Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

psykick

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by psykick »

Benj wrote:I was afraid the security would spoil it again. Yeah the worst that fans can do is tickle Josh to death :lol:
Still, better than no meet & greet at all. Contrary to some belief that Asian fans are mostly screaming young girls, this crowd had everyone from every walk of life. There were as many senior citizens as there were kids.

We really have to give credit to the boys. They felt it was a bit tense and they made everyone feel comfortable. Ben, in particular, would greet every fan first, making him/her immediately at ease. He would even accommodate various requests and for the fans those memories will be treasured.

Kavanna was his usual gigly self. He laughed with me when i asked if he was watching the Black Eyed Peas concert this Tuesday. Doesn't this boy get tired? He doesn't do solos but it's those harmonies that he does that give Libera it's distinct sound, to me they are more difficult than doing a solo.

Luke, he grew up a lot in just a year and I was able congratulated him on his solo. Ralph, i asked if he did the solo on Holy Night that can be heard on the background. He thought for a moment, then laughed saying i honestly don't know anymore :lol:

I was able to sneak a thank you to Josh for coming back. And a simple token for his birthday. He would probably find out later i gave one to Ben too. (I was looking for a bigger one guys, but that's all they have in that huge but useless mall :lol: )

My little cousin who was brave enough to line up on his own, cause we were given separated numbers, is now bragging in our whole neighborhood that Liam and Tiarnan spoke to him. Thanks guys for making it memorable for him as well.
Although he's pissed when we got home and he found out that Ben wasn't able to sign his cd. :lol:
Man, am I jealous! I remember the two meet and greets that I attended while I was still in the Philippines, and this sure does bring back memories of meeting with the boys. Thanks a lot for detailing the event, it really helps those that do not have the privilege.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

New post from Libera on their Facebook :)
Libera on Facebook wrote:Our concert today at the PICC in Manila is virtually sold out - there are just a few tickets left.
We are glad that so many of our supporters will be at our concert, but we are sad for anyone who has not been able to buy tickets.
It have been posted by someone from the staff near 2:00 am Manila time ! :)

The concert is at 8:00 pm Manila time, which is 2:00 pm Paris time, 1:00 pm London Time, 7:00 an Chicago time.

We can expect to have a few news at the intermission or even before the start of the show, as the songs list :)
First Photos or videos may be uploaded roughly 3 hours after the show starts ;)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Thanks to Hannah for the pictures!
The reviews are also very nice to read! :D

Regarding the watermarks- one corner of the picture would be enough :wink:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Thanks so much for all the pictures and reviews everyone!! I really wish I could have been there! Can't wait to hear how the concerts go :D
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

My pleasure! Pity about the Stefan site, they have some REALLY nice pics of the Madine bros + Stefan.
And Ralph told me about the big, big surprise they have for us. I asked him whether they're going to sing another Tagalog song. He just grinned and said he wants to keep it a surprise. Well at least I tried eh? :lol:
Who else is going to the PICC concert tonight?
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

fan_de_LoK wrote:We can expect to have a few news at the intermission or even before the start of the show, as the songs list :)
First Photos or videos may be uploaded roughly 3 hours after the show starts ;)
By the time I come home from work there probably will be some "news" from forum members that will attend tonight's concert in Manila. I'm still thinking whether to read them (and thus be spoiled) or not. I'm thinking of not revisiting the forum till after I watch the concert this Friday. Decisions, decisions... :lol:
hannah_kirstin wrote: And Ralph told me about the big, big surprise they have for us. I asked him whether they're going to sing another Tagalog song. He just grinned and said he wants to keep it a surprise.
Exactly the reason why I'm thinking of not reading anything till after I watch the Friday concert. But not sure if I could do it. :) We'll see.
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

phlibera wrote: Exactly the reason why I'm thinking of not reading anything till after I watch the Friday concert. But not sure if I could do it. :) We'll see.
I applaud your restraint! Good luck in keeping away from the forum. Gives you lots of things to be excited about come Friday! But I'll be blasting updates from my phone tonight. :lol:
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Restraint till Friday? :roll: Ha! I doubt it.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

An article with a short interview of Kavana :)
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/338901/libera-returns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Thanks FDL!

Kavana: “The first thing I noticed is how hot it is here,” he says recalling the experience. “But at the same time, I remember people just being always happy, always smiling.”

Ralph: “I used to wonder if the warm climate contributes to Filipinos being warm and friendly,” he says. “Because really, I can’t believe how friendly and accommodating you guys are.”

Wondering about the same thing. The Philippines also gets hit by an average of 35 typhoons yearly yet despite these extreme weather the Filipinos are still ranked among the happiest people in the world. :D

And more joy was added to the 20 Million people who saw Libera's live performance on tv last Sunday. Too bad Libera isn't adding additional concerts. They would've sold-out instantly.

Just a few more hours before the big event. I look forward to Mr. Bobby de Ocampo in welcoming everyone tonight to the Sounds of Heaven!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Less than 40 mn prior the first concert and not any leak yet about the songs list ?? :mrgreen:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Grrrr... why has this forum suddenly gone on the go-slow?

Anyway I sent a link to Mini Angels blog last night that had some more pictures from Libera-Childrens Hour press conference. In particular the interview with Kavana, Liam, Ralph, Cassius and Michael. Some pics below but visit Lauren & Lexi's blog for more.

Flashback Japan 2006
Image lol some things never change.

I hope we see some TV news voxpops from the names that are on those showbiz mics ;) It was an admirable event for libera to be involved in.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

No news yet ?

I would of thought the set list would of been up by now ! Colour me surprised !
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:No news yet ?

I would of thought the set list would of been up by now ! Colour me surprised !
Speaking of which - http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/10 ... ncert.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; courtesy of libera-fan abassador 2011 Yuki!!

Excellent balance between Festive & normal repertoire songs/carols but no room for Mysterium sadly.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Wow - no Libera , I find that odd personally as its there song .

And no Coventry carol but glory to thee is on there ??, again very surprised .

But the rest was pretty much expected and it looks pretty decent set list all in all .