whitetail1985: 7
Yorkie: 6
libera36: 5
kjackson83: 3
kthomp: 2
tcernt: 2
tcliffy: 2

Clue: I am a top wedding destination
A top wedding destination, eh? I have a friend in County Somerset who's never mentioned Haldon Belvedere (Lawrence Castle)...it looks somehow unfinished...??
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

:: NEXT ::

I am big. Really, really big. I also form a contrast between my traditional architectural style and the (obnoxious) flamboyance of a similar building down the street (extra point to the person who can identify both!)
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Oh, forgot--

:: LEADERBOARD ::
whitetail1985: 7
kjackson83: 4
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Liverpool Cathedral and Liverpool RC Metropolitan Cathedral
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

whitetail1985 wrote:Liverpool Cathedral
::: EDIT :::

Oh I see you got the other as well--leaderboard now reflects +2 for whitetail1985

Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, seat of the Bishop of Liverpool. It is the largest cathedral in Britain (York Minster being the largest Gothic cathedral in Britain) and the fifth largest in the world. It was completed in 1978.

The Anglican Cathedral was part of an informal competition between the Church of England and the Church of Rome for whose cathedral would be the grandest.

Obviously the Church of Rome opted out at some point--although this particular church has the largest collection of stained glass in Europe--mostly orbiting around the 'lantern' (the part sticking out of the top).
Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King: seat of the archbishop of Liverpool (Roman)

:: LEADERBOARD ::
whitetail1985: 9
kjackson83: 4

:: NEXT ::

I and the area around me are a protected park commemorating a moment that changed the history of two nations whose soil I do not stand upon.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kjackson83 wrote:
Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, seat of the Bishop of Liverpool. It is the largest cathedral in Britain (York Minster being the largest Gothic cathedral in Britain) and the fifth largest in the world. It was completed in 1978.
Please don't accuse me of being a pedant (well I am actually :wink: ) but York Minster is the largest medieval Gothic cathedral in Britain (which is why people fall out about the size thing with all the "mines bigger than yours stuff" - it's all in the wording of the definition) :D

Anyway, we all know it's not the size of the wand but the skill of the wizard. Isn't that right ladies?...........ladies?...........hello?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yorkie wrote:
kjackson83 wrote:
Please don't accuse me of being a pedant (well I am actually :wink: ) but York Minster is the largest medieval Gothic cathedral in Britain (which is why people fall out about the size thing with all the "mines bigger than yours stuff" - it's all in the wording of the definition) :D

Anyway, we all know it's not the size of the wand but the skill of the wizard. Isn't that right ladies?...........ladies?...........hello?
Definitely. Some wizards are so good they can do magic without a wand :D
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

libera36 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
kjackson83 wrote:

Ah... but we also know that for some wizard the wand is just too big for their own good. :wink: :lol:

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

tcenrt wrote:
libera36 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

Ah... but we also know that for some wizard the wand is just too big for their own good. :wink: :lol:

Ann
:roll: :roll:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

All right--c'mon...somebody finish this before tomorrow!

Last hint:
To this day, the consequences of what happened on my soil reverberate between two diverse groups of people--speaking different languages--that threaten to tear the country I sit in apart.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Is this park in a European country?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:Is this park in a European country?
It's in North America...all right, Canada...all right, a province that starts with Q and ends with uebec.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:
kjackson83 wrote:

:P :P it's the largest Gothic, Mediaeval or otherwise, cathedral in Britain--isn't it :?: :?: :?: :?: Liverpool is Neo-Gothic; Salisbury is tall, but not 'bigger'... :?: :?:
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

kjackson83 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Is this park in a European country?
It's in North America...all right, Canada...all right, a province that starts with Q and ends with uebec.
Haha Kelsie, you practically has to spell it out for us. :lol: :lol:
The National Battlefields Park (Parc de champs-de-bataille nationaux) in Quebec City, Canada
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson