The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yorkie & Lauren - Agree with your findings, there is definately another adult choir singing alongside Libera. I think they sing the 'chants' and the lower harmonies. Although Libera is the most active choir, exemplified by 'Benedictus Deus'. A track totally dedicated to them alone.

The best example of two choirs involved is the last song "Ascension/Gloria Patri (which is growing on me as probably my second favourite track behind 'Benedictus Deus'). This last song on the album uses both Libera's high harmonies (stunning as ever) and the chants of the adult choir. Again at just 1:47 in duration the only negative is it's far too short!

I would die to see a live stage production of this soundtrack after the movie is released. Something like Stefan did for his solo at the Lord of the Rings orchestral performed in Poland.
Did Stephan sing the boy solo of the official Lord of the Rings Symphony (composer Howard Shore) in Poland?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Colin wrote: Did Stephan sing the boy solo of the official Lord of the Rings Symphony (composer Howard Shore) in Poland?
Yes, it's on youtube somewhere (links on a thread on the board) you don't get too much of him though unfortunately.

HERE
Last edited by Yorkie on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Yorkie wrote:
Colin wrote: Did Stephan sing the boy solo of the official Lord of the Rings Symphony (composer Howard Shore) in Poland?
Yes, it's on youtube somewhere (links on a thread on the board) you don't get too much of him though unfortunately.
Great to have something in common then with Stephan. I did the boy solo in Antwerp 2004. The first time the Symphony came to Europe and conducted by Howard Shore himself!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Colin wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
Great to have something in common then with Stephan. I did the boy solo in Antwerp 2004. The first time the Symphony came to Europe and conducted by Howard Shore himself!
You little tiger! You kept that quite :lol:

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Colin wrote:Great to have something in common then with Stephan. I did the boy solo in Antwerp 2004. The first time the Symphony came to Europe and conducted by Howard Shore himself!
Blimey you kept that quiet. Do you know how many approx. were in the audience? You'll have an idea how nerve wracking it is for the young libera boys. Sometimes I don't know how they do it.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Colin wrote:Great to have something in common then with Stephan. I did the boy solo in Antwerp 2004. The first time the Symphony came to Europe and conducted by Howard Shore himself!
Blimey you kept that quiet. Do you know how many approx. were in the audience? You'll have an idea how nerve wracking it is for the young libera boys. Sometimes I don't know how they do it.
Well, it's a long time ago for and not long after that concert my voice broke. At first we had to record our voice on CD and that was sent to Shore in Canada, I think. Then me and 2 other boys had to audition live and then he decided that I got the solo. It was the best experience ever in my whole life, that's for sure.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Colin wrote:Well, it's a long time ago for and not long after that concert my voice broke. At first we had to record our voice on CD and that was sent to Shore in Canada, I think. Then me and 2 other boys had to audition live and then he decided that I got the solo. It was the best experience ever in my whole life, that's for sure.
Yep, not something you would easily forget in a hurry ;) Nice story.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Another review here http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=1266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and.... by a member called christopher on this forum
The use of the boys choir is fantastic. Their shining moment comes in “Benedictus Deus,” an obviously religious piece with Latin lyrics. The choir sounds phenomenal, as does the glorious orchestral accompaniment. The piece is so beautiful it makes me want to cry.
I think he's caught the Libera bug.lol

The only thing he's not quite so keen on is the actual animated film.

Just reading through that thread too, it appears Mark McKenzie and his symphony orchestra conducted a performance at Crystal Cathedral, California exactly a year after Libera went there. Maybe that's the connection between how he and Robert Prizeman came by each other.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, it's a long time ago for and not long after that concert my voice broke. At first we had to record our voice on CD and that was sent to Shore in Canada, I think. Then me and 2 other boys had to audition live and then he decided that I got the solo. It was the best experience ever in my whole life, that's for sure.
What did you sing? Breaking of the Fellowship?

Mercy & Love
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Colin wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:
:shock:

Wow. That's an amazing story! Thanks for sharing it with us :)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Yorkie wrote:

I sung 'the bridge of Khazad-dum', the part when the Balrog takes Gandalf with him and the end of the first part of the symphony which indeed was 'the breaking of the fellowship'.

@Jimmy in the Sportpaleis Antwerp there was about 9000 people.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Colin wrote:@Jimmy in the Sportpaleis Antwerp there was about 9000 people.
:shock: singing solo infront of that many people. Not something I could have done at that age. Even had I the talent. My mouth would have opened, but nothing would come out lol Congrats to you. Is there any audio recording of your special moment?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Colin wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

I sung 'the bridge of Khazad-dum', the part when the Balrog takes Gandalf with him and the end of the first part of the symphony which indeed was 'the breaking of the fellowship'.

Wow, Colin :o You are amazing!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Colin wrote:

Was that " In Dreams" , i have that on my iphone :) by an Edward Ross who sang it origanally on the soundtrack.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:

HERE
Thanks Yorkie.

Being fairly new to LD i missed that thread. Stefan is very very talented indeed.

His voice on this soundtrack is epic.

[youtube][/youtube]
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato