Epsom reports

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Silver Member

Epsom reports

Post by Sue »

Hi guys,
I decided to do this as a new thread cause the other Epsom-thread floating to fast & meanwhile there are to much informations in that has nothing to do with the organising of the trip.

Well, there will be more than 10 german Libera fans & about 4 german-speaking fans from Switzerland at Epsom.
Nearly 4 of us spend the night at Premier Inn Epsom Central hotel.
All of us germans come from different federal states of Germany. So we meet with 10 or 11 Fans at a Pub in Epsom on friday.

For some of us the journey is very expensive cause its so far away. But as you now, Libera never perform in Germany so far :(

I read somewhere that the Libera fans from Libera Dreams Forum meet on friday, too. In the restaurant of Epsom Playhouse? And what time?
Last edited by Sue on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hey Sue! Hope you guys all have a great time! I'll be in the Premier Inn for a night as well! We will be trying to meet up before the concert, around 7PM in the plahouse restaurant. I think someone suggested bring something, like a piece of paper, that says 'Libera Dreams' on it, just so anyone looking for us can find the group easily! I hope you have a great travel up to Epsom, and I hope that we will all find each other! I fly up tomorrow, and I'm super excited! :D Can't wait for the concert!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Morning Sue,

No firm plans yet but I shall be in Epsom a long time before 7pm - quite a lot of the fun is meeting up with fellow fans and although there will be no need to queue for 5 hours this time (also part of the fun) it will be a pleasure to be able to meet up for a more relaxed chat and to break bread.

The bar & bistro restaurant at the playhouse was mentioned as a potential place to meet up but it doesn't open until 6pm so a pub in Epsom may be a good alternative. Did you have a particular pub in mind?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote:Morning Sue,

No firm plans yet but I shall be in Epsom a long time before 7pm - quite a lot of the fun is meeting up with fellow fans and although there will be no need to queue for 5 hours this time (also part of the fun) it will be a pleasure to be able to meet up for a more relaxed chat and to break bread.

The bar & bistro restaurant at the playhouse was mentioned as a potential place to meet up but it doesn't open until 6pm so a pub in Epsom may be a good alternative. Did you have a particular pub in mind?
I also think that meeting up is a fun part !
Too bad they are closed until 6pm ! :shock: Maybe we could ask them to change their mind? :wink:
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Morning Sue,

I second that!

A pub sounds good, and they wont be charging extortionate prices like the bar bistro at the playhouse.

Maybe back to the pub again after the concert, well those that are staying at premier at least, and I know there is a few of us.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Looking at Google maps there seem to be three pubs that might fit the bill:

The first is possibly furthest away, but isn't too far from the Premier Inn that many people are staying at:

The White Horse on Dorking road
The White Horse

The next option isn't far from the station, The Marquis of Granby.
The Marquis of Granby

Finally, if you want cheap drinks and cheap (but decidedly average food even by British standards) then there is a Wetherspoon's quite close to the Playhouse - The assembly rooms
the Assembly rooms

The Wetherspoon's chain is not renowned for it's discerning clientèle, but that might be just up in the North where I live and it is more a bar than traditional British pub.

Google Map

Mercy & Love
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Yorkie wrote:Did you have a particular pub in mind?
Yes, we choosed The Rising Sun, in 14 Heathcote Road, Epsom. It's only 7 minutes by feet from Playhouse & open 11 am - 12 mn
Here's it's website
http://www.therisingsunepsom.com/

Those of us who are earlier in Epsom can go to lunch & meet there.

Image Image
Last edited by Sue on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sue wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Did you have a particular pub in mind?
Yes, we choosed The Rising Sun, in 14 Heathcote Road, Epsom. It's only 7 minutes by feet from Playhouse & open 11 am - 12 mn
Here's it's website
http://www.therisingsunepsom.com/

Those of us who are earlier in Epsom can go to lunch & meet there.
That looks a good one Sue - seems that you can't trust Google Maps to find a decent pub!

I think your suggestion of The Rising Sun is the one we should go for - the food looks good (but not cheap!) and it has a decent range of beers + it looks like a traditional British pub and that's part of the charm of travelling to the UK :D

Mercy & Love
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Ok, so let's vote:

Who's coming to The Rising Sun?

At what clock on friday, march the 18th?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

+1 for The Rising Sun & what time does it open :lol:

Mercy & Love
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

I'm up for it if they allow my sister and I in.. not sure how pubs work there, but most here won't let kids in.. if not, I can just wait for ya'll at the playhouse :)

Leaving the house in less that 6 hours.. :D
(for anyone interested, I'll be keeping up a photo blog thing here: http://travels-to-see-libera.blogspot.com/ on my trip and such, oh and it is mainly for y friends in real life who begged me to make it, but I figured I'd share it here as well)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Rebecca (: wrote:I'm up for it if they allow my sister and I in.. not sure how pubs work there, but most here won't let kids in.. if not, I can just wait for ya'll at the playhouse :)
Most are pretty relaxed if they serve food at least up to 6pm. Don't forget it is legal for 5 year olds to drink alcohol at home over here :shock: so we are bit less 'anal' than you Yanks about our booze culture.

Just wait until you see all those 5 year olds throwing up in the gutter at closing time :lol:

#edit# just to be clear, you can't drink alcohol in the pub but you can go in (if the pub allow you) as long as you a.re supervised by an adult

Mercy & Love
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Yorkie wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:I'm up for it if they allow my sister and I in.. not sure how pubs work there, but most here won't let kids in.. if not, I can just wait for ya'll at the playhouse :)
Most are pretty relaxed if they serve food at least up to 6pm. Don't forget it is legal for 5 year olds to drink alcohol at home over here :shock: so we are bit less 'anal' than you Yanks about our booze culture.

Just wait until you see all those 5 year olds throwing up in the gutter at closing time :lol:

#edit# just to be clear, you can't drink alcohol in the pub but you can go in (if the pub allow you) as long as you a.re supervised by an adult
Okay, thanks! Hopefully they'll allow me.. haha.. and don't worry, I won't be drinkin' ;D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:+1 for The Rising Sun & what time does it open :lol:
Well i'm happy to go where the beers cold ;) so count me in as well.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Good work Sue! I'll come to The Rising Sun as well.

Leaving in 3 days... excited! :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above