Which Libera Boy Do You Wish You Could Have Seen In Concert

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Re: Which Libera Boy Do You Wish You Could Have Seen In Conc

Post by Murkskis »

Some of Tom's solos are greatly missed.
I'd love to hear Far Away by Michael H. as well :D
Ave Maria by Steven G (live) would be another spectacular performance. And Voca Me...
And many more.
Ah well :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Murkskis wrote:Some of Tom's solos are greatly missed.
I'd love to hear Far Away by Michael H. as well :D
Ave Maria by Steven G (live) would be another spectacular performance. And Voca Me...
And many more.
Ah well :D

Steven G

Vespera
Stabat
Ave Maria
Veni Sancte
Salva Me ( him singing lead in the black outfit)

I just realized i could happily do a concert with Stefan , Steven and Liam Connery on leads and the rest of the choir backing them up.

Vespera
Stabat
Ave Maria
Veni Sancte
Salva Me
Libera
Stay With Me
Sancte
Gaudete
How Shall I sing that Majesty
Deep Peace
Eternal Light
Dies Irae
Mysterium
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote: Steven G

Vespera
Stabat
Ave Maria
Veni Sancte
Salva Me ( him singing lead in the black outfit)
Sure... These songs as well 8)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote: Yes i was always sad he left so suddenly as he was a boy of the future. He had so much promise as a future Libera soloist .
I think Joe had already left by the time I discovered Libera. It was almost a year before the St George's concert that I first heard Joe's solo part.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote: I just realized i could happily do a concert with Stefan , Steven and Liam Connery on leads and the rest of the choir backing them up.
Oh, even more than that - I think I read one can fill in an application form for the forthcoming Song of Praise concert! Hmm ... :wink: :D '' (''If you are a good, enthusiastic singer and would like to take part, please request an application form...'' It was mentioned on BBC press release! :P )
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
dani wrote: Yes i was always sad he left so suddenly as he was a boy of the future. He had so much promise as a future Libera soloist .
I think Joe had already left by the time I discovered Libera. It was almost a year before the St George's concert that I first heard Joe's solo part.

Awww that is a shame that you never got to hear him live. Thankfully i did and he was amazing on the small parts he got.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Murkskis wrote:
dani wrote: I just realized i could happily do a concert with Stefan , Steven and Liam Connery on leads and the rest of the choir backing them up.
Oh, even more than that - I think I read one can fill in an application form for the forthcoming Song of Praise concert! Hmm ... :wink: :D '' (It was mentioned BBC press release! :P )
hahaha ;) :lol:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Lauren wrote:But Sam just DID have a solo on Te Lucis. He has a fabulous voice! Maybe you WILL get to hear him. :D
Hmm... Then Sam better sing this in the Philippines in October. Assuming the rumors are true, of course. :lol:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:
Lauren wrote:But Sam just DID have a solo on Te Lucis. He has a fabulous voice! Maybe you WILL get to hear him. :D
Hmm... Then Sam better sing this in the Philippines in October. Assuming the rumors are true, of course. :lol:

I wonder if it will be sung as its not very xmasy .
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

dani wrote:
phlibera wrote:

I wonder if it will be sung as its not very xmasy .
Or maybe he'll solo on a different song. Josh had told Lexi they're going to start featuring the lower voices more to add "a different texture" to the concerts. :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Lauren wrote:
Or maybe he'll solo on a different song. Josh had told Lexi they're going to start featuring the lower voices more to add "a different texture" to the concerts. :D
I swear Libera steal my ideas :lol: . So many things i have said on this board have come to roost. Apart from Ave Virgo being sung in concert.
Including if you will insist on a massive back-row then use them more in a concert setting which they are now doing.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Tom Cully on Ave Maria and Michael Horncastle on Far Away..

Wish i could have seen Ben doing "Bayan Ko." :(
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

hannah_kirstin wrote:Wish i could have seen Ben doing "Bayan Ko." :(
Oh, so you weren't there in '09 and '10. :( But it's also interesting to see who will do the solo (assuming they'll sing it because they might not because it's billed as a Christmas concert).
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

phlibera wrote:
hannah_kirstin wrote:Wish i could have seen Ben doing "Bayan Ko." :(
Oh, so you weren't there in '09 and '10. :( But it's also interesting to see who will do the solo (assuming they'll sing it because they might not because it's billed as a Christmas concert).
Totally missed out! I had only discovered Libera about a week prior to their 2009 PICC concert. Unfortunately, by the time I got around to visiting the ticketworld website the concert had been sold out. :( March 2010 was a craaazy time for me at work and hardly got to check for any Libera updates. If i had any nads, i would've kicked myself already for missing them TWICE! Ugghh. SO now I'm obsessed about getting me some tickets. hahaha!
I'm a lover of all things christmas, thus having Libera do a Christmas concert would be awesome! Still hope they include some of their usual song repertoire. I think Eoghan would do very well on Bayan ko :), though I agree it's unlikely they'll perform it at a Christmas concert.
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

hannah_kirstin wrote: Wish i could have seen Ben doing "Bayan Ko." :(
Me too. I'm not even Filipino, and that song gives me the chills.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.