Luca Brugnoli

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

LordG

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by LordG »

13 yr old Luca Brugnoli sings Smile/You'll Never Walk Alone.

This is live footage from a solo concert performed at the RCBC Plaza in Manila back in November 2023 when Luca was 13 years of age.

SMILE:
Composer: Charlie Chaplin
Lyrics and Title: John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons
Vocals: Luca Brugnoli
Piano: Dominic Ferris

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Composer: Richard Rodgers
Lyrics: Oscar Hammerstein II
Vocals: Luca Brugnoli
Piano: Dominic Ferris
Additional Vocals: Regina Saban

Sound and Tech Desk : Tom Kiloran
Lighting / Sound: RCBC Tech Team Manila
Promoter / Patron: Roberto de Ocampo, OBE,

With thanks to all the many other people who made this concert possible.

Premiere in 5 hours 21. April um 21:00 MEST

13 yr old Luca Brugnoli sings Smile/You'll Never Walk Alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrQjdlo ... liOfficial
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Physical copies of Luca's new album can be ordered now: https://lucabrugnoli.co.uk/lucabrugnoli ... h-my-eyes/
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

So, Luca has released his second independent album recently. It's called "Through My Eyes" and it is a collection of songs, which were recorded mainly last summer. I've had my copy for over a week now and I'd like to share some thoughts about the new album.

The album was produced by Dominic Ferris who can also be heard playing the piano in most of the pieces. Luca has worked with Dominic Ferris for about a year now. I was lucky to see both of them live during a concert in Cuckfield in June 2023 and I can tell how well they seem to understand each other and how well they cooperate when making music together. Having the right mentor and teacher is of immeasurable importance for a young musician and I'm convinced, that Luca is very lucky having apparently found the right person in Dominic Ferris in this regard.

"Through My Eyes" is pretty different from the first album called "Rise Up". It contains 14 tracks in between which one looks in vain for classical music. However, I think the selection of music corresponds pretty much to the areas, in which Luca feels best. It's "Through Luca's Eyes" after all, isn't it? So, we will find some pieces originating from famous musicals, some film themes and well known pop classics. There are also two original pieces on the album, which were written by Dominic Ferris and his parents (professional musicians as well) specially for Luca.

Luca has matured musically since "Rise Up" a lot. He recorded the songs a few months ago, when he was in the absolute peak period of his treble voice. Capable of reaching the highest notes perfectly and at the same time being able to go pretty much low in the musical scale and producing very warm, gentle sounds down there. I'm impressed by his ability to express a wide range of emotions with his voice. Luca can be calm and gentle, he can be loud and furious; his slight, mysterious vibrato never fails to give me goosebumps. All of those features can be found on the new album promising a very enjoyable experience.

I won't write a track-by-track review of each song, but I will concentrate on my highlights. Actually, I love (almost) the whole album, nevertheless my highlights are the both original songs "I Am" and "My Mama", as well as "The Prayer" and "Hushabye Mountain". BTW, I'd love to see a music video for "The Prayer" featuring Luca duetting with himself. Yes, he sings both parts in that song: the Italian one and the English one and this is awesome. The only one track, which I don't like too much is "Bring Me To Life". This is because that song is definitely too pop-ish with too much percussion and too much pop orchestration for me.
TMY_1.jpg
TMY_1.jpg (472.52 KiB) Viewed 35 times
TMY_1.jpg
TMY_1.jpg (472.52 KiB) Viewed 35 times
TMY_2.jpg
TMY_2.jpg (650.88 KiB) Viewed 35 times
TMY_2.jpg
TMY_2.jpg (650.88 KiB) Viewed 35 times
TMY_3.jpg
TMY_3.jpg (504.64 KiB) Viewed 35 times
TMY_3.jpg
TMY_3.jpg (504.64 KiB) Viewed 35 times