Fun stuff and hobbies

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Libera_me

my hobbys

Post by Libera_me »

Hello!
I enjoy reading. I read mostly fantasy books and try to stay away from romance books(just not my type of book) Listen to music(Libera!!) Hanging out with friends, Horsebackriding(I'm still learning), Baking(Cookies are the best!), Drawing(badly I might add) and singing. I take voice lessons once a week and I am in my Schools Select Touring Choir. I also play the clarinet, but that was not my choice so it doesn't count as a hobby. I also enjoy acting. I've been in several School theatre production(Annie, Wizard of Oz)and with other local theatre companys(Pirates of Penzance, Beauty and the Beast) I have always been a small part. Another thing, I enjoy attempting(I usually dont get it right) to translate some of the Latin Libera songs using my english-Latin dictionaries. I'm a teenager so normal teenage stuff. I have quite a bit of free time!
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Hi all!

Well, in keeping with a common theme on this thread, I also practice martial arts. I've been involved with it for 11 years now. It's a lot of fun. In my spare time I enjoy reading books (in general I avoid fantasy and romance novels, although I've read some of that genre; they're just not my favorite) and I keep trying to write stories since I enjoy writing. Unfortunately I have found that if I want to work on writing something, I have to stop reading fiction, because I unconsciously pick up the "voice" of whomever I'm reading at the moment; it's completely unintentional and really annoying if I want to work on a story I'm writing. Because of that I haven't done a lot of writing because I love reading so much it's like torture to give it up. In addition to reading and writing I enjoy listening to music (especially Libera's) and playing video games as well as computer games. But reading is my main hobby.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Sooo, lets spread the activity on Libera Dreams again!! It was a bit boring on here for awhile. I don't think I have posted on this thread, so I think I will now :D When I am not listening to music, I enjoy reading anything I can get my hands on (with the exception of some books.... the things authors write about these days :roll: ) playing sports (ice hockey, lacrosse and swimming, at different times of the year!) hanging out with friends, and doing anything on the computer :wink: I also play piano, and I sing to myself (and my very annoyed family) but I don't do any "serious" singing. Maybe someday though, maybe someday... And of course, being a highschool student, I do loads and loads of schoolwork :lol:
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Do we have any Gamers here? If so what platforms do you use? :?: PS3 :?: XBOX360 :?: Wii :?: PC :?:
Dennis
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Not so much of a gamer now, but I used to play quite a fair bit of games.. Online games usually, like Pangya (golf game), MapleStory (RPG game).. I like playing The Sims 2 too!
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

if i ever get the time to play game i normally play my PS3 or WII, we have all platforms but i like the PS3 the most :D, computer games are ok but most of them make my eyes hurt
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Haha, last year around this time, I was working at GameStop and hating every second of it. I haven't played as much this year because I quit and lost my discount privileges, but I'm obsessed with Fallout 3 on the 360. I own a Wii and a DS and will play anything related to Mario, Sonic, Kingdom Hearts, the Tales series, or zombies. And, like a good Korean, I'm trying to learn Starcraft and Ragnarok Online.

xsakurax, my best friend plays MapleStory! I get mad at him because it cuts into his Ragnarok time, haha.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

xsakurax, my best friend plays MapleStory! I get mad at him because it cuts into his Ragnarok time, haha.
Haha, MapleStory is quite addictive I must say! But now I have since stopped playing online games. I still like playing crash bendicoot series and dynasty warriors on PS2 when I drop by my friend's place though. :D
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

I don't play too often but my favorite games would have to be Rainbow 6 Vegas, Vegas 2, and Gears of War 1 and 2. When I've got friends over we'll play CODMW2. As you can see I like first person shooters :D I also like playing some driving games namely the Need For Speed series. I've got all three main consoles. Wii sports resort and the Mario party seriesare a lot of fun with a buch of people over.
Dennis
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Okey, let's talk a little bit about games. I am not a gamer but I like some strategy games like Cossacs and Tycoon Zoo. Few years ago my favourite game was Worms. ...yeah... and sometimes I play playing-card games on-line ;) That's it :)
Last edited by Narnian on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I used to play some of the sci-fi shoot em up games on my computer but never got into online games. Too hard to do with dial-up.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

I really like drawing. Not always the greatest, but I still enjoy it. With all the drawings done in this forum, I might try drawing Libera. I also like playing video games. I have a Wii, PS3, PSP, and Nintendo DS. I am currently playing Super Mario Bros. Wii and Need For Speed Undercover. I enjoy doing lots of different things.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

O yeah, do you remember? Ha ha, I remember :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]