mini-Ben tribute

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

I agree it is still in my top 10 .I loved the version of Michael Horncastle
But when I was in Leiden were they had to sing for making the DVD,I heard that Michael had loosed his treble voice, so I was surprised that 3 boys performed his song . When I recieved this DVD it was my favorit.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Going Home is a good song. If there is a song for me to pick that I don't like it would be Prayer from Hansel and Gretel. I just dislike that song. I can't tell you why, I just don't like it.

As much as I may like a certain musical group, I will never actually like everything they do. Trans-Siberian Orchestra has more than a few songs I don't like. Actually, most of their cd, The Christmas Attic I don't really care for. And TSO is my favorite band.
Libera is no different. There are some songs I just don't like. Angel Voices and New Dawn are actually rare for me in that I like everything on them.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TEB wrote:Going Home is a good song. If there is a song for me to pick that I don't like it would be Prayer from Hansel and Gretel. I just dislike that song. I can't tell you why, I just don't like it.

As much as I may like a certain musical group, I will never actually like everything they do. Trans-Siberian Orchestra has more than a few songs I don't like. Actually, most of their cd, The Christmas Attic I don't really care for. And TSO is my favorite band.
Libera is no different. There are some songs I just don't like. Angel Voices and New Dawn are actually rare for me in that I like everything on them.
I agree with you on Prayer--the solos are lovely, but there is something a little kitschy about the harmonies...but with a name like Engelbert Humperdink...? ;) Just kidding.

Going Home is great in its mould: a song of remembrance at the final end--just like Do Not Stand (still surprises me something as serious and--dare I say it?--unfestive, as Do Not Stand was given at Leiden, but the result was one of Libera's very greatest moments, imho).

I'd like to hear them re-do Love and Mercy--it needs a little more spontaneity and motion than the New Dawn version...anyone know if that was given at some of these live performances?
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

kjackson83 wrote:
I'd like to hear them re-do Love and Mercy--it needs a little more spontaneity and motion than the New Dawn version...anyone know if that was given at some of these live performances?

I would actually like to see them go back to the original arrangement they used at the Kennedy Center performance. While it really did need some more work done to it, it was a good arrangement.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."