Fun stuff and hobbies

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

tcliffy
Gold Member

Fun stuff and hobbies

Post by tcliffy »

So, as a way to get to know everyone a little better, I thought it would be neat to find out what sort of things everybody does whenever they aren't at work and/or school.

I am a Martial Artist and have just been named a senior Instructor of a Christian Tae Kwon Do school. I love Tae Kwon Do and I love my students. I am also a book worm, though lately I haven't has any time to read anything apart from my Bible. I also love movies and recently one of my favorites is a movie starring Thomas Sangster and is called "Entrusted". So, that's pretty much all I do now. I used to be a member of Infusion Dance Company but have lately retired for various reasons. What about the rest of you?
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlAl

Post by AlAl »

Well, I am studying and working so not much time left for hobbies. I love traveling around the world and read historical books. I also have great knowledge of geography and play over 15 different sports, some of which pretty well. I am a musician as well, but never turned professional, so that is a hobby I guess.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Being that I am only 16, most of my time is spent on school and my social life. But I do spend a great amount of time online, either just surfing the web or designing Libera Dreams. I play drums and love to play football and baseball. so basically a regular teenage life :wink:
barlies04
Silver Member

my hobbies

Post by barlies04 »

hi guys
well when not working my hobbies include reading
almost most classifactions of books,ornathology,
surfing the net,listening to music attending my corps
as a salvationist.
and last but not least amateaur dramatics i busy
rehearsing for our next production on the 8th -10th
november frankenstein the panto
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

As I'm in my last year of Havo, a sort of high school I'm quite busy with it, but when I'm not busy with school I enjoy reading, playing games or playing sports. I'm an allright martial artist doing kickboxing and systema. I'm also trying to learn to play the guitar.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

my younger brother tried to learn to play the guitar and for a while I felt like ripping his head off. But he actually started to play a lot better and it didn't sound to bad. He's quit now though and I have no idea why.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

My dad and all of his brothers play guitar. 3 of my cousins play piano, 2 play flute, 2 play guitar, and I am the only drummer in the family. We could basically start our own band as 1 of my cousins sings as well :P
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

I didn't get the music genes of the family that's my brother. He plays Piano/keyboard, guitar and trumpet. I can only sing.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I can play the saxophone and piano. I also have a tenor voice, though I haven't really trained it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I used to sing great as a child, but yes, I did not train it or anything so I kinda lost it. I still sing but just not as well as before.

Does anybody here play sports?
AlAl

Post by AlAl »

I play a lot of sports mate. I play actively table tennis, I cycle (quite normal in Holland), I play football (soccer) and tennis. I enjoy snooker and bowling as well when I have time.
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

I play a lot of sports to. I do kickboxing, systema, boxing, fitness, running, swimming and of course cycling. I prefer pool over snooker but I can appreciate both of them and bowling is always fun.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thats great. I play football, baseball and basketball, but I really love baseball. I used to do swimming but I love interest in it. I love sports :)
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Well, I love many sports but I don't actually play that much. I'm too busy studying. I do participate in Tae Kwon Do, non-recreational swimming, ultimate frisbey, pool, a little bit of gymnastics, sprinting, soccer (football), and rugby.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

well, I do play a little guitar / keyboard and drum but I don't have the time and money to go further in that but I would love to. Once, my brother bought everything my other brother my sister and I wanted (don't know why, think he could not find a place in his life and thought that things we want and makes us happy would make his life complete and happy too)
But once, I collected enough money for a drum-set and my brother bought one for him, so you see, I never bought a drum then and never had the money later, but I was with the local drum-band. I would like to be in a band later and I sing very well too.
Another great hobby of me is American cars, especially the Corvette and Dodge Challenger but I drive 1 of the 4 dodge Stratus here in the Netherlands. Why not a Corvette? well, money :(
Also like movies , everything, especially K. Costner / M.Gibson / C. Eastwood