The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

javerylibe

Re: Christmas CD

Post by javerylibe »

Brilliant. Add me to the list of people who enjoy Christmas music all year and will be very much looking forward to this new album. I collect Christmas carols, but the old Angel Voices Christmas disk is a bit too saccharine and synthesised for me—though I suppose I could thank my taste for minor carols for that—and this new CD will offer Libera the chance to improve tenfold upon an album that's over a decade old now. Besides: Libera, being a choir of children with a 'shiny' sound, fit the Christmas album niche very, very nicely; this album will likely be a boon to them in terms both of record sales and of wider exposure.

Which songs and/or carols would you like to hear from the group?

These are just a few that I don't encounter as frequently as the Big Carols and that might suit Libera's sound quite nicely:

The Little Road to Bethlehem
See, Amid the Winter's Snow
A Spaceman Came Traveling
Mary's Boy Child (This is actually on the Angel Voices disk, but if Libera were to re-work it a bit, it could be loads of fun. The Nidarosdomens Guttekor have a great choral version on one of their albums.)

They'd also do well with the secular tunes. 'White Christmas,' 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,' 'Fairytale of New York'...

...well. Perhaps not that last one. :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

javerylibe wrote:Besides: Libera, being a choir of children with a 'shiny' sound, fit the Christmas album niche very, very nicely.
[...]
You call that a niche? :shock: :wink:
I would like to hear The Lamb by John Tavener, Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, The First Noel, O Come All ye Faithful... I don't own AV3 yet - I was gonna wait till this Christmas ;) - but still I wouldn't mind both an old and a new version of some songs.
And Adoramus Te from AV1 - that's originally a Christmas song, isn't it?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
javerylibe

Post by javerylibe »

maartendas wrote:
javerylibe wrote:Besides: Libera, being a choir of children with a 'shiny' sound, fit the Christmas album niche very, very nicely.
[...]
You call that a niche? :shock: :wink: ?
Sure! Christmas—for reasons religious, sentimental and commercial—is all about kids. We already consume images of them through the Christmas season, and as the frequent morning television appearances of children's choirs and the six billion King's College Christmas albums can attest, some number of us are very happy, during that season, to consume the sounds of them, as well. But then again, I'm certain there are others who sincerely wish that those piping little kids and their jingle bells would p--- off already. :wink:

'The First Noel' well-arranged could sound very nice coming from Libera. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a track listing.
elemental7

Post by elemental7 »

i cant wait for october till they launch this cd in the the philippines!! :D
lights and sounds are my life.
labbie

Post by labbie »

What javerylibe said about some people wishing the Christmas season would end prompted me to add the following:
Even though most people do embrace the spirit and goodwill of the Christmas season, as I'm sure most of us do, we must remember that for others, even the beautiful sounds of children's voices, whether in song or laughter, may only serve to increase the feelings of loneliness or sadness that they may be experiencing due to personal circumstances. Christmas can be a very difficult time for individuals who are depressed or feeling isolated. Hopefully, people who find themselves despairing during the holiday season can be reached and supported by the love of others, and once again find their way back to a place in their lives where they can feel free of their sadness and despair, and find joy and comfort in the message and music of the season.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:
[...]
You call that a niche? :shock: :wink:
I would like to hear The Lamb by John Tavener, Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, The First Noel, O Come All ye Faithful... I don't own AV3 yet - I was gonna wait till this Christmas ;) - but still I wouldn't mind both an old and a new version of some songs.
And Adoramus Te from AV1 - that's originally a Christmas song, isn't it?
Let me use my psychic powers.......hang on a moment.......I'm getting the words.....'Silent night' and 'Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas' and 'How Can I Keep from Singing'.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

elemental7 wrote:i cant wait for october till they launch this cd in the the philippines!! :D
who said they're going to launch the christmas CD in October in the Philippines? :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Nikki178 wrote: who said they're going to launch the christmas CD in October in the Philippines? :)
See here
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

There is an interesting change on the official site :)

The news about the Christmas CD have been updated, there is now a new photo ! :D

A few things :

* The photographer of the first photo seems to be Stefan :)
They were 9 at this recording session.

* The score of the song they were singing may know be visible on the officiel site ! :)
It's going to be very difficult to read it (almost impossible), but in case of someone being able to read the score, then we will know at least one title of the new CD ! :)

* A quest ?
The score is very small and blurry, but what is funny is that Stefan have put is hand just below it, like if he was holding it, while he took the photo, starring at us with a grin ! :)
Is this made on purpose ? Is this a kind of a joke or a quest that the boys are doing to tease us about the new CD ?? :mrgreen:

To see the score you must look for it a little on the official site :) (clic on the photo above to go there)
I'm not going to say now how to see the photo with the score, first because it's easy, second because seeking is part of the fun of a quest and I don't want to spoil that ! :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote: To see the score you must look for it a little on the official site :) (clic on the photo above to go there)
I'm not going to say now how to see the photo with the score, first because it's easy, second because seeking is part of the fun of a quest and I don't want to spoil that ! :)
I have no idea what you're talking about... :? No score anywhere in sight as far as I can tell. Except on the picture with Ralph, Matthew R and Luke there's a standard with probably a score on it but that's seen from the back.
Btw how did you get to 9? I count Ralph, Luke, Matthew, Stefan, Jakob, Kavana and that's it. But then again I don't remember who were in the picture originally posted :wink:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Sorry Maartendas , I can't give here the method to see the hidden photo, it's too soon.
I don't want to ruin what seems to be a very nice joke/teasing from the boys :D

Go to the page of the news about this Christmas CD is and try things, it's not difficult.
On the french forum BulleHynka and David have found the hidden photo quite immediately :)

Concerning the number of the boys on thes two photo, yes they are nine :)
Easy to see, the original photo of the news is still there, on the right.
It's the same photo you already know, with the 8 boys on it, despite what the page formatting shows in appearance :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

OK I don't want to spoil a good chase... ;) I'll keep trying. Curious to see who will find out because I am at a loss here ;)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Patrick is you're web browser " Firefox" ?>

I just took a very quick look and i cant see any secret photo. I right clicked and viewed image info and just them two photos i can see already see come up . There seems to be nothing else to do on the page besides that.
labbie

Post by labbie »

I can't see anything, either. I'm using a Mac with Safari as browser.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

labbie wrote:I can't see anything, either. I'm using a Mac with Safari as browser.

Same :D

The fact that Patrick can see the " original photo on the right" says we are seeing different things as i can not see the original photo even when i right click.