Libera's Next Album

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Libera's Next Album

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I figured that since we are entering the break between "Lent Term" and "Trinity Term", this would be a good time to discuss the next Libera album. I know that they have sometimes recorded some tracks during this break, although the current high rate of covid-19 transmission could be a problem. Hopefully, if they are planning on recording, they will stay healthy. I think this will be the most surprising album in a long time for obvious reasons. I'm both excited and apprehensive to see what their next album will be like.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Libera's Next Album

Post by Padmachou »

That seems a bit soon to release a new album, in my opinion. They did not even get the chance to sing the songs from the previous one, but for one short concert. With the changes both in the direction of the choir and the soloists turnover, with the whole pandemic situation, they did not experienced many concerts. I find it a bit unlikely that there would be an album so soon. Or maybe just a new EP ?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:40 pm">2 years ago</span> That seems a bit soon to release a new album, in my opinion. They did not even get the chance to sing the songs from the previous one, but for one short concert. With the changes both in the direction of the choir and the soloists turnover, with the whole pandemic situation, they did not experienced many concerts. I find it a bit unlikely that there would be an album so soon. Or maybe just a new EP ?
You may be right, but remember that before the pandemic they were going into a pattern of releasing an album every year. That's why I think there's a strong possibility that they will record a new album this year. I suppose a new EP would be a reasonable possibility as well, but I would be surprised if they recorded nothing. As for soloists, I don't think that will be an impediment to recording a new album. Another scenario would be recording an album this Fall for a Spring release next year, like they did with the "Hope" album.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

I'd settle for a simple music video now and then.

The One Voice Children's Choir has only been on YouTube since 2012 but they post new videos about once a month (even through the pandemic) and have accumulated over 4.3 million subscribers. Many of their videos reach a million views within a few months.

I realize that Libera is in a much more niche genre but it just goes to show that they could do so much better by embracing social media, accumulating followers, and collecting viewership revenue.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

As I have speculated before, their arrangement with Libera-Records in Japan likely plays a significant role in their annual album releases that we were seeing before the pandemic. Particularly, the album would be released to roughly coincide with a Japanese tour and Japan had exclusive album covers, album-related amenities, and the like.

However, two things may put a damper on this annual release: the first being the pandemic and the second being Robert's passing. That's not to say that an album is out of the question, but that these two things in combination could represent a change to how Libera releases albums. This could be for no other reason than simply Sam's work schedule versus Robert's work schedule.

I would hypothesize that if an album release were to come in 2022 we will hear something about it by summertime. Be it a full album, an EP, or just a music video, I would be surprised if the Ely concert goes by without so much as a word about it. All the same, if we hear nothing by the end of August then that would be clear evidence that nothing is in the works for 2022, thus setting our expectations higher for 2023! :wink: