Another fan from the Netherlands

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Lavendel

Another fan from the Netherlands

Post by Lavendel »

Hi all, I’m Lavendel from the Netherlands.

As many others, I stumbled upon the Libera Leiden concert on YouTube. I didn’t really know what to make of it, because I wasn’t used to the genre, but I kept returning to the video nevertheless. Slowly I started listening to other albums, till at some point I realized Libera was my favorite music group. The first album release I was aware of was “Christmas in Ireland”.

Until now I’ve been to two concerts, one in Londen and the one in Germany. It’s really amazing how good Libera are live! Because of different priorities in life I haven’t been to any concerts recently. However, I am very lucky to be going to Japan this October, and I hope to visit at least one of the Tokyo concerts (very excited... and for the rest of Japan of course).

Also as many others, I’ve been a reader of this forum for quite some time now. Now I’m looking forward to participating in the conversations here.
LordG

Re: Another fan from the Netherlands

Post by LordG »

A warm welcome to this forum.

Libera is a very special group of boys who dedicate themselves to a completely different genre
of music than most boys' choirs. Many other boys' choirs are more classically influenced.

This is one of the reasons why I have been following Libera for many years.
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome! So exciting that you'll be visiting Japan and seeing them in concert. I assume that the Ely, Chester, and Lincoln concerts are in conflict with your schedule even though they are closer in proximity?

Glad to have you with us, and hopefully you can give us your impressions of the concerts in Japan if you're feeling up to it :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi there Lavendel, welcome to the forum. My first exposure to Libera was the video of Far Away sung by Michael Horncastle in Stratford upon Avon but yes many people saw that Leiden concert and were hooked.

Those Japan concerts are a bit special, your so lucky to get to see one. Unfortunately, I can't help to answer your question about tickets but hopefully some of our members can help you out.

Which bit of our forum have you enjoyed reading? If you like the concert reviews then you have to write us a full review of your Japanese one 😀

It's awhile since I've used this because YouTube keeps deleting the video but here is my 'official' welcome:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Lavendel

Post by Lavendel »

Thanks all for your welcome!

LordG wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:28 pm">1 month ago</span> Libera is a very special group of boys who dedicate themselves to a completely different genre
of music than most boys' choirs. Many other boys' choirs are more classically influenced.

This is one of the reasons why I have been following Libera for many years.
I agree, the different sound of Libera is one of the things that make them so great. However, at that point I wasn’t even familiar with boys’ choirs or the British choral tradition in general. That all started with Libera for me.

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:26 pm">1 month ago</span> I assume that the Ely, Chester, and Lincoln concerts are in conflict with your schedule even though they are closer in proximity?

Glad to have you with us, and hopefully you can give us your impressions of the concerts in Japan if you're feeling up to it :D
It must seem a bit weird to plan on seeing them in Japan, while England is relatively close. Let’s say a lot of planning and saving up has gone into going to Japan :). If I manage to go to a concert, I’ll certainly try to write down my impressions here.

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm">1 month ago</span> Which bit of our forum have you enjoyed reading? If you like the concert reviews then you have to write us a full review of your Japanese one 😀
I love reading concert reviews! I’m always curious about what songs they sang, who sang what part and just getting a general impression of what it was like. Hopefully I can indeed write my own review this year. I also really enjoy reading the album reviews, it’s so interesting how everybody thinks about the songs in a different way.

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm">1 month ago</span> It's awhile since I've used this because YouTube keeps deleting the video but here is my 'official' welcome:
It made me smile, thank you.