Salt and Light TV interview

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Liberation
Silver Member

Re: Salt and Light TV interview

Post by Liberation »

Here is a picture of the booklet from the album "Pavarotti The Duets" it shows all the given names.
Attachments
R-1637633-1557602996-6423.jpeg.jpg
R-1637633-1557602996-6423.jpeg.jpg (116.16 KiB) Viewed 25073 times
R-1637633-1557602996-6423.jpeg.jpg
R-1637633-1557602996-6423.jpeg.jpg (116.16 KiB) Viewed 25073 times
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

I might have mixed up Kit and Richards names by the foto in my first post, I had a lot of things on my mind,
but I do stick with the other two so it would be;
Richard / Daren Geraghty / Gary Francis / Kit Weston in the middle.
Yes, Kit, does looks like Liam here but it's not Liam and Gary looks like Chris Baron but in the video you can see a lot of resemblance between Chris and Gary. I've looked at the hair color, even if the foto is black and white you can see difference.
Here's the foto again;
Attachments
LiberaDeProfundis.jpg
LiberaDeProfundis.jpg (67.06 KiB) Viewed 25072 times
LiberaDeProfundis.jpg
LiberaDeProfundis.jpg (67.06 KiB) Viewed 25072 times
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

As Dinedorelle I thought about Liam O'Kane too. Though I agree with Liberation saying the boy on the right isn't Chris B but Gary.

Speaking of Chrises, small suggestion here.
ImageImage

Could this boy be the Chris dancing in the Libera video alongside Daren, Gary, Richard and Kit ?

There's this one pic of him from a Thora episode alongside Gary.
What do you think?
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Liberation wrote: <span title="Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:50 pm">4 years ago</span> I might have mixed up Kit and Richards names by the foto in my first post, I had a lot of things on my mind,
Yes, Kit, does looks like Liam here but it's not Liam and Gary looks like Chris Baron but in the video you can see a lot of resemblance between Chris and Gary. I've looked at the hair color, even if the foto is black and white you can see difference.
Here's the foto again;
I feel we have somewhat hi-jacked this thread as we are discussing old members and not the Salt and Light Interview, and I apologise for that. It sort of 'morphed' into something different.
I don't know how this works? Do the Moderators step in and move things around if we've gone too far off topic?
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Liberation wrote: <span title="Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:50 pm">4 years ago</span> I might have mixed up Kit and Richards names by the foto in my first post, I had a lot of things on my mind,
Here's the foto again;

I'm personally still not entirely sure if it's Kit or Liam, but I edge towards Liam still, so here's my twisted logic on this one...
I'll start with their HAIR and then see whether you need further convincing!

Liam O'Kane 1995 / Unknown 1995 / Kit Weston 1995

Image Image Image

Kit has a very particular hairstyle. In the 90's they called it 'curtains'.
Chris Baron, Gary Francis and Liam all had it, although Liam only after 1996.
The Unknown boy in the middle has softly swept hair that falls naturally in the direction of his left eye. Liam also has this style in his picture above and he also has the exact same in 1993 in the Thora videos - see here

On the other hand, this next picture is Kit Weston on the set of Profundis (where the main group B&W photo was taken)

Circled are his 'curtains', quite plain to see. He doesn't have the same style at all as the Unknown boy in the centre picture above.
Surely he's not going to comb his hair (coincidentally in the same way as Liam wears his at the time) just for a photo the very same day?
Has to be Liam.... if not, another boy we dont yet know.
My view only of course but it's good to open up the discussion.
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

The Furby wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> As Dinedorelle I thought about Liam O'Kane too. Though I agree with Liberation saying the boy on the right isn't Chris B but Gary.

Speaking of Chrises, small suggestion here.
ImageImage

Could this boy be the Chris dancing in the Libera video alongside Daren, Gary, Richard and Kit ?

There's this one pic of him from a Thora episode alongside Gary.
What do you think?
Oh damn, I always thought that was Chris Baron?? Is it not him?
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:16 am">4 years ago</span> Image

I'm personally still not entirely sure if it's Kit or Liam, but I edge towards Liam still, so here's my twisted logic on this one...
I'll start with their HAIR and then see whether you need further convincing!

Liam O'Kane 1995 / Unknown 1995 / Kit Weston 1995

Image Image Image

Kit has a very particular hairstyle. In the 90's they called it 'curtains'.
Chris Baron, Gary Francis and Liam all had it, although Liam only after 1996.
The Unknown boy in the middle has softly swept hair that falls naturally in the direction of his left eye. Liam also has this style in his picture above and he also has the exact same in 1993 in the Thora videos - see here
Agreeing with Dinedorelle that it's a tiny version of Liam! Liam looks so much younger than Daren in this photo, so I think it can't be Kit, especially if in the dancing video, Kit doesn't look much younger than Daren.

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:29 am">4 years ago</span>
The Furby wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> Speaking of Chrises, small suggestion here.
ImageImage

Oh dear, I've never thought that was Chris Baron haha. The boy in the first two pictures seem to have different eyes from the Chris dancing in the Libera video? I read somewhere that this photo (from some SOP video I think) below is Chris, is it correct? If it is correct, then I'll say the eyes are really quite different...

The Furby wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> There's this one pic of him from a Thora episode alongside Gary.
What do you think?
This doesn't look like Chris to me either haha, but I may be wrong. Is Gary the one on the right? It sure looks different from the Liam O'Kane look-alike though... Any idea who's the boy on the extreme left?
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

About the "black and white" foto I've posted. Yes to me the boy in the middle does look like Liam but I named him Kit cause Liam has lichter hair color and the mouth and nose are more like Kit weston, Liam has a smaller nose and smaller mouth.
But the main reason is that this foto was part of an advertising for the Libera / De Profundis remix. (the dance video, the maxi-cd)
On the "Blue Peter" video, and as well the dancing video, it's the same boy group (Chris, Daren, Gary, Kit, Richard) and Liam is not part of it. Yes, the other boys are in the "Blue Peter" video but it's obvious the known 5 are the centre of the video.

To the uncertainty of the Chris Baron foto;
yes the boy in de red shirt is Chris and the other foto I post here certainly is Chris. look at his birthmark.
jccjhj11.jpg
jccjhj11.jpg (17.38 KiB) Viewed 24980 times
jccjhj11.jpg
jccjhj11.jpg (17.38 KiB) Viewed 24980 times
ChrisBaron.png
ChrisBaron.png (30.8 KiB) Viewed 24980 times
ChrisBaron.png
ChrisBaron.png (30.8 KiB) Viewed 24980 times
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 am">4 years ago</span>

Agreeing with Dinedorelle that it's a tiny version of Liam! Liam looks so much younger than Daren in this photo, so I think it can't be Kit, especially if in the dancing video, Kit doesn't look much younger than Daren.

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:29 am">4 years ago</span>
The Furby wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> Speaking of Chrises, small suggestion here.
ImageImage

Oh dear, I've never thought that was Chris Baron haha. The boy in the first two pictures seem to have different eyes from the Chris dancing in the Libera video? I read somewhere that this photo (from some SOP video I think) below is Chris, is it correct? If it is correct, then I'll say the eyes are really quite different...

The Furby wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:28 pm">4 years ago</span> There's this one pic of him from a Thora episode alongside Gary.
What do you think?
This doesn't look like Chris to me either haha, but I may be wrong. Is Gary the one on the right? It sure looks different from the Liam O'Kane look-alike though... Any idea who's the boy on the extreme left?
The Furby, I think the boy with the 'sleepy eyes' isn't the same as I think is Chris Baron, but I do think he's the middle boy in the red teeshirt. Also I'm fairly certain that the boy on the right is a 1993 Gary Francis, but I dont have him on the picture spreadsheet. Which video is this from so I can try and recognise the others around him and eliminate boys?
bamboo, boy on the left is probably Luke Avery. Hair brushed almost horizontally to left, unlike any other member of the 1993 group.

Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Liberation wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:33 pm">4 years ago</span> About the "black and white" foto I've posted. Yes to me the boy in the middle does look like Liam but I named him Kit cause Liam has lichter hair color and the mouth and nose are more like Kit weston, Liam has a smaller nose and smaller mouth.
But the main reason is that this foto was part of an advertising for the Libera / De Profundis remix. (the dance video, the maxi-cd)
On the "Blue Peter" video, and as well the dancing video, it's the same boy group (Chris, Daren, Gary, Kit, Richard) and Liam is not part of it. Yes, the other boys are in the "Blue Peter" video but it's obvious the known 5 are the centre of the video.

yes the boy in de red shirt is Chris and the other foto I post here certainly is Chris. look at his birthmark.
jccjhj11.jpgChrisBaron.png
We can't use hair colour as an identifying feature here. Especially when it's a black and white photo. In the 'Blue Peter' video certain boys look like they have dark hair when in fact we know they are blond because of the stage lighting.
Liam I entirely agree has a smaller nose and mouth. But try making a smily smirky face and see how the contours of your own facial features change! Look in the mirror. The edges of the mouth splay out with a smile, and the nostrils flare, and that varies from person to person, so it could easily still be Liam.
You dismissed the hair theory completely without explanation. Can you explain why you think it's not relevant?
When you originally named Kit, was it by comparing him with another photo of himself or were you thinking it must be him because he was in the 'group of 5'?
I'm only looking for physical traits, not the fact that "it's obvious the known 5 are in the centre". Why weren't these 5 important boys all photographed in the B&W photo then? Bit of a swizz for one of them!
Also Liam does appear in the Blue Peter video, so why shouldn't he appear in the photo? 3 big lads and a little one! Makes sense for a publicity shot.

The unfortunate thing here is the atrocious quality of the video and the bad lighting too.
Without asking Kit/Liam themselves, we may be able to see the video in HD soon as the BBC archive is digitising every single episode ever produced of Blue Peter. That will be a revelation.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:51 pm">4 years ago</span>
Liberation wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:33 pm">4 years ago</span> About the "black and white" foto I've posted. Yes to me the boy in the middle does look like Liam but I named him Kit cause Liam has lichter hair color and the mouth and nose are more like Kit weston, Liam has a smaller nose and smaller mouth.

We can't use hair colour as an identifying feature here. Especially when it's a black and white photo. In the 'Blue Peter' video certain boys look like they have dark hair when in fact we know they are blond because of the stage lighting.
Liam I entirely agree has a smaller nose and mouth. But try making a smily smirky face and see how the contours of your own facial features change! Look in the mirror. The edges of the mouth splay out with a smile, and the nostrils flare, and that varies from person to person, so it could easily still be Liam.
You dismissed the hair theory completely without explanation. Can you explain why you think it's not relevant?
When you originally named Kit, was it by comparing him with another photo of himself or were you thinking it must be him because he was in the 'group of 5'?
I'm only looking for physical traits, not the fact that "it's obvious the known 5 are in the centre". Why weren't these 5 important boys all photographed in the B&W photo then? Bit of a swizz for one of them!
Also Liam does appear in the Blue Peter video, so why shouldn't he appear in the photo? 3 big lads and a little one! Makes sense for a publicity shot.

The unfortunate thing here is the atrocious quality of the video and the bad lighting too.
Without asking Kit/Liam themselves, we may be able to see the video in HD soon as the BBC archive is digitising every single episode ever produced of Blue Peter. That will be a revelation.
Oh, no, I don't dimissed the hair theory and it is a good theory although I also see some similarity in the hair styles, it's another moment, another day, another pose and that makes hair styles can change a bit. My theory of the "5 known boys" is not one to rely on but made my choice easier. for me and a lot of other Libera fans agreed back in the days, somewhere around 2004/2005,
that those were the names. There were a lot more forums on the net back than and they all comunicated with each other through certain members. We looked at hairstyles, noses, mouths, etc. and compared this foto with the boys in the video with the interview, that was the main choice to compare, that video interview. I know it was around 2004/2005 cause I did not had internet very long.
Like I mentioned before, the foto was part of an advertisment for the libera Remix cd, so why put Liam in the foto if he's not on the song, but like I said it's not a theory to rely on.
So, the main reason was the comparison of Kit in the video and the boy on the foto and it wasn't me alone to named them. All with in mind that the boy looks like Liam. But I'm open for changes. It just feels weird that I post pictures with good intentions and after all these years suddenly the names don't fit.
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

As Dinedorelle said sorry for diverting the original thread to another topic :oops:
Could a moderator move our posts to a new thread maybe?

Liberation wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:33 pm">4 years ago</span> To the uncertainty of the Chris Baron foto;
Yes indeed it looks like Chris Baron. Is it really a birthmark though ?
Yet going back to the boy in the red teeshirt, to me these are 2 different boys, different head and nose shapes. The boy on the right picture below and further down has distinctive slightly drooping eyelids. I fail to see how the boy in the red shirt could be Chris Baron (if that's what you mean, if not sorry for misunderstanding your comment) :?

Image Image
Image Image
Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:43 pm">4 years ago</span>Which video is this from so I can try and recognise the others around him and eliminate boys?
Sorry I said it was from Thora but it was Titchmarsh 1992 (San Damiano) :?

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:43 pm">4 years ago</span>bamboo, boy on the left is probably Luke Avery.
Yes, definitely him :)
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

Liberation wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:13 pm">4 years ago</span>
Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:51 pm">4 years ago</span>

Oh, no, I don't dimissed the hair theory and it is a good theory although I also see some similarity in the hair styles, it's another moment, another day, another pose and that makes hair styles can change a bit. My theory of the "5 known boys" is not one to rely on but made my choice easier. for me and a lot of other Libera fans agreed back in the days, somewhere around 2004/2005,
that those were the names. There were a lot more forums on the net back than and they all comunicated with each other through certain members. We looked at hairstyles, noses, mouths, etc. and compared this foto with the boys in the video with the interview, that was the main choice to compare, that video interview. I know it was around 2004/2005 cause I did not had internet very long.
Like I mentioned before, the foto was part of an advertisment for the libera Remix cd, so why put Liam in the foto if he's not on the song, but like I said it's not a theory to rely on.
So, the main reason was the comparison of Kit in the video and the boy on the foto and it wasn't me alone to named them. All with in mind that the boy looks like Liam. But I'm open for changes. It just feels weird that I post pictures with good intentions and after all these years suddenly the names don't fit.
Firstly I'd just like to say thank you for all the hard work you put into collecting and identifying the boys back then and since. It's a colossal task and takes an enormous amount of time. That time wasn't wasted - far from it. You and your group took the time to give names to the boys with the tools you had at hand. These days those tools are much more powerful, so all we're doing is fine-tuning your choice. Altering a name here and there if we can provide really good proof isn't the end of the world. I'd be delighted if a new group could find the truth behind a name, maybe from an error made years ago, only to open the door for many more names to be discovered. So thanks for opening up the possibility that we could discover some more hidden info.
Please continue to post those great photos - some I think have never been seen before. It's those that will provide the biggest clues.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:47 pm">4 years ago</span>
Firstly I'd just like to say thank you for all the hard work you put into collecting and identifying the boys back then and since. It's a colossal task and takes an enormous amount of time. That time wasn't wasted - far from it. You and your group took the time to give names to the boys with the tools you had at hand. These days those tools are much more powerful, so all we're doing is fine-tuning your choice. Altering a name here and there if we can provide really good proof isn't the end of the world. I'd be delighted if a new group could find the truth behind a name, maybe from an error made years ago, only to open the door for many more names to be discovered. So thanks for opening up the possibility that we could discover some more hidden info.
Please continue to post those great photos - some I think have never been seen before. It's those that will provide the biggest clues.
Thank's for the kind words.
Yes, off course I will keep posting pictures, when the occasion is there but I don't have many 'high quality' pics anymore
from the earlier times.
Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Back on topic....I only just noticed this thread. I clicked on the link and was taken to a page where it appears the interview is only available on DVD, is this correct?