Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Sanctus?

Post by Surpinto »

This was shared with me....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqkULUzYzS8&t=274s

Is this "Sanctus"? :shock: The beginning seem to affirm it but then you have that long note at the end which is different. So perhaps it was edited in some way at the end?

Either way, Libera and weird burgers are two topics I would never expect to meat in the same video. :mrgreen:
Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Sanctus?

Post by Padmachou »

I don't know, these are not such specific vocalises, it might be some other piece/arrangement inspired by Pachelbel that has the same 3 notes/chords ?
Then again, maybe the guy in the video was looking for an angelic sound, and his youtube research led him to Libera (and he is now a huge fan and will be joining Libera Dreams, of course :D), and he picked just the 3 chords and edited it...

So what, do you have a beef with weird burgers ? :mrgreen:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

IIRC in Libera's version towards the end of that vocal phrase an additional set of voices comes in at a higher pitch, so I'm inclined to think it's not Libera.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I love The Beard, a fellow Yorkshireman. This exact refrain was used in a UK commercial some years back (posted on here somewhere) and the consensus was that it WASN'T Libera). Sorry.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:03 pm">1 year ago</span> So what, do you have a beef with weird burgers ? :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:57 pm">1 year ago</span> I love The Beard, a fellow Yorkshireman. This exact refrain was used in a UK commercial some years back (posted on here somewhere) and the consensus was that it WASN'T Libera). Sorry.
I figured as much! Thanks for confirming it.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I believe I have an answer for exactly which piece of music it comes from. I heard that clip used in other videos in the past, including a couple videos on the twosetviolin channel. Anyways, it's the "Sanctus" from the Mass in E flat major by Josef Rheinberger. In the link I provided, the clip starts at 12:54, but it's good to begin at the start of the Sanctus (12:29) for context. You'll see in the comments below that people were searching for the origin of the music clip. The whole Mass is worth a listen. I was rather impressed with it overall.