Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Aaah Cayleb101 never dissapoints with the High Quality videos when Libera are touring the Pines. Cheers DM for the link. They sound and look even better now. Perfect arrangement for accomodating the lower voices too.

Yorkie - Yep I'm hoping that Stefan has lots more solo's ahead of him for Libera's next album.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

It isn't HD but it's the best yet :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Cassius with his quick correction to 25th December comment when he meant October lol - not too worry I expect many households up and down the UK and across the world will be having their own type of Libera concert on Christmas day with their CD playing non-stop! Need to tear myself away from the video now to watch the Manchester Derby. I'll watch it again at half-time lol
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

It won't be in HD because the networks in the Philippines doesn't broadcast in HD. Not yet anyway. :) Thanks to Cayleb of L360. I like her art/graphics works. Why she wasn't commissioned to do the art works for the whole Philippine event is beyond me. :D

Agree with all the comments regarding Stefan. He was picked to start the concerts last year (spring tour w/ Philippine stopover) for a reason. Delighted that his stint at the opera didn't prevent him from joining this tour. :D

The ASAP appearance definitely brought it new fans. Just about an hour ago I attended a mini-concert of the band Blake (crossover classical vocal quartet from UK) and I overheard some of the audience members talking about Libera's appearance in the show. They were basically in awe of Libera's performance. Considering that they're attending a concert of four former choirboys from UK (as one of Blake member introduced themselves) it's not surprising that they like Libera. But then again, it was their first time to hear them. So I can say their appearance definitely did what it's supposed to do.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote: Yorkie - Yep I'm hoping that Stefan has lots more solo's ahead of him for Libera's next album.
That is my only disappointment with Peace - we got one last song from Tom but we missed out on one last song from Ed when his voice was at its brilliant best :( I would hate for the same thing to happen with Stefan because it does seem that he is in that golden period of his Treble voice right now. How old is Stefan? 13 I would guess.
phlibera wrote:The ASAP appearance definitely brought it new fans. Just about an hour ago I attended a mini-concert of the band Blake (crossover classical vocal quartet from UK) and I overheard some of the audience members talking about Libera's appearance in the show. They were basically in awe of Libera's performance. Considering that they're attending a concert of four former choirboys from UK (as one of Blake member introduced themselves) it's not surprising that they like Libera. But then again, it was their first time to hear them. So I can say their appearance definitely did what it's supposed to do.
I love hearing things like that :D I'm not surprised in the least - if you like classical choral then that version of 'The Bells' has just got to appeal :D It is a great arrangement and seemed to be sung to perfection. Just pure, brilliant, classy singing.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

phlibera wrote:Here's a photo posted via Lockerz by ASAP:
http://lockerz.com/s/149555487
Thank you for the photo :)

I applied to it a little colour adjustment

On the Asap Rocks site they are used to share links to watch and download videos, including the full episodes.
http://asap.abs-cbn.com/videos.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today's episode not yet online and we have already cayleb101's video on Youtube, but should be interesting to check about the image quality :)
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

fan_de_LoK wrote:It's beyond crazyness how many commercials are it this show ! :lol:
Many commercials means millions watch the show. And millions of Filipinos saw that live performance today. I just watched it on youtube now (since my little cousin dragged me to the meet & greet this afternoon :lol:). That was a jaw dropper that literally sent chills up my spine.

Definitely people who just saw Libera perform live for the first time today would've bought tickets had there been any left. If they announce another Manila concert next week i'm very certain it will sell-out fast. That was truly an incredible performance.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hark! how the bells
Sweet silver bells
All seem to say,
"Throw cares away."
Christmas is here
Bringing good cheer
To young and old
Meek and the bold

Ding, dong, ding, dong
That is their song
With joyful ring
All caroling
One seems to hear
Words of good cheer
From ev'rywhere
Filling the air

Oh how they pound,
Raising the sound,
O'er hill and dale,
Telling their tale,
Gaily they ring
While people sing
Songs of good cheer
Christmas is here
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas

On, on they send
On without end
Their joyful tone
To ev'ry home

Ding, dong, ding, dong.

Mercy & Love
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

i was amazd this moring and wow josh ben all of them blow me a way omg i really really enjoyd it thanks u guys for puting it up
Last edited by whitetail1985 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule #9
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

With a proper night's sleep behind me (and watching in HD this time) I liked it even more
this time around. Agree with Dani that there was a backing track so I was looking at expressions.
The boys definitely didn't phone in this performance. Excellent shots of Ben P and JB doing
their staredowns, Stefan's transitions from high notes to lyrics and Cassius' final smile.

It seemed like everyone had a closeup at one time or another. I had a little trouble
recognizing Isaac and Nano-Ben with more hair! :D
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

FANTASTIC!
cant wait to see them live now - only a month to go!
also, if the xmas album is being released on uk itunes tomorrow, does that mean my album preordered from amazon will arrive soon too?!
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

danieb88 wrote:FANTASTIC!
cant wait to see them live now - only a month to go!
also, if the xmas album is being released on uk itunes tomorrow, does that mean my album preordered from amazon will arrive soon too?!
No, don't think so. For some strange reason the physical CD still shows a release date of 22nd November. I can only suppose that production of the CD was delayed for some reason.

Mercy & Love
skittles

Post by skittles »

sorry about the abrupt halt in updates, i lost the internet connection i had. well all in all i think the meet and greet was good. we sat in front and from what i noticed, the little guys are REALLY good at PR. barney and matthew madine in particular stand out for me. the crowd went wild for them, particularly this group of girls behind me. i think i may be temporarily deaf. :D

the one thing i'm a little upset about however, is the extreme security put on some of the boys. i understand that their safety is of extreme importance but, as an example, there was a security guard who stood in front of matthew m and josh(they were seated together) the whole time. quite literally, he took cds from the fans and held it out for the two to sign and gave it back on the other side. i know that josh has a huge fanbase but he was there to "meet and greet" the fans and at least in my experience the most i got of him and matthew was a fleeting glance and a hurried hello. i noticed many girls trying to push the security away as well, unsuccessfully. the first group was much more laidback and you generally had time to say hello but security would still come and stand infront of ben and jonathan. all the boys would bend sideways to wave and in the end josh stood up to look over his guard and wave at the crowd of fans with cameras. in short, security may have been just a little too tight.

also, this is nitpicking but by god that host was awful. she pronounced everything wrong! and she continually called the boys the wrong names. it was probably just annoying though because my friends and i were discussing how a fan, even a semi-fan, could have done them so much more justice.

on a side note, barney lindsell has got to be the cutest thing ever. he seemed absolutely amazed and was constantly taking pictures. so adorable!

and also lauren, i remembered your story about cassius' compliment on your dress. he told my friend she had a nice necklace on and apparantly he has officially made her day. :)
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Skittles, did the guards not allow anyone to like maybe at least take a quick snap of a person and a choir member? Or does that get the banhammer from the security guards too? :?
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

PolyEast Records has uploaded some photos from ASAP Rocks to their FB. Unfortunately it's not yet on their public FB page. It's in their old FB "person" account (requiring you to be friends with them) before you can access their updates. But no worries it will surely be available from their public FB page soon.
299946_1848512351709_1807737865_1212867_273320081_n.jpg
Libera on ASAP Rocks. Courtesy of PolyEast Records.
299946_1848512351709_1807737865_1212867_273320081_n.jpg (133.02 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
299946_1848512351709_1807737865_1212867_273320081_n.jpg (133.02 KiB) Viewed 1086 times