Performance aboard the Viking liner 'Neptune' May 8, 2023

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Performance aboard the Viking liner 'Neptune' May 8, 2023

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote: <span title="Tue May 07, 2024 3:04 pm">1 week ago</span> It looks like Libera have done their annual performance going by Facebook.

It was the Viking Sky World Cruise and looks like it would of been the 4th May that it docked at Greenwich.
Thanks Dani.

I myself came across a post on Facebook and another on Instagram mentioning that Libera performed aboard the 'Sky' ship on the evening of Sunday, May 5th.
Unfortunately, there were no photos of the choir, and even fewer references to any songs performed.
Have you discovered any information regarding who attended and what songs were performed?

Interestingly, this year Viking has organized not one, but two 'World Cruises' concluding at Spring in London after months at sea.
The first was aboard the 'Sky,' which was docked in Greenwich this past weekend. The second is aboard the 'Neptune,' which should arrive today or tomorrow, if I interpreted the schedule correctly. Therefore, there might be a second performance tomorrow, Wednesday.
However, as it's a weekday I have a doubts. Let say 50/50.
What do you think ?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I know Sanctus was sung so just got to find out the other songs now :mrgreen:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Glad they're maintaining that tradition and corporate connection as this can only be good for their notoriety.

Glad for the update.
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

I’m glad to see that they’re doing this again; Viking has been a big supporter over the years. It’s a shame that there could never be a Libera cruise on Viking, though. No kids are allowed on Viking Cruises.