Which Libera Boy Do You Wish You Could Have Seen In Concert

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Which Libera Boy Do You Wish You Could Have Seen In Conc

Post by maartendas »

hannah_kirstin wrote:Still hope they include some of their usual song repertoire. I think Eoghan would do very well on Bayan ko :), though I agree it's unlikely they'll perform it at a Christmas concert.
One can always hope for an encore ;) Plus, I think they'll sing it anyway - there seems to be such a special bond now between Libera and the Philippines, I am sure they will oblige ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

maartendas wrote: One can always hope for an encore ;) Plus, I think they'll sing it anyway - there seems to be such a special bond now between Libera and the Philippines, I am sure they will oblige ;)
Indeed, one can hope! Keeping my fingers crossed. :D
And I hope they have a Europe concert series for you guys soon! :wink:
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I would have liked to have heard Ed Day's "Mysterium" and Flynn Marks' "May the Road Rise Up" simply because I heard so many great things about them when they were sung in concert. It's hard to pick specifically (not that we all don't know this unless you've got a favorite or something) but...hmm. I would have liked to have seen Liam Connery in concert, in addition to Tom Cully and Michael Horncastle. Liam's clear, piercing voice impressed and surprised me in "Sancte" and I can't imagine what hearing it in concert would be like. Tom Cully is a Libera legend in his own right, so I don't need to explain my choice there. :p Michael Horncastle just seems like he's cool and calm when he sings, and his expressions make me smile. Seeing that in concert would be neat. I won't go back any farther than that (like to Angel Voices or St. Phillip's) or I'll start chattering mindlessly. :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

LuxVenit wrote:I won't go back any farther than that (like to Angel Voices or St. Phillip's) or I'll start chattering mindlessly. :)
Well, that's what this forum is for :lol:
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

maartendas wrote:
LuxVenit wrote:I won't go back any farther than that (like to Angel Voices or St. Phillip's) or I'll start chattering mindlessly. :)
Well, that's what this forum is for :lol:
Oh boy, you don't wanna open up THAT can of...worms, lol. 8) And to stay on topic, I just listed to "Far Away" by three different soloists (I haven't listened to the one of Ralph and Ben yet because I can't seem to find it) and I still think that Michael H.'s is the best, but Tom did a wonderful job too. It just wasn't written for medium-Ben's (that makes him sound like a steak) voice/style. On topic? Yessssssssssssss. Sorta...
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Oh boy, you don't wanna open up THAT can of...worms, lol. 8) And to stay on topic, I just listed to "Far Away" by three different soloists (I haven't listened to the one of Ralph and Ben yet because I can't seem to find it) and I still think that Michael H.'s is the best, but Tom did a wonderful job too. It just wasn't written for medium-Ben's (that makes him sound like a steak) voice/style. On topic? Yessssssssssssss. Sorta...
[youtube][/youtube]
This is Mini-Ben's version with Ralph. But Ben is struggling here with his voice. I prefere this one from Ben

[youtube][/youtube]

I wish I could here Ed Day live in Concert. And Steven G. And Joshua. He wasn't there in Epsom. So never heard him live before. But Ed is my favorite if I had one chance to listen to somebody.

And I would LOVEEE to hear Stefan again. But I hope to get a chance for that :)
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

maartendas wrote:
hannah_kirstin wrote:Still hope they include some of their usual song repertoire. I think Eoghan would do very well on Bayan ko :), though I agree it's unlikely they'll perform it at a Christmas concert.
One can always hope for an encore ;) Plus, I think they'll sing it anyway - there seems to be such a special bond now between Libera and the Philippines, I am sure they will oblige ;)
I'm not sure I can imagine Libera siniging in the Phillipines without including Bayan Ko at this point.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

I wish I could have heard Flynn. Although I've never heard a Libera concert, I have of course been able to see videos on Youtube and listened to their albums, etc., but Flynn never recorded an album solo, to my knowledge. So definitely Flynn. Everyone who heard him said his voice was amazing.

Oh, and another, I wish I could have heard Ed Day's "Mysterium".
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Ahhhhhh, sorry to bump this topic to life again but thank you LennesSL! That first video was the one I was looking for and wow, I feel horrible for Ben when I watch it. He struggles a lot, but he stays strong. That is SO Libera cool. Thanks again for posting!
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Ben did a great job in both performances. And i did see him sing Far Away live in 2009 too, he was flawless. We just got used to Michael Horncastle's original recording and if we look at his 2006 live tv performance in Japan he struggled a bit more than Ben in 2010.

So who do i wish i saw sing live? Hmm.. probably Daren Geraghty taking on Evening Falls.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Benj wrote: So who do i wish i saw sing live? Hmm.. probably Daren Geraghty taking on Evening Falls.
You, my friend, have impeccable taste 8)
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

i wish i could go back in time and listen to MIcheal Horncastle sing live, and tom, liams, ben and josh when their voices were higher :)
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

That's easy........ :) Flynn ! You could pick him out of a crowd of 100 in a choir....his expressions and mannerisms were just too animated to ignore. :)
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

maartendas wrote:
Benj wrote: So who do i wish i saw sing live? Hmm.. probably Daren Geraghty taking on Evening Falls.
You, my friend, have impeccable taste 8)
Sorry to go off the topic, but does anyone know of a youtube video, or something like that, of Evening Falls? I have looked high and low, and I just can't seem to find a video of it, as a result, I have never had a chance to hear it, and I would really like to. Any ideas?
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Here's a video - it's not live, but you'll be able to hear the song anyway. :)

[youtube][/youtube]