St John's Smith SQ Concert 2022 - Dec 4th

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Re: St John's Smith SQ Concert 2022 - Dec 4th

Post by paul »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:48 am">1 year ago</span> Does that make the seat total ..... :wink:
Just a polite request.
Can we please keep discussions clean.
Thank you.

Paul.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

SJSS is now sold out.
Screenshot 2022-09-09 214224.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-09 214224.jpg (55.65 KiB) Viewed 8385 times
Screenshot 2022-09-09 214224.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-09 214224.jpg (55.65 KiB) Viewed 8385 times
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It was predictable :

as the stalls are sold-out, the upper gallery has been open for sale.
The seats on the gallery have a restricted view but they will be still appreciated by people not having a seat yet.

https://www.sjss.org.uk/book?873627772
Gallery seats.jpg
Gallery seats.jpg (74.5 KiB) Viewed 8248 times
Gallery seats.jpg
Gallery seats.jpg (74.5 KiB) Viewed 8248 times
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

They deserve a full house God bless them :D

What is Christmas without a Libera Christmas Concert? I'm glad that this will be a full concert unlike last year's shorter shows.

It'll come around before we know it!
"You are not alone"
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm ready. I'm ticketed. My flight booked, and my room booked.
I'm thinking The Ramones "I want to be sedated".
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:07 am">1 year ago</span> I'm ready. I'm ticketed. My flight booked, and my room booked.
I'm thinking The Ramones "I want to be sedated".
:lol: I'm ready too. :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

(If this is inappropriate I will understand if it is removed.)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Unfortunately, my flight has been cancelled. The only other options are either more expensive or would create scheduling problems with my job. Without boring anyone with the details of my worklife, it will suffice to say that this trip was already a bit of a problem in terms of time away from work; to the point that I was worried the closer I was getting to December that it would be a larger issue than I anticipated when I made my booking initially. It's just a terrible time to take time off.

Anyway, after examining all possible alternative options and factors (travel, costs, work schedule, and otherwise) I decided that canceling this trip and saving the refund in anticipation of US summer tour expenses would be a much safer bet than doing anything else. That's just where I'm at.

I'm definitely disappointed. I sort of have a history of having concert related things cancelled on me :roll: with two actual Libera concerts cancelled and now this de facto cancellation. But at the end of the day I know that I will see my favorite choir next summer and that at least gives me some cause for optimism. :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

it seems odd that the airline would cancel the flight so far in advance. You'd think that with more than 6 weeks to do so they'd be able to replace the flight.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Could be any number of reasons: low bookings, anticipated staff shortages, aircraft maintenance, etc. I'm glad they had the organization wherewithal to cancel it now and not on the day! That would have been devastating. At least this way I can get full refunds on my hotels.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:23 am">1 year ago</span> I'm definitely disappointed.
Well, if you had known about the US tour before you booked, you might have waited anyway. It's possible that you could attend multiple concerts for the same amount of money, depending on where they are. It might be easier to take time off during the summer, too.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:55 pm">1 year ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:23 am">1 year ago</span> I'm definitely disappointed.
Well, if you had known about the US tour before you booked, you might have waited anyway. It's possible that you could attend multiple concerts for the same amount of money, depending on where they are. It might be easier to take time off during the summer, too.
Possibly. I did genuinely want to go to the UK regardless of a US tour because seeing them at a Christmas concert is something that I would like do just once....but....oh well :cry:

I wonder if they will sing any new songs in December. They do tend to occasionally debut new songs during UK concerts before taking them internationally; though they've sung a few new ones in summer so it's likely those are still being polished in concert.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Surpinto

You haven't mentioned it but have you disposed of your concert ticket? I don't need it myself but there were a few other people earlier in this thread who were trying to find better tickets.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:29 pm">1 year ago</span> Hi Surpinto

You haven't mentioned it but have you disposed of your concert ticket? I don't need it myself but there were a few other people earlier in this thread who were trying to find better tickets.
I haven't forgotten about my ticket. I'm sorting that out presently.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Already counting the days :D

Any ideas which musical (choral) events to attend around December 4th? For December 3rd I already have the Evensong at Westminster Abbey on my list, for December 5th the Vespers at Westminster Cathedral. I'm concerned to miss something once I'm there :?
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!