Luca Brugnoli

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

GlennJalmas

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by GlennJalmas »

I'm not being biased of Luca being with Libera but his performance of Ave Maria truly stood out and indeed he was fearless. As David Grant had said, the song was very very difficult,colossal range and he sang it as though it's the most natural thing in the world. Luca is definitely going to be the winner for me in the finale.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Luca was on BBC Sussex Radio this morning Wednesday 30 November.

I tried to listen the live stream on internet but I went blocked, being from abroad, despite using a VPN.
Has anyone recorded the interview and could share it?

Edit: I answer myself, Luca posted a youtube video of that interview :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Luca will be on Meridian FM tomorrow Thursday 1st December.

This time the internet live stream will be available from abroad.
But being at work, live listening will not be possible for me.

I don't feel like there is a replay available on the site for the morning show.

Will someone be able to make a recording?
https://meridianfm.com

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It was nice to see him perform so well in a high pressure environment. That said, I would be shocked if he somehow managed to win the final round. The older finalists on the girls' side will be tough to beat.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:38 pm">1 year ago</span> It was nice to see him perform so well in a high pressure environment. That said, I would be shocked if he somehow managed to win the final round. The older finalists on the girls' side will be tough to beat.
For some reason, the BBC seems to think that pitting 17-year-old girls against 12-year-old boys is fair and proper, so their's not much we or he can do about that.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:19 pm">1 year ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:38 pm">1 year ago</span> It was nice to see him perform so well in a high pressure environment. That said, I would be shocked if he somehow managed to win the final round. The older finalists on the girls' side will be tough to beat.
For some reason, the BBC seems to think that pitting 17-year-old girls against 12-year-old boys is fair and proper, so their's not much we or he can do about that.
Yeah, I think it was best when having separate competitions for boys and girls. Although, the age limit is 16, not 17. I wonder if they were trying to cut costs by combining them into one competition.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:45 pm">1 year ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:19 pm">1 year ago</span>
Yeah, I think it was best when having separate competitions for boys and girls. Although, the age limit is 16, not 17. I wonder if they were trying to cut costs by combining them into one competition.
Either an age limit of 14 or go back to having two winners.

It may well be that the change was made to make the final more "dramatic" with a single winner, or to keep the length of the broadcast down. Either way, someone didn't think properly about the potential implications.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It sounds like Luca got runner-up, losing to Naomi (one of the 16 year olds). I think he can feel quite proud of that result. If they had separate competitions he would have won.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:00 pm">1 year ago</span> It sounds like Luca got runner-up, losing to Naomi (one of the 16 year olds). I think he can feel quite proud of that result. If they had separate competitions he would have won.
Absolute joke of a competition. The BBC are so politically correct it is laughable. They need to go back to a winner for the girls AND the boys or drop the age limit to 14.

Luca was really good but it is like a featherweight boxer going in against a heavyweight. No chance. Naomi was an excellent singer and performer but it was boys against adult women which just demeans the competition.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:05 pm">1 year ago</span> Absolute joke of a competition. The BBC are so politically correct it is laughable. They need to go back to a winner for the girls And the boys or drop the age limit to 14.

Luca was really good but it is like a featherweight boxer going in against a heavyweight. No chance. Naomi was an excellent singer and performer but it was boys against adult women which just demeans the competition.
Luca was the best one in my opinion, and listening to the judges comments its difficult to understand why they didn't choose him. Even given he was in an unfair competition, I still feel he deserved the win. Drop the age limit to 14 and Luca would have won easily.

C'est la vie.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Wasn't Luca the youngest of all the finalists? I believe William is a Year 10 student, and Samuel is 13 years old.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:30 pm">1 year ago</span> Wasn't Luca the youngest of all the finalists? I believe William is a Year 10 student, and Samuel is 13 years old.
This is information that I've gleaned from Twitter the last couple weeks, but I don't recall the sources.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:14 pm">1 year ago</span> Luca was the best one in my opinion, and listening to the judges comments its difficult to understand why they didn't choose him.
Exactly...the summary comments by the judges at the end were faultless on Luca it almost seemed like a forgone conclusion that he was the overall winner. Agree with others - I've nothing against the girls singing but they really should be separate from the boys. Too much of a mismatch.

Overall with the Semi Final and Final Luca was in a different league. A pure treble befitting of his age.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

This is from the TV programme itself:

Ingrid 16
Abigail 16
Niami 16
Lara 14
Alice 16

Sam 13
William 14
Charlie 12
Ivo 12
Luca 12

Luca may or may not have been the youngest overall, but he was definitely the youngest in the final!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Luca could do no more. The 'competition' is a fake and is fixed against the boys.

But we should recognise Luca's performance and congratulate him for his achievement. Looking forward to his album now. Part of me wishes I had sponsored him enough to attend his private recital (which I think was yesterday).

I hope he has a few more years singing solos with Libera, which to me is the greatest prize of all.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love