US Tour Dates - Summer 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Lexi wrote:Nashville also has Libera singing in its 3 morning church services!
They will be busy that day! Although from a selfish point of view, I kind of wish it was with another ministry, because I can't see anywhere on their website were they make their services available to download and listen too. Dallas, Forth Worth and Atlanta all have their services in webcast or download links. Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church would have been better, because they video stream it LIVE!
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Lexi wrote:More info at my blog on each U.S. concert.

A few items of note:

1. St. Louis has general seating within the 3 ticket price areas.

2. Nashville also has Libera singing in its 3 morning church services!

3. Atlanta tickets don't go on sale online until Thursday, July 15.
Thanks for all of your research Lexi!
You got all of the questions I had in my mind answered before I had the chance to ask them! :)
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

Irishero- check your private messages! Sorry everyone off topic but I wasn't sure of there was a notification system for private messages
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

heeh91 wrote:Irishero- check your private messages! Sorry everyone off topic but I wasn't sure of there was a notification system for private messages

answered back! and i hadnt checked my email yet, i get email notifs of private messages...there really should be a pm message indicator...too bad i have no knowledge of designing one myself :/
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

DALLAS AND FORT WORTH CONCERTS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED!

I just happened to check each of the church websites just now. The Dallas church's website has removed the Libera poster from its main page. Under "Worship & Music - Music Ministry - Concerts at PHPC" it says "Rescheduling" for the date.

The Fort Worth church's website says "Concert postponed" with the date on the poster crossed out and "Please check back for more details in the coming days."

St. Louis, Nashville and Atlanta appear to be unchanged.

Clearly something has happened on Libera's end. It may be a problem with a flight from London. I ALMOST bought plane tickets from Chicago to Dallas last night! Soooo glad that I didn't. But VERY concerned for people who DID. :(

Will try to call the churches in the morning.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Oh that's bad news to those who bought plane tickets already. They'll have to rebook if ever. I wonder what happened... :(
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Lexi wrote:DALLAS AND FORT WORTH CONCERTS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED!
Thank you Lexi for this information. It's really hard to see this!
:(
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

yikes!!! that is not okay, i had almost booked a NONREFUNDABLE airline, hotel, and car package!

that would have been 900$ down the drain....
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Probably will be something to do with their travel arrangements. Hopefully they might just add the dates onto the end of their tour and shift it back a few days. It's a pain for people who have already made arrangements but hopefully they will be able to change them without too much expense.

I was presuming that spell of 'official' non-libera activity between 30th-4th august was going to be their choir holiday. Maybe they will bring that forward before performing all of their concerts.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

have to wait hope a new date
http://arborlawnumc.org/pages/postponed_libera_poster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Uncertainty is quite stable :wink:
Some of you could try to find a place to stay if you ask your friends or try contact such volunteers (who can provide a place to stay for free and often flexible time as well) like at:
http://www.couchsurfing.org/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It could be better than risk to book a hotel at the given circumstances.
A car would be a smaller risk than plane, because it is complicated to reschedule booked flights.

I see the journeys as a good way to meet new people, make friends, visit new places, get out of everyday life and a concert experience is very rewarding (at least it was for me). And what is life without a little risk? :wink:

Just Go !

P.s. How do you think- should we make some posts outside this forum (on Youtube, FB tec) to inform others about the changes? Or wait while Libera do it themselves?
Plane tickets ARE expensive and quite often nonrefundable...
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

I just posted on their blog since their blog is where they first announced their tour dates. I asked if everything is OK, hope no one is ill, was it a problem with their flights. Am hoping they will announce something soon.

Hopefully each concert will be postponed for just 1 day or so. That way people who booked flights to Dallas MAY have planned on staying more than 1 night and will still get to see Libera. Usually hotel and car rentals are changeable/refundable if booked directly with the company. However, most people book nonrefundable airline tickets because they are so much cheaper.
music4

Post by music4 »

I feel sorry for all those fans who booked airline tickets as most airline will not refund the tickets! Hopefully the word gets out to inform Libera fans about the changes to the Dalles and Fort Worth concerts before they book their tickets.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Fiona Pears will have to update her dairy too, when the rescheduled dates have been announced, but it's good to see her back on board after missing their last few concerts..

http://www.fionapears.com/gigs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

From arborlawnumc facebook: http://www.facebook.com/arborlawnumc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BREAKING: Libera in concert at Arborlawn on Monday, Aug. 2, 7:30 p.m. More details soon on http://arborlawnumc.org/libera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good news that it wasn't cancelled, and instead brought forward a few days. No news yet on what was to be their first 'gig' at PHPC in Dallas.