Libera California-bound (USA concerts, April 2009)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Jude Andrew wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:
MWheeler wrote:"Magic Music Days" performing groups are obligated to do a brief performance and then are free to spend the rest of the day in the park. The group also receives a discount on their park admission as well as meal vouchers. All in all, it's a good deal! Perhaps this is the route that Libera is taking while at Disney?
Sort of like 'sing for your food' lol - Very informative post there, especially for people who don't know what Disneyland is like. I would think this could be what they might have done,.
Yes, it's certainly an interesting concept and would seem like the logical conclusion given the lack of media on the event. I sincerely hope that it is well received by those lucky enough to be in the right at the right time :wink:
hello there yes i been wondring a bout sdisney land for a long time for the boys my friend just did a web siet to days a go and it s http://www.libera360.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and its for fans that can talk a bout libera and more add friends to the list as will go and see it my be you will like to join for libera from jenna
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So a concert tonight , how many people on here are going ? I can not wait to read reviews in English .

Goo luck to the boys tonight and have great fun for the fans going tonight.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Hopefully a few more photo's too, which were distinctly lacking from their Japan tour. Still they got to perform on that TV special.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah.... I wonder why the Japanese fans weren't allowed to take pictures?? And hopefully we'll see a little behind the scenes video, like the one for the US Tour.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Yeah.... I wonder why the Japanese fans weren't allowed to take pictures?? And hopefully we'll see a little behind the scenes video, like the one for the US Tour.
Lets just hope its not a new policy that has come into play that no photos are allowed. Seems random no photos was allowed esp if they did meet and greet.

And for people doing the concert tonight , it is Zack Locketts birthday today . So you should wish him a happy birthday . ( This was on a french website so hope its right)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I'll do my best to track down Zack and deliver the message. :D

I have just arrived so there will be at least one member of the forum attending tonight's show. I'm not much of a critic and I don't know how accesible my internet connection will be but I'll try to write back before I go home (on Monday).
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

As our Zachary this evening performs I hope they will sing for him.This young man who is smal lof length for his age deserves an ovation,also for the many years together with Libera
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

tom413 wrote:I'll do my best to track down Zack and deliver the message. :D

I have just arrived so there will be at least one member of the forum attending tonight's show. I'm not much of a critic and I don't know how accesible my internet connection will be but I'll try to write back before I go home (on Monday).
Thats so cool and really jealous that you will get to see them tonight. I hope Liam blows you away. He is so amazing on them high notes and cant wait to hear how he did on sanctu and stay with me.

And on the note of Zacks birthday , look at this picture of Michael hugging Zack , it is just

Awwwwwwww

http://libera-dream.exprimetoi.net/disc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... k-t254.htm
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Awww... so cute!! Zack is so small :D The one of Callum hugging him is cute too. They should take another picture like that. It would be funny, because Zack is so short and Callum is so tall!!! Happy Birthday Zack!!
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dani wrote:And on the note of Zacks birthday , look at this picture of Michael hugging Zack , it is just

Awwwwwwww

http://libera-dream.exprimetoi.net/disc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... k-t254.htm
So cuuuuuuute! I've seen the pic with Callum hugging him before, but not this one with Michael. Thanks for sharing. :D
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

paopao

Post by paopao »

happy b'day zackie..
btw, how old is he now?
libera36

Post by libera36 »

He is officially a teenager!! #13! :lol:
paopao

Post by paopao »

libera36 wrote:He is officially a teenager!! #13! :lol:
aw..everyone is getting older while i'm dying to be younger.. that's so uncool :lol:
well,zack looked a bit taller in the japanese TV performance..
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, you're right, he does look taller!! Soooo.... who from the forum went to the concert last night?? And hopefully took pictures.... And can tell us all about it.... :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

St Margaret's set list was identical to Japan

* Adoramus
* Gloria
* Far Away
* Love and Mercy
* Sancte
* Secret
* Salva Me
* Sanctus
* Always with You
* I Am the Day
Intermission
* Sakura, Sakura
* May the Road Rise Up
* Hymn to Beauty
* Prayer
* You Were There
* Orinoco Flow
* Mysterium
* Sacris Solemnis
* Stay with Me
* Going Home
* Libera

except that there was no encore.

I would expect the show on Sunday to be the same.
St Margaret's was packed, both at floor level and the balcony
I expect everyone was pleased with the turnout.

There were seven introductions delivered.
Josh did the hello, Sam discussed the California connection to Love and Mercy, Kavanna discussed spacing and being in the right place for their performances. Liam talked about the boys getting to celebrate Easter twice (because they crossed the international date line), Ben had two bits: one about the pressures of performing and the other discussing those robes of theirs and Freddie did the closing introduction.

New (to me anyway) solos were performed by Ben (Far Away), Stefan (high notes on Salva Me), Alex & Kavana (Always with You), Flynn (May the Road Rise Up), Freddie & James (opening in Prayer), Josh (You Were There), Ed (Mysterium) and Daniel (Stay With Me).

Without breaking down each performance I will just say that I thought Flynn did the best job of all of those stepping into the spotlight. His performance of May The Road was truly wonderful.

Kavana was still under the weather (coughing and sneezing). Hopefully his cold clears up before Sunday (being in the desert should be good for this, no?).

Opportunities existed after the concert to meet some of the boys and get autographs, pictures or a word. Unfortunately I didn't spot Zack in attendance so I couldn't pass on those birthday wishes....
Last edited by tom413 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.