Japenese Libera?

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

archizzly

Japenese Libera?

Post by archizzly »

Saw this video on Youtube, is there a Japanese Branch to Libera? or this is just an elaborate cover/performance?
thanks!

Celt

Re: Japenese Libera?

Post by Celt »

I guess there is no copyright on that Libera style, so I presume they are just a choir copying the look. In a later video they are dressed in sailor suits instead.

I was trying to work out what choir that was and found mostly videos of goats on that chan :lol:

So I was going to suggest "Jibera" before finally discovering they are called the Tokoname Boys' Choir.

I mean this as kindly as possible... but they have some work to do, to reach Libera quality levels.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”
- Oscar Wilde

:lol: :wink:
archizzly

Post by archizzly »

Celt wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:52 pm">2 years ago</span> I guess there is no copyright on that Libera style, so I presume they are just a choir copying the look. In a later video they are dressed in sailor suits instead.

I was trying to work out what choir that was and found mostly videos of goats on that chan :lol:

So I was going to suggest "Jibera" before finally discovering they are called the Tokoname Boys' Choir.

I mean this as kindly as possible... but they have some work to do, to reach Libera quality levels.
Thank you for doing the research :D to be honest, that video was just on my suggested videos. Because of the song they sang and their Libera hoodies I immediately assumed that Libera was doing some music ed outreach works in Japan without even watching the whole video :lol:

I tried searching them in Youtube using their name in Japanese Characters (常滑少年合唱団) yes, I guess they are an amateur choir fond of copying famous choirs such as Libera and Vienna Boys' Choir(sailor suits).

I agree that they have a lot of work to do (I admire them for starting the process.)
but, I think they should really start investing on their own image rather than spending money on copying other choirs.
archizzly

Post by archizzly »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:27 pm">2 years ago</span> “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”
- Oscar Wilde

:lol: :wink:
indeed! :)
LordG

Post by LordG »

Celt wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:52 pm">2 years ago</span> I mean this as kindly as possible... but they have some work to do, to reach Libera quality levels.
I couldn't agree more. A white hoody and a sailor suit do not make a good choir.
If this is a newly founded boys' choir, the number of boys is also limited, and you
have to work with the material you have available. The joy of singing should not
be denied to the boys, but the vocal training is still in its beginnings.
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D