Libera in soundtrack of "Card Shark" game

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Libera in soundtrack of "Card Shark" game

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I wasn't sure where to put this topic, so I'm putting it here for now. Anyways, they sing the music that accompanies the credits when a person is done with the game. They actually sing in French! They are accompanied by various instruments and a tenor soloist. One thing that bugs me is that it sounds like an adult female voice is in the mix, yet the information below the video doesn't mention that. Maybe the singers of Libera are singing in a different style than usual, which could trick my ears.

Celtic

Re: Libera in soundtrack of "Card Shark" game

Post by Celtic »

They are also in this track...

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:18 am">1 year ago</span> They are also in this track...

I just realized there were some other tracks to check out. That one allows you to hear their voices "a cappella".
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks Bachmahlerfan for the interresting find and Celtic pointing the track 'Codex Las Huelgas: Ex Illustri Nata Prosapia' 🙂

Hearing the 'Carmagnole' track, I don't think they are in it. Perhaps a mistake in the text on youtube?

They are indeed in the credits.
Screenshot_20220724-093909_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220724-093909_Samsung Internet.jpg (744.58 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
Screenshot_20220724-093909_Samsung Internet.jpg (744.58 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:49 am">1 year ago</span> Thanks Bachmahlerfan for the interresting find and Celtic pointing the track 'Codex Las Huelgas: Ex Illustri Nata Prosapia' 

Hearing the 'Carmagnole' track, I don't think they are in it. Perhaps a mistake in the text on youtube?

I wonder if they made a mistake by listing Libera in the details down below the video. The "La Carmagnole" and "Codex Las Huelgas" tracks are the only ones that mention Libera in the details below the video.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A link for info about the sound track availablity:
https://www.theongaku.com/posts/card-shark-soundtrack
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:55 am">1 year ago</span>
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:49 am">1 year ago</span> Thanks Bachmahlerfan for the interresting find and Celtic pointing the track 'Codex Las Huelgas: Ex Illustri Nata Prosapia'

I wonder if they made a mistake by listing Libera in the details down below the video. The "La Carmagnole" and "Codex Las Huelgas" tracks are the only ones that mention Libera in the details below the video.
I don't know, I think it has to be them, as there are no other choirs involved in the album. But it is possible the soprano and alto soloists are also singing on that track and haven't been credited?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

An interview of Andrea Boccadoro, the composer:

https://www.lbbonline.com/news/radio-lb ... card-shark

It tends to confirm that libera was only involved in the 'Codex' track.

"For the Hospice location, we decided to record a choral piece from a medieval codex, and worked with the amazing children choir Libera directed by Sam Coates."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:53 am">1 year ago</span> I wasn't sure where to put this topic, so I'm putting it here for now. Anyways, they sing the music that accompanies the credits when a person is done with the game. They actually sing in French! They are accompanied by various instruments and a tenor soloist. One thing that bugs me is that it sounds like an adult female voice is in the mix, yet the information below the video doesn't mention that. Maybe the singers of Libera are singing in a different style than usual, which could trick my ears.
A most excellent find. I'm going to move it into one of the other threads that has a collection of other movie sound tracks, TV shows and computer games that they have featured in, hope that is ok.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:14 am">1 year ago</span> An interview of Andrea Boccadoro, the composer:

https://www.lbbonline.com/news/radio-lb ... card-shark

It tends to confirm that libera was only involved in the 'Codex' track.

"For the Hospice location, we decided to record a choral piece from a medieval codex, and worked with the amazing children choir Libera directed by Sam Coates."
That would make sense, because the more I listen to the 'end credits' track, the more I'm convinced that those could not be the voices of LIbera. I believe a similar error occurred on Youtube with one of the tracks on the Ian Mulder album "Love Divine 5".
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:32 am">1 year ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:53 am">1 year ago</span> I wasn't sure where to put this topic, so I'm putting it here for now. Anyways, they sing the music that accompanies the credits when a person is done with the game. They actually sing in French! They are accompanied by various instruments and a tenor soloist. One thing that bugs me is that it sounds like an adult female voice is in the mix, yet the information below the video doesn't mention that. Maybe the singers of Libera are singing in a different style than usual, which could trick my ears.
A most excellent find. I'm going to move it into one of the other threads that has a collection of other movie sound tracks, TV shows and computer games that they have featured in, hope that is ok.
Feel free to do as you see fit.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:09 am">1 year ago</span> I don't know, I think it has to be them, as there are no other choirs involved in the album. But it is possible the soprano and alto soloists are also singing on that track and haven't been credited?
I think it is only the soloists singing on that track. With the added reverb/acoustic it sounds like more than 2 voices when the soprano and alto are singing, but I don't think it is. I also don't hear anything that sounds like a treble line on that song, only operatic adult voices.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Sorry I must have missed this topic...I tweeted about it yesterday thinking it was a new find. Must pay more attention.

I did come across this one though, which I don't think has been covered yet...a familiar voice by now ;)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Credits

Xenoblade.jpg
Xenoblade.jpg (8.36 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
Xenoblade.jpg
Xenoblade.jpg (8.36 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:59 am">1 year ago</span> Sorry I must have missed this topic...I tweeted about it yesterday thinking it was a new find. Must pay more attention.

I did come across this one though, which I don't think has been covered yet...a familiar voice by now ;)

Xenoblade.jpg
Nice find with the credits part too! :D
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:59 am">1 year ago</span> Sorry I must have missed this topic...I tweeted about it yesterday thinking it was a new find. Must pay more attention.

Xenoblade.jpg
Any idea what is the title of the song they are singing? Is it just "Credits"?