Liam O'Kane

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Liam O'Kane

Post by Luckdragon »

I decided to create a topic for Liam and post links for convenient access to the hard Romantic albums that featured his voice. I remember how difficult these CDs were to get when they were first released back in the late '90s. Here in America, we had to order them from Japan by snail mail. Fortunately, they're now available on all major streaming platforms.

To this day, "The Lark in the Clear Air" remains one of the most impressive feats of a treble voice I've ever heard.

seraphita
Silver Member

Re: Liam O'Kane

Post by seraphita »

Indeed a very beautiful album with 'high Libera spirit', if I may call this way.
To bad he did not make more of this kind of music.
As far as I remember I orded the album too in Japan. Difficicult to get.

My favorite: All the love in the world

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat May 20, 2023 7:49 pm">11 months ago</span> I decided to create a topic for Liam and post links for convenient access to the hard Romantic albums that featured his voice. I remember how difficult these CDs were to get when they were first released back in the late '90s. Here in America, we had to order them from Japan by snail mail. Fortunately, they're now available on all major streaming platforms.

To this day, "The Lark in the Clear Air" remains one of the most impressive feats of a treble voice I've ever heard.
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

We've had plenty of siblings in Libera, but no sons so far. They live up in the Nottingham area, but we can hope.
► Show Spoiler
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:22 pm">6 months ago</span> We've had plenty of siblings in Libera, but no sons so far. They live up in the Nottingham area, but we can hope.
► Show Spoiler

Gorgeous family. Liam’s wife is stunning.

Couple years ago I was online looking for footage of his band “Jimmy the Squirrel” playing and that’s when I saw a piece about him in a local Nottinghamshire newspaper. It mentioned that Liam was married and had a son, and that he was employed as a church based youth worker. It said he was still gigging with his band.

The only other Libera alumnus I know got married is Jonathan “JB” Barrington, but I don’t know if there are any little JB’s yet. 🥰

Ben P tricked us, though…
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Mercurial909 on Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

The little boy in the picture could be Libera age (7 years old) in two or three years.

The other picture looks like a baby girl to me. Who is the young man holding her?
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:20 pm">6 months ago</span> The little boy in the picture could be Libera age (7 years old) in two or three years.

The other picture looks like a baby girl to me. Who is the young man holding her?
Ben Philipp (once known as Mini Ben).
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:49 pm">6 months ago</span> Ben Philipp (once known as Mini Ben).
Interestingly, Liam's son is named Ben.