaller boys on the right side beside Thomas Cole? Was that Ralph Skan and Marcus Flynn or someone else? The smaller boy on the left near James Threadgill, was that Kavana? Sometimes when they change their hair styles, are under lighting that's very strong, tinted or comes from an unisial direction it can be hard to tell who's who.

I wouldn't be surprised if Callum, Zach and Liam were vacationing in Spain, Portugal, France or Italy at this time. They do have family lives too.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

This is what Ive come up with:

Please click on the image to view a full HQ shot: (sorry about the quality, this was the best full choir shot shown)

1 - Tom Cole
2 - James Threadgill
3 - Alex Leggett
4 - Kavana Crossley
5 - Jakob Wood
6 - Ed Day
7 - Michael Horncastle
8 - Ralph Skan (?)
9 - Josh Madine
10 - Tom Cully
11 - Michael Vereycken
12 - Sam Leggett
13 - Jon Barrington
14 - Joe Snelling
15 - Ben Philipp
16 - Flynn Marks
17 - Daniel Fontannaz (?)
18 - Oliver Cole

I could have 8 and 17 mixed up but please correct me if I am wrong.

------------

Also....
JimmyRiddle wrote:
Kevin wrote:Love Tom's trademark headbob as he sings :P
I love his headbob too lol - Some newbie comments on Youtube don't understand that Tom has always moved his head in tempo with the song he's singing. Personally I love all their unique little posture ways, when they sing. Thankfully Robert Prizeman (the genius creator always in the background) let's the boys express themselves as they want too. I don't think he interfers with their individual singing styles.
Me too!! And I respect Mr. Prizeman for letting the boys sing and express themselves in their own respective ways :) Those YouTubers just dont know the Tom and the boys. Flynn seems to have a little headbob like Tom going too ;)
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

i didn think they were lip synicing either, robert as respectable producers of libera wouldnot of allowed his choir to lip sync, i wasjut enquiing.

i think libera did exellent and ifthey did lip sync then they most be bloody actors because i couldnt do it as good as them, if they were, i dont think they did beause as others had said tom would not have head bobed as he does as hard as he did

and kevin i knw your probably right but isnumber 1 in photo not henry barrington, it looks like it on sky+ when i recorded it but he you prob righ.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

ok i agree it is thomas cole i got confused with hos long hair lol,