Opening links in new tab

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Opening links in new tab

Post by fan_de_LoK »

When I click a link posted in a message, the link opens in the current tab of my browser, making me to leave Libera Dreams and to swich on the other site.
It feel it annoying.
I would prefed the new link to open in a new tab, preventing me to leave Libera Dreams.
I know I can obtain that by doing a right-click / " Open in new tab " on a link, so no big deal here.

But anyway, a suggestion :
would it be possible to add an option in our user control panel, to allow each of us to set if we prefer to open links by default in the currect tab ou a new tab ?
seraphita
Silver Member

Re: Opening links in new tab

Post by seraphita »

Yes, this would be very convenient.
Technically it's possible.
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:04 pm">1 year ago</span>
But anyway, a suggestion :
would it be possible to add an option in our user control panel, to allow each of us to set if we prefer to open links by default in the currect tab ou a new tab ?
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I did a quick google search on the matter, and although I'm not a coder or an expert in this, it appears that the only way to do it would be to add custom coding parameters to the BBcode used at this forum. This would have to be done at the administrative level and may not necessarily be easy or possible :( . Again, this is just from what I see and I could very well be wrong.

For those who don't know BBCode is the special discussion board code (similar to HTML) that adds things like the b with brackets around it:

Code: Select all

[b]When you want things to be bold[/b]
When you want things to be bold
LordG

Post by LordG »

If you want to open a link in a new tab press "ctrl" (or "strg" on a german keyboard) and click on the desired link at the same time.

Voila, a new tab will open with your link :wink:
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yeah, thanks, a right-click do it as well, but it is pointless here.
The purpose here is not to talk about convolution to do or avoidance strategy to think about.

The idea here is to see if it is possible to have a link or image that simply opens by default in a new tab, with having any other action to do or to think to.
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Well, a simple html code can do the job:
" target="_blank"

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:40 pm">1 year ago</span> I did a quick google search on the matter, and although I'm not a coder or an expert in this, it appears that the only way to do it would be to add custom coding parameters to the BBcode used at this forum. This would have to be done at the administrative level and may not necessarily be easy or possible :( . Again, this is just from what I see and I could very well be wrong.

For those who don't know BBCode is the special discussion board code (similar to HTML) that adds things like the b with brackets around it:

Code: Select all

[b]When you want things to be bold[/b]
When you want things to be bold
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi