Milkshakes

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Milkshakes

Post by Anonymous »

Posted Friday, May 9, 2008 on Libera's official MySpace page.

Milkshakes

While we were in Buffalo we went to a restaurant near our hotel and, as noted on the previous visit, the milkshakes, though very thick and resembling something unmentionable, tasted delicious so a lot of us ordered one - not just to take the mickey but also to enjoy the extremely good taste. Twelve of us ordered these lovely milkshakes and we waited for about five minutes only to be informed that the waitress had dropped them, 12 beautiful milkshakes wasted!

So, after nicknaming that waitress something unheard of to mankind, we waited about three more minutes and out she came again with our heavenly milkshakes and tried to put the tray down - yes, you guessed it, milkshakes went flying and so did the waitress trying to catch them. Twenty-four beautiful milkshakes wasted, we were on a roll! To our dismay we were then told that they had run out of milk, Even though we did enjoy seeing the waitress do her acrobatics, some of us were not so happy missing out on our delightfully thick milkshakes.

We do hope the waitress hasn't killed herself as the waitress we nicknamed Dolly Parton told her off extremely enthusiastically. We lost 24 milkshakes but gained a fun night.

By Jonathan (aka JB)
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Oh my god! It's such a funny post! Gosh! I can't stop laughing! It's just too ridiculous that the waitress can drop all the milkshakes!
not just to take the mickey but also to enjoy the extremely good taste.

Eh? Mickey? As in Mickey mouse straw or something?
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

'taking the mickey' is a quintessentially English phrase. The global equivalent is probably unprintable :) but 'ribbing' and 'ridiculing' mean the same thing. Hope this helps
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Serious? Oh my god! Thanks! I didn't know that! Haha. :P
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Yep, in this instance it means 'not just to have a laugh'....
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, it's all in good taste. There's a difference between light hearted 'mickey' taking and venemous character assasination. Libera were definately in the former camp. Maybe the waitress was a mad closet Libera fan, and like us, had all thier CD's and followed them on the internet, and there they were, 12 of them turning up out of the blue, make her all wibbly wobbly and star struck.

She should have made three carrying trips of 4 milkshakes at a time though, or maybe even two trips of 6. To carry all 12 at once, especially after failing before, is a definate no-no.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

It's just ridiculously funny. Seriously. The waitress is probably too clumsy. And I can imagine the Libera boys waiting for their milkshakes, only to see the milkshakes being dropped and wasted. Gosh.
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

lol what a clutz... No pore gal, I bet she was soo imbarased! Ya know I was told along with 16 other boys in our group growing up and singging we were not to have any milk befor singing.Don't remember why but what ever. lol I still love the story.Thats one Im sure they will talk about for years to come.
ooooh! "Josh M."
krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

poor lady. she must have been tired that night.

anyhow, choir boys are supposed to be refraining from drinking cold milkshakes right? hmmm...
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

only if they're about to sing. Same with eating chocolate.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
krishna mie
Silver Member

Post by krishna mie »

tcliffy wrote:only if they're about to sing. Same with eating chocolate.
they practice everyday, right? o well, what is the joy of milkshake every once in a while :D
if you want to know about virtue, look for a virtuous man!!!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

yes, but while they're on tour, they're liable to have a day off every now and then.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;