hi! im new!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Jenn
Silver Member

Re: hi! im new!

Post by Jenn »

Good for you for sharing Libera with your family :D Also nice response to your friend who called you weird hehe :D IMO anyone who DOESN'T like Libera is weird! We're the normal ones *high five*

I guess the way I read your post before was in a more negative way than you intended, so I apologize for misinterpreting it as you being ashamed. Thanks for clarifying it :-) I certainly know it can be a bit awkward to try to explain Libera to people you assume won't "get it". But the happiness I get from Libera's music makes it well worth the odd looks or "lol little boys" remarks I get occasionally.
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Jenn wrote:Good for you for sharing Libera with your family :D Also nice response to your friend who called you weird hehe :D IMO anyone who DOESN'T like Libera is weird! We're the normal ones *high five*

I guess the way I read your post before was in a more negative way than you intended, so I apologize for misinterpreting it as you being ashamed. Thanks for clarifying it :-) I certainly know it can be a bit awkward to try to explain Libera to people you assume won't "get it". But the happiness I get from Libera's music makes it well worth the odd looks or "lol little boys" remarks I get occasionally.
I completely agree that we are the normal ones :D The way I look at libera is different than any other type of music. I look at it more as a beautiful art. I feel like when libera sings those harmonies, it's like painting a picture. Each color has it's own role in the painting. And the final product is all the colors put together. Libera is the first thing I listen to in the morning and last thing at night. I have amazing Bose earphones, so you can really hear the bass and stuff. I turn the treble booster up and then I blast it. It sounds amazing. It actually did make me emotional once :) Libera to me is a lot more than music. It's a beautiful masterpiece that comes together with a sprinkle of perfection!
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

Sounds like we have rather similar experiences when listening :D I was at a newcomers gathering at church a couple weeks ago and tried to explain to someone why I joined that church and I must have sounded so silly trying to explain how stumbling upon Libera on youtube eventually led me to seeking out a church home for the first time since I was about 11 years old. It doesn't matter what mood I'm in, Libera's music will help. I've also become very interested in singing since finding Libera though I won't sing in front of anyone but my car hehe. I sing along with their music allllllllll the time and am trying to get the courage to join my church's choir.

I also have Bose headphones (earbuds though so not quite as good as their actual headphones) and the cheapest set of Bose speakers on my gaming computer. It's quite funny when my mom (yeah yeah I'm a bum) has to tell me to turn down my choral music because the subwoofer is making the wall between our rooms vibrate. :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Jenn wrote:Sounds like we have rather similar experiences when listening :D I was at a newcomers gathering at church a couple weeks ago and tried to explain to someone why I joined that church and I must have sounded so silly trying to explain how stumbling upon Libera on youtube eventually led me to seeking out a church home for the first time since I was about 11 years old. It doesn't matter what mood I'm in, Libera's music will help. I've also become very interested in singing since finding Libera though I won't sing in front of anyone but my car hehe. I sing along with their music allllllllll the time and am trying to get the courage to join my church's choir.

I also have Bose headphones (earbuds though so not quite as good as their actual headphones) and the cheapest set of Bose speakers on my gaming computer. It's quite funny when my mom (yeah yeah I'm a bum) has to tell me to turn down my choral music because the subwoofer is making the wall between our rooms vibrate. :D
That is amazing that Libera led to you seeking out a church!! That is one of the greatest 'testimonies' of their music I have ever heard :D For me, it was the other way 'round, I became a fan about a year after I found my faith again.

Go, join that choir!! Singing in a choir is one of the best things a person could choose to do. Maybe it's a bit 'scary' at first but if you like singing and the choir director is good and you like the repertoire then I say, no doubt about it, go for it.
I joined my church choir in 2008, couldn't quite find my place yet (shy, insecure) and left after a year. Earlier this year though I returned because I really missed it - and in the time inbetween I had grown as a person, gotten more secure etc. Just more 'grounded' in life. And now I absolutely love it, I have had some great and special moments when singing together in my choir. There's so much you can gain as a person from it.

Oh and that quote about the walls is hilarious!! :D You would expect it if it said "rock" or "rap" or something but choral music?!! :lol:

Also - I want to share how I got to know Libera because it fits in the discussion you girls have been having about how people respond to Libera and how they are not mainstream etc. When I first heard Libera - an early video of Sanctus on Youtube - I was impressed by the harmonies and the overall sound BUT it was so far from what I (and my friends) considered 'cool' that I was actually put off by it..... Little boys in white angelic robes singing perfect harmonies surrounded by candles... it was all too much! I didn't know such a thing even existed. But it didn't leave my mind either. Sometime later, I overheard one of my best friends tell another person that they should listen to Libera, "they're like little angels". And this friend of mine used to be a professional classical singer/conductor and I always take his judgment on music seriously. So I was curious to give Libera another chance. Well, I went back to Youtube and tried out different clips, mainly from the Angel Voices in Concert DVD - Going Home, Adoramus, etc. And the Concert of Hope. And I downloaded torrents and put them on my mp3 player. And still I was not convinced I actually liked them... They were my 'guilty pleasure'... I also felt a bit ashamed for liking them, scared what my friends might think. They were so completely removed from everything else I listened to and what was considered 'cool', etc. But, I distinctly remember that one afternoon, I was watching the Sanctus performance from Concert of Hope for the umpteenth time and finally admitted: YES I like them.. it's official now... It was like a conversion moment, lol :wink: And, well, as with any true conversion, it just got more and more serious, and now look where I am :D
They stirred a part of my soul that I forgot about. A purity I kept hidden away. I now live from that. Like I said, finding Libera sort of coincided with my finding my faith again so it was all time for it I guess. My life is much better now :) (and I replaced the torrents with actual CDs ;))
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

maartendas wrote:
Jenn wrote:
That is amazing that Libera led to you seeking out a church!! That is one of the greatest 'testimonies' of their music I have ever heard :D For me, it was the other way 'round, I became a fan about a year after I found my faith again.

Also - I want to share how I got to know Libera because it fits in the discussion you girls have been having about how people respond to Libera and how they are not mainstream etc. When I first heard Libera - an early video of Sanctus on Youtube - I was impressed by the harmonies and the overall sound BUT it was so far from what I (and my friends) considered 'cool' that I was actually put off by it..... Little boys in white angelic robes singing perfect harmonies surrounded by candles... it was all too much! I didn't know such a thing even existed. But it didn't leave my mind either. Sometime later, I overheard one of my best friends tell another person that they should listen to Libera, "they're like little angels". And this friend of mine used to be a professional classical singer/conductor and I always take his judgment on music seriously. So I was curious to give Libera another chance. Well, I went back to Youtube and tried out different clips, mainly from the Angel Voices in Concert DVD - Going Home, Adoramus, etc. And the Concert of Hope. And I downloaded torrents and put them on my mp3 player. And still I was not convinced I actually liked them... They were my 'guilty pleasure'... I also felt a bit ashamed for liking them, scared what my friends might think. They were so completely removed from everything else I listened to and what was considered 'cool', etc. But, I distinctly remember that one afternoon, I was watching the Sanctus performance from Concert of Hope for the umpteenth time and finally admitted: YES I like them.. it's official now... It was like a conversion moment, lol :wink: And, well, as with any true conversion, it just got more and more serious, and now look where I am :D
They stirred a part of my soul that I forgot about. A purity I kept hidden away. I now live from that. Like I said, finding Libera sort of coincided with my finding my faith again so it was all time for it I guess. My life is much better now :) (and I replaced the torrents with actual CDs ;))
That's a really nice story! It's really cool how you found it, then didn't listen to it, now you are a Libera fanatic!
Jenn wrote:Sounds like we have rather similar experiences when listening :D I was at a newcomers gathering at church a couple weeks ago and tried to explain to someone why I joined that church and I must have sounded so silly trying to explain how stumbling upon Libera on youtube eventually led me to seeking out a church home for the first time since I was about 11 years old. It doesn't matter what mood I'm in, Libera's music will help. I've also become very interested in singing since finding Libera though I won't sing in front of anyone but my car hehe. I sing along with their music allllllllll the time and am trying to get the courage to join my church's choir.

that's so funny! Like Maarten said, it's funny how it's choral music, and not like rap or hip hop haha! But yeah I know (or at least I think I know) what Libera sounds like live. I know the Moody Church kinda shows what it sounds like live, but not the full effect. I like to blast the music and then close my eyes and imagine the lights and echoes and all of that. Again, not the full effect. Just a random thing to add: I am a strong believer in your dreams trying to tell you a story of something going to happen. Most of my dreams happen, good and bad. (I had a dream my best friend died and in real life our friendship died.) But last night I had a dream I was at a Libera concert and I met a whole bunch of fans my age. So maybe that's telling me something? I'm staying hopeful. :D
Everywhere around you
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

danncer96 wrote: that's so funny! Like Maarten said, it's funny how it's choral music, and not like rap or hip hop haha! But yeah I know (or at least I think I know) what Libera sounds like live. I know the Moody Church kinda shows what it sounds like live, but not the full effect. I like to blast the music and then close my eyes and imagine the lights and echoes and all of that. Again, not the full effect. Just a random thing to add: I am a strong believer in your dreams trying to tell you a story of something going to happen. Most of my dreams happen, good and bad. (I had a dream my best friend died and in real life our friendship died.) But last night I had a dream I was at a Libera concert and I met a whole bunch of fans my age. So maybe that's telling me something? I'm staying hopeful. :D
That would be wonderful!
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

danncer96 wrote: I completely agree that we are the normal ones :D The way I look at libera is different than any other type of music. I look at it more as a beautiful art. I feel like when libera sings those harmonies, it's like painting a picture. Each color has it's own role in the painting. And the final product is all the colors put together. Libera is the first thing I listen to in the morning and last thing at night. I have amazing Bose earphones, so you can really hear the bass and stuff. I turn the treble booster up and then I blast it. It sounds amazing. It actually did make me emotional once :) Libera to me is a lot more than music. It's a beautiful masterpiece that comes together with a sprinkle of perfection!
You summed it up perfectly :D
Libera is a wonderful cure, and, like you said, a beautiful work of art.
Being an artist, I simply LOVE to illustrate and paint pictures of their songs. There is so much that you can get out of each and every one of them :wink: My latest painting is of time, sancte, and far away all in one!
When ever I am feeling sad or depressed, the best cure is to grab my Libera disks and boom them in my room. they help me feel better every time!
:D :D :D
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

That is so cool! It is so neat that Libera was the insparation to you for joining your church!
Definitly join the choir :D that is a great oportunity :wink:
I have been a member of a church my entire life, but Libera has helped to inspire me to do more within my church
really neat stuff :)
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Julia wrote:

That is so cool! It is so neat that Libera was the insparation to you for joining your church!
Definitly join the choir :D that is a great oportunity :wink:
I have been a member of a church my entire life, but Libera has helped to inspire me to do more within my church
really neat stuff :)
Listening to Libera makes me wish that I could join my church's choir :( I would, but they meet on the weeknights that I always have things going on...at least I can do choir at my school, even if it isn't the best :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Julia wrote: Being an artist, I simply LOVE to illustrate and paint pictures of their songs. There is so much that you can get out of each and every one of them :wink: My latest painting is of time, sancte, and far away all in one!
Are you brave enough to share? :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

maartendas wrote:
Julia wrote: Being an artist, I simply LOVE to illustrate and paint pictures of their songs. There is so much that you can get out of each and every one of them :wink: My latest painting is of time, sancte, and far away all in one!
Please do!
Everywhere around you
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

maartendas wrote:
danncer96 wrote: Please do!

Sure!!! :D I will post my Libera painting as soon as I possibly can... the problem is that it is still wet :? and the type of paint I used dries pretty slowly,(as in a couple of days) but as soon as it is dry, I will scan it and post it up :D :D hope that you guys like it!!! Thanks for asking :D
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Julia wrote:
maartendas wrote:
danncer96 wrote: Please do!

Sure!!! :D I will post my Libera painting as soon as I possibly can... the problem is that it is still wet :? and the type of paint I used dries pretty slowly,(as in a couple of days) but as soon as it is dry, I will scan it and post it up :D :D hope that you guys like it!!! Thanks for asking :D
I'm looking forward to seeing them!
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Szepilona wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Me too!
Everywhere around you
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

My mom says she loves my passion when I texted her that I made her a PowerPoint. Finally I'm getting somewhere!
Everywhere around you