The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

fan_de_LoK wrote: (weird laws :roll:)
:lol:
Actually they (Amazon) play against themselves by doing so and lost some clients for the album :roll:
P.s. I could have tried Amazon.co.uk, but it's easier to follow your links :D
dani wrote:I really like Offerings as well. I am assuming its not Libera doing the Latin chant as seems to grown up for there voices?
Yes, impressive! It sounds well with orchestra!
Latin chant doesn't sound like them, but the 'Ah' part at 2.10-2.12 is quite high

And 'The clean soul' is also fantastic 8) Especially the part 0.08-0.50 ...
Last edited by Murkskis on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Liber

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:FDL - You can include this in the compilations thread you've kindly setup and manitained but with it being new material.
Thanks Jimmy but as you said yourself this is new material, not an original Libera track used in a compilation from various artists, this don't fit with the "compilation" purpose of my thread ;)

Someone should think of starting a Soundtracks featuring Libera devoted thread, it now begin to be numerous ! :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Here the lyrics :)

Benedictus Deus
Benedictum Nomen Sanctum eius
Benedictus Iesus Christus,

Verus Deus et verus homo,
Nomen Sanctum eius

Benedictus Deus
Benedictus Deus
Benedictum Nomen Iesus
Benedictus Sanctus Christus,
Benedictus Christus,

Benedictum Nomen Sanctum
Benedictus Iesus Christus
Benedictum Cor eius sacratissimum

Ave Maria, Ave
I hope I have not made mistakes ;)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Here the lyrics :)
Nice :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Does anyone know anything about the movie this work is supposedly taken from? I couldn't find anything about it on IMDB.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I love Benedictus Deus, I woke up with it in my head this morning :)
fan_de_LoK wrote:Here the lyrics :)

Benedictus Deus
Benedictum Nomen Sanctum eius
Benedictus Iesus Christus,

Verus Deus et verus homo,
Nomen Sanctum eius

Benedictus Deus
Benedictus Deus
Benedictum Nomen Iesus
Benedictus Sanctus Christus,
Benedictus Christus,

Benedictum Nomen Sanctum
Benedictus Iesus Christus
Benedictum Cor eius sacratissimum

Ave Maria, Ave
I hope I have not made mistakes ;)
I hear something else at the Ave Maria part. Sort of sounds like Ah - Ave [something something] de Maria, Ave...
The unknown part could be an adjective for Maria (like dulcissima or something like that) or it could be a different word for Jesus - who is "de Maria" - "from Mary". If that makes any sense.. :) Although I don't think I have ever seen Ave used as a greeting for anyone else than Mary.

I'm curious - are they or are they not on the track 'Ultimate Love'? ('ooh' parts from 2:46 to 3:09 and 3:18 to 4:33) What do you think?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I don't know how you do it Jimmy, but I take my imaginary hat off to you! :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:I really like Offerings as well. I am assuming its not Libera doing the Latin chant as seems to grown up for there voices?

Not sure dani. I wasn't 100% certain it was them for the same reason but neither are there any other parts with 'definitaly' adult voices - if I'm honest it sounded a bit like women to me at first listen which is why I didn't initially mention it, but I also think it is heavily 'tweaked' by electronic wizadry. After a few listens through I think it could be the older boy's with alto voices.

The next track 'Ask for what you want' also has some more adult sounding voices, but again it could be boys singing at the lower end of their vocal range. I guess the question is would they pay for two choirs to have very small parts in the recording or would they make use of the Libera boys to the fullest extent (maybe even utilising some of the past members from the St P's choir)?

I think it could be Libera on that track but just not how we have ever heard them before. Not sure though.

~edit~ looking back at the links Jimmy first posted it does say it was written for orchestra, full choir and boy soprano soloists so I guess wishing it was Libera and it actually being Libera are not the same things.
Last edited by Yorkie on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Yorkie wrote:
Not sure dani. I wasn't 100% certain it was them for the same reason but neither are then are any other parts with adult voices - if I'm honest it sounded a bit like adult women to me at first which is why I didn't initially mention it, but I also think it is heavily 'tweaked' by electronic wizadry. After a few listens through I think it could be the older boy's with alto voices.

The next track 'Ask for what you want' also has some more adult sounding voices. I guess the question is would they pay for two choirs to have very small parts in the recording or would they make use of the Libera boys to the fullest extent (maybe even utilising some of the past members from the St P's choir)?

I think it could be Libera on that track but just not how we have ever heard them before. Not sure though.
Hi! First, thank you to Jimmy Riddle who, as usual, amazes us all.

In one of the reviews that Jimmy posted, Jonathan Broxton says that besides "Benedictus Deus," Libera sings in "Offerings", "I Miss You" and "Ultimate Love." His review is at http://moviemusicuk.us/2011/03/26/the-g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -mckenzie/ There may also be adult choir voices in there with them though.

Lauren
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Lexi wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
Not sure dani. I wasn't 100% certain it was them for the same reason but neither are then are any other parts with adult voices - if I'm honest it sounded a bit like adult women to me at first which is why I didn't initially mention it, but I also think it is heavily 'tweaked' by electronic wizadry. After a few listens through I think it could be the older boy's with alto voices.

The next track 'Ask for what you want' also has some more adult sounding voices. I guess the question is would they pay for two choirs to have very small parts in the recording or would they make use of the Libera boys to the fullest extent (maybe even utilising some of the past members from the St P's choir)?

Hi! First, thank you to Jimmy Riddle who, as usual, amazes us all.

In one of the reviews that Jimmy posted, Jonathan Broxton says that besides "Benedictus Deus," Libera sings in "Offerings", "I Miss You" and "Ultimate Love." His review is at http://moviemusicuk.us/2011/03/26/the-g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -mckenzie/ There may also be adult choir voices in there with them though.

Lauren
I think we crossed over Lauren, I was just editing my post when I read yours. They are on 'Offerings' but not doing the chant part.

Although.........now I read it again it says Benedictus Deus goes from solo to duet to full choir and clearly the full choir on that song is Libera

"The London Libera Boy’s Choir conducted by Robert Prizeman enters the fray in the astonishing “Benedictus Deus”, which grows from a solo boy soprano to a duet to the full choir and orchestra over the course of a mere 97 stunning seconds."

Then on offerings:

Later, their angelic cooing gives the triumphant and turbulent “Offerings” and the first half of the bold and vivid “I Miss You” a sense of majesty and grandeur, while their more emotionally charged and tragic vocal performances during “Ultimate Love” provides one of the score’s darkest moments of poignancy.

In the article it says "A Catholic-themed animated film directed by former Disney storyboard artist Bruce Morris and produced in Mexico, The Great Miracle [El Gran Milagro] has a soaring, spiritually powerful score written for a full orchestra, full choir and boy soprano soloists. " but the only full choir mentioned is Libera in Benedictus Deus - no other choir is credited.

Mercy & Love
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Ah, sorry about that. Guess I'm just a faster typist. :wink:

Benedictus Deus is a really beautiful song. We love the whole album! What a wonderful find!

Lauren
Last edited by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Lexi wrote:Ah, sorry about that. Guess I'm just a faster typist. :wink:

Benedictus Deus is a really beautiful song. We love the whole album! What a wonderful find!

Lauren
Agreed on all counts:D and 'Ultimate Love' has a a mix of low ooohhs and high ooohhs. Perhaps, may be, could it b e that it is just Libera doing the vocals? If it is then the chant part of 'offerings' is wow :shock:

and I only type with one finger so nearly everybody is faster than me.

Mercy & Love
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Yorkie wrote:

Lauren
Agreed on all counts:D and 'Ultimate Love' has a a mix of low ooohhs and high ooohhs. Perhaps, may be, could it b e that it is just Libera doing the vocals? If it is then the chant part of 'offerings' is wow :shock:

Ha! Well, you beat me that time! :lol:

We know there is another choir, just not sure what songs they are on. On Mark McKenzie's website it says "large symphony orchestra, choir and boys choir." http://www.markmckenzie.org/mm_notes.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also on the tradebit site it distinguishes between the Symphonic and Choral Music Conductor Gordon Johnson and the Libera Boys Choir Conductor Robert Prizeman. I don't know who the adult choir is though. Bet Jimmy or Fan de LoK could find out. :D

Lauren
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Lexi wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

Lauren

Ha! Well, you beat me that time! :lol:

We know there is another choir, just not sure what songs they are on. On Mark McKenzie's website it says "large symphony orchestra, choir and boys choir." http://www.markmckenzie.org/mm_notes.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also on the tradebit site it distinguishes between the Symphonic and Choral Music Conductor Gordon Johnson and the Libera Boys Choir Conductor Robert Prizeman. I don't know who the adult choir is though. Bet Jimmy or Fan de LoK could find out. :D

Lauren
Oh well, it makes sense in truth, whilst I would love it to be only Libera it was a stretch to make them fit all the parts. Still, really nice sound track with credit due to all involved.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie & Lauren - Agree with your findings, there is definately another adult choir singing alongside Libera. I think they sing the 'chants' and the lower harmonies. Although Libera is the most active choir, exemplified by 'Benedictus Deus'. A track totally dedicated to them alone.

The best example of two choirs involved is the last song "Ascension/Gloria Patri (which is growing on me as probably my second favourite track behind 'Benedictus Deus'). This last song on the album uses both Libera's high harmonies (stunning as ever) and the chants of the adult choir. Again at just 1:47 in duration the only negative is it's far too short!

I would die to see a live stage production of this soundtrack after the movie is released. Something like Stefan did for his solo at the Lord of the Rings orchestral performed in Poland.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez