USA tour!!! [2011]

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

liberainchicago

Re: USA tour!!!

Post by liberainchicago »

What can I say? I'm dumbfounded. Two shows within easy driving distance. I highly recommend the St. Louis show if it is at the Basilica. Last year's show was beyond description. It is a great venue and the Cathedral Concert folks are just wonderful. I am making my plans now.

"See you in St. Louis."
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

katyafan wrote:from California, it will cost me 500$ round trip, and that is just the airfare. Renting a car is expensive, and hotel is too. Looking at around 1000$ all-inclusive for the two Minnesota concerts. Is it just one now??

The US is such a big country, that for people in the North and Southwest, as well as North and Southeast, it is not a short trip. I am upset, they already went through the center of the country not long ago. I wish they could go somewhere else, but of course i understand that where they are offered to come and stay is the best place. They may have received offers to perform that they cannot pass up.

And of course I am excited for all you in the Midwest!!! And for Libera, coming back to the US, which I know they love.

Yep i was also baffled by the fact they have gone pretty much back to where they was in April and it goes back on what they said in November when they said 2011 was about going to " new places" but if they got offered an amazing deal and by the sounds of it they must of then they would be silly to turn it down. A lot of the fan base are happy with this news but others are not and that's how it works sometimes.

But it would be nice for them to go to Florida and down that way lol.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

dani wrote:
katyafan wrote:from California, it will cost me 500$ round trip, and that is just the airfare. Renting a car is expensive, and hotel is too. Looking at around 1000$ all-inclusive for the two Minnesota concerts. Is it just one now??

The US is such a big country, that for people in the North and Southwest, as well as North and Southeast, it is not a short trip. I am upset, they already went through the center of the country not long ago. I wish they could go somewhere else, but of course i understand that where they are offered to come and stay is the best place. They may have received offers to perform that they cannot pass up.

And of course I am excited for all you in the Midwest!!! And for Libera, coming back to the US, which I know they love.

Yep i was also baffled by the fact they have gone pretty much back to where they was in April and it goes back on what they said in November when they said 2011 was about going to " new places" but if they got offered an amazing deal and by the sounds of it they must of then they would be silly to turn it down. A lot of the fan base are happy with this news but others are left feeling disappointed and that's how it works sometimes.

But it would be nice for them to go to Florida and down that way lol.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

tom413 wrote: Not if you include taxes and fees. I think you could go from Riga to Chicago for just under $1000USD but with the
taxes you're looking at closer to 1400-1500USD.
Yeah. I was looking for a flight Riga-Chicago and Houston-Riga and couldn't find it cheaper than approx.1400 USD (it's roughly 10 times more than I usually pay for a flight to London and back!!!). And considering the other costs ... Hmm, it looks like I'll wait for a concert in UK or Europe.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Arfff... another great European fan not coming :(
Neither are the french guys Fred and François.

Viabuona, Yorkie... what about you ?
Are you looking for coming ?
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Viabuona, Yorkie... what about you ?
I'm just now looking for flights but my handicap is, that I will return 31st of July from a Boattrip so I could anyway visit only three concerts. And to do such a travel with all the coasts for three concerts.... :roll:
You have to do it without me :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
Viabuona, Yorkie... what about you ?
Tempting but a months notice for such a big trip just isn't enough. No, I don't think I will be going F_D_L. Maybe next year.........
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Arfff... another great European fan not coming :(
Hi Patrick

So I take it you will be there?
I have booked flight/hotel/car for the first three but have to back in NB for the week of 1st August so will miss St. Louis - which is a disappointment, especially if it is to be at the Basilica Cathedral again.
Yet to decide about Texas.
I'm leaving for the UK tomorrow. I will try to get to St. Philip's on Sunday and see if I can gather any further details.

John
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote:How sure are you Paul? Do you have any clues or are you just optimistic?
Just optimistic.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

john45 wrote:Hi Patrick

So I take it you will be there?
Yep ! For the all tour :)

I have booked the main flight ticket, checked prices for the car and almost chose it, checked the hotels range prices (for sure cheaper than yours :mrgreen: ) and managed many things. I intend to book all by the end of the week.

I just hope I will not travel all this alone, a tour is much more pleasant when shared with other people :)

If someone is thinking to come and is interested to join me to share the car (and even share the room :mrgreen:) to decrease the prices, feel free to contact me by PM :)
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

paul30003 wrote:
maartendas wrote:How sure are you Paul? Do you have any clues or are you just optimistic?
Just optimistic.
Well then I will be optimistic with you too ;).

No USA for me. Have to save money for a three month journey to Ethiopie. For a school project. But everyone who is going !! HAVE FUN!! Enjoy the shows, for all of us.
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Besides fans from USA, are there any fans who are outside from USA going to any of their concerts?

Charmaine
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

There is at least one, me, and I would be pleased to not be the only one ! :lol:
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

I have heard from several, unrelated to each other, coming from Japan! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kringle

Post by kringle »

sweetangel16 wrote:Besides fans from USA, are there any fans who are outside from USA going to any of their concerts?

Charmaine
I'll be travelling from Toronto to St. Paul, then to Chicago, then St. Louis. I wish I could do all the tour but three is better than nothing!! :D