The DVD

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

AlAl

The DVD

Post by AlAl »

Well I guess most of you already have the DVD and I would like to know what do you think. Especially those who were not in Leiden. To me it is a good memory of the event and goes into my Libera memorabilia collection. To be honest I hate Leiden with its small streets and strange city center, but well I will go there again just to recall the two amazing days I had there with Libera.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think it is simply perfect. Due to location problems as well as money problems, I am not able to travel to London or the Far East to watch them live, this makes up for it perfectly.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I finally got the DVD and it is everything I had hoped - except that it would have been nice if it had been made last year when Michael Horncastle's voice was at its best.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes, it would have been great to have Michael sing his solos, unfortunately life has moved on and Michael is now growing up and changing. Tom does a great job at it though, as usual.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

yeah, he does. I'll really miss Michael's solos but Tom and the rest make up for it. They have also added a new twist to some of the songs (such as Sanctus) that make it sound newer and nicer, though I still love the older versions.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

So you all have the dvd ?
I have to wait when it comes in the stores because I can't buy from Amazon
(no creditcard) :cry:
And that while it's been recorded here in the Netherlands. Well , I wait and enjoy later.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Actually, it turns out I don't have the money to buy the dvd yet, however, I did buy the cd so I can still hear all the music. Sorrowfully, I too must wait to get the dvd. :cry:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Libera Dreams will be opening a store in the very near future where you can buy both the CD and DVD as well as other Libera titles at low costs and we may decide to ship to international residences but it has not been confirmed as of yet. Proceeds from sales will be donated to St. Philips so that makes it better. Stay with Libera Dreams for more information on that. You can view a preview of the DVD by visiting this url as well as listen to a preview of the CD and view images.
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

That would be great 'cause there are few shops in the netherlands that sell Libera cd's or the dvd and I can't buy it from amazon as I don't have a creditcard.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

There's only 1 store I know of in the U.S. (atleast around here in Florida) that sells Libera cd's and that's Borders and they only sell the "Angel Voices" album. I had to use Amazon to get my cd's.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Some time ago I received a mail from Libera themselves,
they told that they didn't have the cd or dvd either, it's very odd, feel sorry for them. But there must be someone who has order it for them I think.
AlAl

Post by AlAl »

I find this very peculiar, however since its done by people somehow outside of the original Libera management I guess its possible. The DVD will be released in Europe soon enough I hope! This concentration on the American market is nice move, but Libera has its strong fan basis here in Europe and they should constantly address the European audience as well.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The DVD and CD were produced in association with IdTV which has no affiliation with Libera or their management. I, too, find this peculiar as Libera themselves do not have their own copies as of yet. Seeing as they were the ones in it, they should have been the first to get a copy. But the move of the release in America first was quite slick, it had generated a larger fanbase here but yes, they should focus their attention to their highest fanbase area, like Europe or Eastern Asia. Releases in those regions have not as of yet been specified but I'm pretty sure its soon.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I love the interview "Libera in their own words". It gives us a chance to know the choristers a lot better (and it's funny). I can't wait till they come to the U.S.
AlAl

Post by AlAl »

I know what you mean. I felt that way before the first concert I went to. At the concerts you can get to know them better and Robert as well...I hope you will have that chance because when they do not organize the event themselves there isn't more than an autograph session. Example is Arundel, where after the concert there were at least 40 people waiting to talk to them or take pictures while in Leiden they were completely controlled and there were no picture sessions or anything. I like the family type concerts more and I hope Libera will not turn too commercial.