Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by Rebecca (: »

Just watched the Carol of the Bells video!!! It was amazing!!! I really want to hear their Christmas songs live, now! (I'm still begging to my parents pretty much 24/7 to let me go to the UK concert). Anyways, glad the M&G went fairly well!!! Would have loved to be there!! and I'll admit I'd be one of the girls screaming her head off... :roll:
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I'm glad it's already on youtube. Was out with the family today and as we were finishing up our lunch and before heading out to SM North, we caught their ASAP live performance. They are amazing. :D
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

On the Stefan Facebook page there is a picture of him at the M&G. Not that clear. But it's something :mrgreen:

Oh BTW Credit for the owners, although I don't know who it is. But THANKS!!
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

So sorry to read that Skittles. I think a similar thing happened in April last year. The security guards should have adapted to the current situation. I mean how much damage can young girls do to Josh? :lol: They should have stayed either behind the choristers or behind the fans.
skittles

Post by skittles »

moppi, you were allowed to take pictures but only as you were signing. and those guards don't move for anything so y were better off taking a video.

phlibera, i know right! i'm teenaged, was in high heels and a dress and so were my friends. what did they think we were going to do, giggle them to death? hahaha, but i'm glad they had the meet and greet, i'm only upset because it had potential to be a lot better.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yeah, let's be grateful for that. Not every venue they visit has an M&G. Plus the parents of Libera, if they read your report, might be so relieved to hear of the security being put up around them. :D Which will hopefully encouraged them to always give permission for their sons to go on tour in our country.

And I tinkered with Ticket World again and now only the 2,500 pesos seats are left. Might have sold out earlier if the concert was on a weekend and not having to compete with the Black Eyed Peas and David Foster & Friends, but it's safe to say the PICC concert is on track to being successful. Let's pray for their perfect health during the concerts.
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Well, I can proudly say that I stayed up till three :roll: last night to see the proformance of Carol of the Bells live...It was INCREDIBLE!!! I had never heard their full version of the carol, and it was simply stunning. GREAT JOB GUYS! Wow! I am sure we can all feel super proud of them :D :D
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

skittles wrote:the one thing i'm a little upset about however, is the extreme security put on some of the boys. i understand that their safety is of extreme importance but, as an example, there was a security guard who stood in front of matthew m and josh(they were seated together) the whole time. quite literally, he took cds from the fans and held it out for the two to sign and gave it back on the other side.
I'm surprised by this. Wonder if there is a good reason that we don't know about. So was anyone able to get a pic of Josh and Matt together? That would be awesome! :D
skittles wrote:and also lauren, i remembered your story about cassius' compliment on your dress. he told my friend she had a nice necklace on and apparantly he has officially made her day. :)
All the kids are really sweet, but that Cassius is quite the charmer! :lol:
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Libera just tweeted "GR8 day yesterday - Live to 20M ppl on ASAP Rocks @ lunchtime; SM Mall signing at tea time; cultural exchange at dinner time."

That was a busy but very good day! :shock:
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Looks like their ASAP rocks performance today really is pulling in some new fans!!! While listening to Time on youtube I looked at the comments and the most recent was "i saw them for the first time at ASAP today,,.. they gave me goose bumps and made me cry..." yay for new fans! :D
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Really nice write-up and pictures about the Manila M&G on the Liberians Philippines blog.

http://liberiansph.blogspot.com/2011/10 ... block.html

The pictures of the boys are little blurry cause I think a different camera was used. But a very good write-up! :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Lauren wrote:Really nice write-up and pictures about the Manila M&G on the Liberians Philippines blog.
Yeah, thanks for sharing! Nice write-up and pics, I could almost hear a lot of happy screaming :lol:
I also like that YT video! I watched it a bit more than a few times :wink:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for the reviews, write-up, pics etc..

Shame to hear that security was a little overbearing at times. It's a fine line that sits between allowing interaction between the fans and libera and safeguarding against that one in a million incident you would never want to happen. One woud hope a little common sense and flexibility is applied in the context of each situation, instead of putting into practise a one-fits all solution.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Just watched the video from ASAP. Amazing. The camera work was great in my opinion. I'll have to watch it again to get the full experience. I love Cassius' smile at the end :D

I seemed like the kids were a little nervous during their speaking parts, but I think that's understandable :)

I love that song, I'm really excited to get the CD when it comes out.

I hope their concerts go well.
Tim

Oh, and this is my 100th post :D
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Just saw this on Libera360, about the pronunciation of the new boys' names. Turns out, none of them are easy! :lol:
There are three boys from Libera who have names that are pronounced differently from how they are read. Don't panic! We're here to help you out!

Ciaran Bradury-Hickey -Ciaran is pronounced as KEE-YA-RAN.

Eoghan McCarthy - Eoghan is the Celtic or Irish way to spell a name that's pronounced as OWEN.

Jakub Neidrmaier uses the name Kuba, pronounced like CUBA / KYOO-BUH which is short for Jakuba; pronounced YAKUBA.
Well, it would appear that Ciaran and Eoghan are Celtic names, but I wonder what language the name Jakub/Kuba/Jakuba,is from? Anybody know? Perhaps Polish or German? Perhaps he's friends of Michael Ustynovych-Repa and Orlando Woscholski. :wink: