What will the new album be called

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

In some respect there will always be some kind of changing of the guard with ever new CD - but yes, this one will be quite a major one.

Peace is okay, but I would have preferred something latin, or mysterious.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

dani wrote:
plumpuff6 wrote:
dani wrote:Got to say the name does not really excite me , happy to know albums name but New Dawn as a title excited me a lot more.
Also, regarding the "changing of the guard" that is inevitably going to happen on this upcoming album, 'New Dawn' seems a most appropriate title. Too bad it is already taken!
I actually thought this as well as mini ben is the only boy left from with a treble voice from New Dawn , the other 8 have left or gone to the back row so it is a " New Dawn" for the choir and they have big boots to fill.
Ed hasn't left yet though, or moved to the back row. He was present at the Christmas Carol Service and accompanied Mini-Ben on the solo of "The Angel Gabriel", which was sung only by the trebles.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

libera36 wrote:
dani wrote:
plumpuff6 wrote:
Also, regarding the "changing of the guard" that is inevitably going to happen on this upcoming album, 'New Dawn' seems a most appropriate title. Too bad it is already taken!
I actually thought this as well as mini ben is the only boy left from with a treble voice from New Dawn , the other 8 have left or gone to the back row so it is a " New Dawn" for the choir and they have big boots to fill.
Ed hasn't left yet though, or moved to the back row. He was present at the Christmas Carol Service and accompanied Mini-Ben on the solo of "The Angel Gabriel", which was sung only by the trebles.
Come to think of it. Peace is just....you know... just that! hahah Can't find the right words. It's not that appealing like their other album title.

When did they sing in Christmas Carol Service? I haven't heard of that before.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

libera36 wrote:
dani wrote:
plumpuff6 wrote:
Oh, I am glad to hear that Ed is still with the choir! And that he is still a treble. Ed and Mini-Ben are now the main, veteran soloists, I'm guessing. Well, they have been veterans for a while now, particularly Ed, but with the other 8 gone or in the back row now, they must step up even more than before--and they are certainly equal to it.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

chix wrote:When did they sing in Christmas Carol Service? I haven't heard of that before.
The Festival of 9 lessons and Carols took place in St Philip on 20th december.

If you want to use Google Translator, I made here (in french) a little translation from the review posted by George on its russian blog.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
If you want to use Google Translator, I made here (in french) a little translation from the review posted by George on its russian blog.
Thanks! Wow. I'd love to hear the choir's version of Carol of the Bells and O Magnum Mysterium. I've wanted to hear them sing O Magnum for ages.

From the Google translator, do I interpret correctly that Josh was there but did not sing a solo (and is sporting the same hairstyle as Sam?) and that Liam sang the high notes for O Magnum Mysterium?
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

libera36

Post by libera36 »

carina_gino20 wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:
Thanks! Wow. I'd love to hear the choir's version of Carol of the Bells and O Magnum Mysterium. I've wanted to hear them sing O Magnum for ages.

From the Google translator, do I interpret correctly that Josh was there but did not sing a solo (and is sporting the same hairstyle as Sam?) and that Liam sang the high notes for O Magnum Mysterium?
My source of info said that Josh, Matthew Rangel-Alvarez and Stefan were not in attendance, but both the Cole brothers and many other former Libera boys were there. But my source apparently had another source from which he received the information, so its hard to decide what to believe. :wink:
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

I wish I could have gotten the chance to see them in their Christmas performance. I have always wanted them to create a Libera Christmas CD. I know they have Angel Voices with Christmas music, but I wish they did a full Christmas one.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

fan_de_LoK wrote:The Festival of 9 lessons and Carols took place in St Philip on 20th december.

Thank you so much! It must have been great to hear them sing with the ex-libera members. :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

carina_gino20 wrote:From the Google translator, do I interpret correctly that Josh was there but did not sing a solo (and is sporting the same hairstyle as Sam?) and that Liam sang the high notes for O Magnum Mysterium?
Yes, that is exactly what I understood in Google Translator from Russian to French :)

(I don't know if I can post here the URL of George's blog, so I let you seach for it :)
Here a hint : search Google with this : "Festival of 9 Lessons and Carols" "St Philip" (with the quotes)
You should find it easily ;)
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

thank you fan_de_LoK. I read and watched the videos already. Though I just want to clear something, si st. philip's part of the Festival of 9 Lessons and Carols every year, or just last 2009? Thank you again. :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I can't garanty you that they will do each year a 9 Lessons and carols festival, but almost.

It's highly probable that it will be a Festival in december 2010 :)

You should be able to have confirmation a few weeks before, by checking on St Philip calendar :)

Here the calendat positionned on december 2009.
You can change the month displayed with the buttons at the bottom.
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/calendar. ... ember+2009

Usualy the "Individual events" are added in the calendar about a month before the date.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Thank you for all the infos! :D
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

My source said that Joshua was in attendence at the Lessons and Carols service but, in case I misunderstood him, I will check with him next time he is online. He has a friend who goes to Saint Philip's and this person said Josh was there.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

TEB wrote:My source said that Joshua was in attendence at the Lessons and Carols service but, in case I misunderstood him, I will check with him next time he is online. He has a friend who goes to Saint Philip's and this person said Josh was there.

Ok, here is the list of who was and wasn't at the Lessons & Carols service. My apologies. Joshua was not there. I misunderstood what was sent to me.

Absentees: Josh Madine, Stephen Leadbeater, Matthew ??? (well, as well as Michael Vereycken,
Presentees: Cole brothers, Steven G, Sam C, Callum Payne, Michael Horncastle, Raoul, Simon Lewis, Simon Beston… And all others. Callum read Micah 5, Miniben read Luke 2 (the shepherds go to the manger).

So with the Cole Brothers present for this, they may still be part of the choir and just weren't able to go on the Philipine tour.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."