The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks FDL for the updated news.

I can't quite marry the soundtrack and Libera's musical parts with the images shown, but who knows it might become clearer once the full movie and it's english translation comes along.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Muchas gracias, FDL. :) It's indeed a non-Hollywood production and the feel of the animation is that of an in-game movie. But the soundtrack is really good so looking forward to the subtitled movie. Hope the story is as good as the soundtrack.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Wow, great find, Fan de LoK! Thank you for keeping up with everything! Libera has been so busy!

Lauren
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

phlibera wrote:Muchas gracias, FDL. :) It's indeed a non-Hollywood production and the feel of the animation is that of an in-game movie. But the soundtrack is really good so looking forward to the subtitled movie. Hope the story is as good as the soundtrack.
Gee, you're right. Maybe they made it using The Sims 3.
libera36

Re: The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Liber

Post by libera36 »

I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but the soundtrack for The Great Miracle is now on iTunes! Or at least it is in the U.S., I cannot speak for whether or not it is available internationally or not.
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

libera36 wrote:I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but the soundtrack for The Great Miracle is now on iTunes! Or at least it is in the U.S., I cannot speak for whether or not it is available internationally or not.
I downloaded it a few weeks ago already
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Mark Mckenzie has been interviewed about 'The Great Miracle' or has he has now renamed it 'The Greatest Miracle'

See here

He spoke highly of Libera and it appears they were high on his 'wanted' list for that pure boy choral sound.
We all got especially excited about using the London boys choir ‘Libera’ which came to our attention in multiple ways. Pablo had their CD and I had recently met Libera’s music director Robert Prizeman at a concert in Southern California. We all felt Libera’s pure, angelic sound would add tremendous beauty to the movie. We ended up using their song ‘Far and Away’ as the Main title (check it out on You Tube). In addition, we used the Libera boys choir in three of the most important musical moments in the film: ‘The Benedictus’, ‘Offerings’ and ‘Ascension’. Robert Prizeman did a fantastic job conducting these boys even though they all had to trudge through the worst blizzard of the winter to get to the London recording studio. These boy sopranos and altos are just ordinary kids who love to goof around but when they open their mouths to sing…wow, hearts begin to soar!
John Mansell: Would adapting the score for concert performance be something that you would consider at all?
Mark McKenzie: Absolutely, I think this would be great fun to perform live with a choir and orchestra in a concert setting; maybe in Spain or here in Los Angeles? I will be submitting it for a Grammy and Academy consideration.
Sincerely hoping 'London' could be a concert venue too, that way there's a better chance of Libera being invited to sing with them. Staying faithful to the original contributors for the soundtrack. :)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Good one. Thanks Jimmy ! :D

Libera and McKenzie sounds fantastic together! They could do more recordings with great success.
We'll see (or hear).
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Who could possibly take their place?
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Mark McKenzie: I will be submitting it for a Grammy and Academy consideration.
Hope "Far Away" gets shortlisted for Best Song category at the Oscars. It's about time that a really deserving song gets nominated in that category.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

phlibera wrote:
Mark McKenzie: I will be submitting it for a Grammy and Academy consideration.
Hope "Far Away" gets shortlisted for Best Song category at the Oscars. It's about time that a really deserving song gets nominated in that category.
That would be so cool! :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

According to Mark Mckenzie's facebook page;
The European premiere of "The Greatest Miracle Suite" will be performed August 17th, 2011 in Madrid, Spain at 8:30 PM on Calle Luchana featuring the 80 piece Filharmonia and 100 voice choir, conducted by Roque Baños. The 12 minute suite from "The Great Miracle" will be performed before 10,000 people in a celebration of Jornada Mundial de la Juventud, coinciding with the visit of Pope Benedict XVI
It's part of celebrations for World Youth Day which is being held in Madrid this year from 16-21 August and invovles a Papal visit.

I don't think Libera are going to be involved in this premiere (well they can't be everywhere at once can they?) but if 'The Greatest Miracle Suite' ever does make it to London..... ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

In addition of the live performances of the soundtrack, this article informes us that the movie "The Greatest Miracle" was selected to be featured at World Youth Day :)

The producer Pablo José Barroso have presented the movie to 400 international visitors, then the movie have been fully screened in 3D at the FuenCarral Street Screen, this afternoon at 15:30. :)

Let's hope a large part of the spectators of the movie will want to re-hear the magnificient "Benedictus" and will discover Libera :)

The article also said the movie will be released in octobre in the USA, but I don't know it this means release in theater, or released in DVD...
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

I wonder if my sister watched it
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Thank you, Fan de LoK! I had been wondering about the performance today. Interesting that the movie was also screened. I also had it written down that the movie would be in limited release in October in the US, Mexico and wasn't it Europe also? Can't remember where I read that.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;