The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
Not quite at the end but don't think so. Offerings is interesting but is Libera trademark harmonies against the instrumentation. They do some ooohhhhs and ahhhhs on other tracks but probably not enough for you to buy to just hear Libera.

On the last track now.
Thanks for the update :)

And thats what i thought it may be like so il keep to downloading just the one track :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

If you like film soundtracks then I recommend it but don't buy just for libera. Offerings would be the only other track that I would push you towards they do sing a bit on that. Reminds me a bit of the Lord of the Rings on that one track.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:If you like film soundtracks then I recommend it but don't buy just for libera. Offerings would be the only other track that I would push you towards they do sing a bit on that. Reminds me a bit of the Lord of the Rings on that one track.
Thanks. Il probs download that as its not even £1 :)

I love the Lord of the Rings soundtracks. A few amazing solos by Ben Del Maestro
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:If you like film soundtracks then I recommend it but don't buy just for libera. Offerings would be the only other track that I would push you towards they do sing a bit on that. Reminds me a bit of the Lord of the Rings on that one track.
Yes, just finished listening to the whole album. I quite enjoyed it, but then I'm a big classical/orchestral fan too. Although I admit if Libera hadn't been involved with this soundtrack I may have never discovered it. There's a thought.

If your just purely a Libera fan then 'Benedictus Deus' is a mandatory requirement, 'offerings' also worth a shot. They also do some 'oooohs' on 'Ask for What You Want' but it's a brief contribution.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Re: The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Liber

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote: So Libera are heavily involved in choral support for this album, their main part is track 5 Benedictus Deus as described above, but they seem to pop up in quite a few of the tracks.

I think I'll be downloading the whole album from http://www.amazon.com/Great-Miracle-El-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... B004PU8AU8

:)

Here's a YouTube upload of (I think) the beginning of the album and you can hear the Libera boys at 10:50

[youtube][/youtube]

I thought it was worthy of a thread on it's own for now. :)

No rest for the Libera boys, they are in such demand!
Just listened to the whole YT clip and and also the short part of Benedictus Deus. This is a blast! Just wow 8) I really enjoyed it all and even got chill at about 10.50 8)

What a find Jimmy, thanks a lot! Of course it's worth it's own thread- already 3 pages (so far) in one evening :o

Downloading the whole album right now!
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote:
Yorkie wrote:A beautiful soundtrack it has to be said. Benedictus Deus was all you guys promised - do not hesitate to download everybody.

Stefan and Ralph knock it out of the ball park. Really liked Offerings too.
Are there anymore solos for any of the boys apart from Benedictus?
Not quite at the end but don't think so. Offerings is interesting but is Libera trademark harmonies against the instrumentation. They do some ooohhhhs and ahhhhs on other tracks but probably not enough for you to buy to just hear Libera.

On the last track now.

#edit# no, Benedictus Deus is the only one. correction: they do sing {I think it is they} on Offerings, but not distinctive, it is a chant above rather powerful instrumentation - starts off with a rising crescendo of ohh's and then gets in to some Latin chant.

It's also worth a punt for £0.69 - not the end of the world if you don't like it.

Thanks Yorkie for making my purchase decision a lot easier! I think I'll go ahead and download Benedictus Deus :D
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Yes, just finished listening to the whole album. I quite enjoyed it, but then I'm a big classical/orchestral fan too. Although I admit if Libera hadn't been involved with this soundtrack I may have never discovered it. There's a thought.

If your just purely a Libera fan then 'Benedictus Deus' is a mandatory requirement, 'offerings' also worth a shot. They also do some 'oooohs' on 'Ask for What You Want' but it's a brief contribution.
Yep i am getting the songs as a Libera fan :) . So i would want strictly related Libera offerings so thanks for telling me the songs to listen to :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Amazon just told me:
'' We are sorry...

* We could not process your order. The sale of MP3 Downloads is currently available only to US customers located in the United States. ''

Hey, how you can get rid of this ??? :?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Murkskis wrote:Downloading the whole album right now!
Good on you, you won't regret it ;)
dani wrote:Yep i am getting the songs as a Libera fan :) . So i would want strictly related Libera offerings so thanks for telling me the songs to listen to :D
No worries.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Murkskis wrote:Amazon just told me:
'' We are sorry...

* We could not process your order. The sale of MP3 Downloads is currently available only to US customers located in the United States. ''

Hi Murkskis

I had that problem too with Amazon US so I downloaded from the link FDL provided. It's all legit.

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... k-mckenzie
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Murkskis wrote:Amazon just told me:
'' We are sorry...

Hi Murkskis

I had that problem too with Amazon US so I downloaded from the link FDL provided. It's all legit.

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... k-mckenzie
Thanks, switching to the site :D

Edit: Got it! Listening now ...
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

and in my case I used Amazon.fr to bypass the .com blocking! :lol:

(weird laws :roll:)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I hope some random site also gets Song of Life so i can download it.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

fan_de_LoK wrote:and in my case I used Amazon.fr to bypass the .com blocking! :lol:

(weird laws :roll:)
Yes very strange, I used amazon.co.uk
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I really like Offerings as well. I am assuming its not Libera doing the Latin chant as seems to grown up for there voices?