anyone able to sing like libera?

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Candid
Silver Member

anyone able to sing like libera?

Post by Candid »

When I discovered libera I immediately tried singing salva me and always with you. I can't control the high notes im a total amatuer. So I wanted to see if anyone else could sing like them, like average joes no one famous. I looked on youtube, I can't find any videos of people singing their songs. Only piano accompaniment.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Nope, nope.. I couldn't too. They are just too good! It's too hard to try to even hit some of the notes. I'll just leave it to them, the experts - Libera to sing, and we shall enjoy the music. LOL.
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

Hi
in answer to the qustion the answer is undoutably no but then why even try just sit back and leave it to the boys to entertain us with all their expertise so sit back and take pleasure in being taken on journey of brilliance,joy,hapiness
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes if someone squeezes my gonads hard enough, but it would still be out of tune.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

JimmyRiddle: HA!
The question: Absolutely not! I'm tone-deaf, vocally. :cry:
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

hi
ha me too i'm aslo absolutely tone deaf,vocally and couldn't read all that notes, as for latin Ha,ha so Libera saved from a fate worth than death lol
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

I can sing most of the parts (albeit an octave lower), however that is generally reserved for car rides that are hours long (by myself), or to warm up my voice for choir practice/mass. It's fun trying to pick out the middle voice parts. :)

Certain songs, such as "Be Still My Soul" and "Te Lucis"/"Glory to Thee..." mainly follow the traditional harmonies. "Be Still My Soul" for anyone who isn't familiar with the tune is "Finlandia", and many other lyrics are put to the tune (My parish sings This is my song... for the tune). In these cases, normally the soprano, alto, and tenor lines are sung without the bass line, unless I haven't picked it out yet.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Helium...but that kills brain cells, and I'd need every one of those to sing, and not screech.
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

ok on youtube theres a girl im guessing japanese singing I can sing forever by libera. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

When I was a pre-teen and what they now call a tweener, I was a boy soprano. Now mind you, it was nothing like the boys, but I could sing high notes and I was in a boys quartet in 6th grade. Unfortunately, when my voice changed, I lost any ability to sing with any control. Fortunately, I was also an instrumentalist so I was able to stay in music throughout school. When I was junior in high school, I was in 6 different musical groups at the same time.
Now, I can still sing but I need to be singing with someone else or a keyboard so I can match my voice to that. I sure could never sing with a group like our boys.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

When I was junior in high school, I was in 6 different musical groups at the same time.
Wow! 6 different musical groups?!?! How did you do that! That's like incredible! Do you have practice sessions very often? How did you cope with all the school work? Woah, just pretty unimaginable.

I never get much exposure to music.. Although I did learnt a few years of piano and later gave up.. And was in choir for the whole of high school, but I can never really sing well.. And I kind of suspect that I'm a little tone-deaf, cos sometimes I have problem singing in tune or that sometimes after singing a few verses, I'll suddenly sing flat.. Is there any thing I could do to solve that problem? :shock:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

xsakurax wrote:[
Wow! 6 different musical groups?!?! How did you do that! That's like incredible! Do you have practice sessions very often? How did you cope with all the school work? Woah, just pretty unimaginable.
:

Well, I tried to get all my homework done in study hall because afterschool everyday of the week had some sort of practice or another. Now the one, Symphonic Winds, was 1st period and regular Orchestra was the same period but I only had to be there once a week. Being a french horn player put me into a fair amount of demand.
My final grade in music at graduation was something approaching 175 or so but of course, my main teacher could only give me the 100. Plus, he put me in for a Letter in music which I was granted and I still have hanging on a wall in my living room, along with my tassel and my Dristict Band medal.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

xsakurax wrote:I never get much exposure to music.. Although I did learnt a few years of piano and later gave up.. And was in choir for the whole of high school, but I can never really sing well.. And I kind of suspect that I'm a little tone-deaf, cos sometimes I have problem singing in tune or that sometimes after singing a few verses, I'll suddenly sing flat.. Is there any thing I could do to solve that problem?
Well, the standard answer would be to take some lessons and practice singing. Like playing on any musical instrument, using the voice well requires a lot of practice and good technique. According to a pretty good friend of mine who's a fine voice teacher, most people without voice training improve a lot over the first few lessons, so it's not necessarily a lifelong commitment if all you want is to be a bit better than now.

I certainly don't claim to be anywhere near a good singer myself--with practically no instruction or practice--although I do enjoy the rare times when I can sing with some friends informally. One thing that helped me a whole lot in hearing and finding pitches was studying a bit of solfeggio in a couple of music theory classes in college. [Solfeggio is also great because it sounds like it would be a lot more complicated than it actually is. It's just the technical name for using various syllables (do, re, mi, fa...) for the various notes of the scale when studying intervals or sight reading music or whatever. People--at least non-musical people--are mildly impressed when you say you know solfeggio but not so much if you say you know your do-re-mi's.]

Recording yourself singing and then listening to the recording can be helpful (and revealing and sometimes discouraging), too.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

DrewE wrote:Recording yourself singing and then listening to the recording can be helpful (and revealing and sometimes discouraging), too.
*laughs*
It can indeed be discouraging. (I learned that the hard way. I should never have tried listening to myself.)
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

LOL. Thanks for the advice DrewE!