He inspired a generation

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

Mercurial909
Silver Member

He inspired a generation

Post by Mercurial909 »

At around 11 years old Tevin Campbell, who’d been discovered singing in his church choir in the town of Waco, Texas, was something of a revelation. People hadn’t heard a boy treble switch it up like this since the Motown heydays.

Here is Tevin featured on one of music genius Quincy Jones’ concept albums, singing “Tomorrow, a Better You, Better Me”

seraphita
Silver Member

Re: He inspired a generation

Post by seraphita »

Yes, his voice in very beautiful. His sense of rhythm is also very good.
To bad his singing career didn't went well.

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:52 pm">3 weeks ago</span> At around 11 years old Tevin Campbell, who’d been discovered singing in his church choir in the town of Waco, Texas, was something of a revelation. People hadn’t heard a boy treble switch it up like this since the Motown heydays.

Here is Tevin featured on one of music genius Quincy Jones’ concept albums, singing “Tomorrow, a Better You, Better Me”

[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Initially his career went really well. His biggest hit was “Tell Me What You Want Me to Do” when he was 15.
But back in the 90’s people were not as tolerant as now, and questions about his private life had a negative impact on his career.
He’s been able to maintain a certain level of success in Africa, though. He still has a big following in South Africa.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

The late great Prince wrote this track, and you can hear Prince singing backing vocals too. Not the worst way to start a solo singing career…