Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Post by Luckdragon »

Provided by Yorkie of Libera Passion (https://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t ... 2021#29122):

New Choristers:
Cory Agyei
Orlando Benedict
Leon Clarke (Dominik's brother)
Oskar Handstveit
Julian Heitmann
Oscar James

It's nice to see a few of the alums helping out...
Attachments
ff28bz10.jpg
ff28bz10.jpg (236.72 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
ff28bz10.jpg
ff28bz10.jpg (236.72 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
ff28bm10.jpg
ff28bm10.jpg (138.25 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
ff28bm10.jpg
ff28bm10.jpg (138.25 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:37 am">2 years ago</span> I'm glad everyone had a good time. How did the 8 PM concert go? Was it as well attended as the 5 PM? Has there been any further word about streaming the concert?
It was excellent. Not as well attended but the audience was appreciative! It didn’t look half empty.

During the speeches, they mentioned Robert, of course, and also used a couple of new ”jokes”; I thought the speeches were well executed and sounded a bit less scripted than they had at times in the past. The lads giving them gave a good account of themselves.

Cheeky and enthusiastic bunch of new mini-boys.

The future is bright.

Good news- the programme mentions that the concert will be streamed “within a few days”.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Did they film both of the concerts or just one of the concerts?
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:48 am">2 years ago</span> Did they film both of the concerts or just one of the concerts?
I didn’t see them film either…

If it was the same as last year then the stream was a mixture of both concerts.
Celt

Post by Celt »

Lovely concert. I had tears in my eyes during the first concert speech about Robert. :cry:

Sixth time this year I have heard the wonderful Daniel W. sing live. He has such confidence! 8) Definitely my favourite current Liberan.

Both concerts were recorded, three cameras at least and likely some more I didn't spot. So they will presumably mix and match footage for the streamed version.
► Show Spoiler
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

It appears, from a Twitter photo of the second concert, that Steven and Sam have carried on with their former concert roles with Steven conducting and Sam doing the sound. They're excellent at what they do and it says a lot about Sam that he recognizes it and appears just as happy to stay out of the spotlight as Robert was.
Attachments
FF3pxVxXsAYgAVo.jpg
FF3pxVxXsAYgAVo.jpg (291.93 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
FF3pxVxXsAYgAVo.jpg
FF3pxVxXsAYgAVo.jpg (291.93 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Last edited by Luckdragon on Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:08 am">2 years ago</span>
► Show Spoiler
It was like an extra Christmas present to hear that Dominik has a little brother who's just starting with Libera! Just when we thought we were nearing the end, we find out that we're going to be treated to several more years of Clarke excellence. Is that Leon standing next to Dom in your final photo?
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 am">2 years ago</span>
Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:08 am">2 years ago</span>
► Show Spoiler
It was like an extra Christmas present to hear that Dominik has a little brother who's just starting with Libera! Just when we thought we were nearing the end, we find out that we're going to be treated to several more years of Clarke excellence. Is that Leon standing next to Dom in your final photo?
No the boy you are refering to if I am correctly identifying the photo is not a mini boy anymore but a mini boy from last year, should be Alessandro Minarik if we compare the list of names and make a deduction. He was on stage full concert. We cannot be a 100% sure but little Leon Clarke was probably one of the three boys standing on the left side of the stage. Maybe there will be a photo at some point.

I will try to write a full detailled review tonight.
Celt

Post by Celt »

Testing, testing, one, two! Is anymoose there?
2021-12-05 - Libera (35).jpg
I'm surprised Moose has the energy to be on stage, as it was implied by Daniel that Moose has spent most of his time lately producing new little Moosen... :lol:
► Show Spoiler
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Mr W wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:41 am">2 years ago</span> [... Daniel W did a great job during the next speech between songs.

When Daniel walked front stage in the semi-dark and crouched to pick up Moose and an IF cd to show to the public, Steven quickly offered him his scores book were the text was written. But Daniel discretly schooked his head in the meaning of 'I don't need it'. Steeven was surprized and offered him the book a second time, but Daviel refused it again and with a smile he walked back to his speech position which he did flowlessly.

After the speech, in the semi-dark when Daniel went back to his position in the large arc, he was cheered by his neighbours Frederic D and Daniel C that were like admiring him. A trully inspirational leader for the younger ones.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

For this incident, Daniel was certainly the appropriate person to take over, he just pulls the speaking out of the hat (if that's the correct saying for someone who can do sth adhoc?). The born moderator, indeed.

Glad to hear that the concerts went so well and I wish I had been there with you all. :) On the other hand, I'm fine with my decision due to the numbers.

Let the reviews roll in! :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Oh wow! Sounds like the concert went off with out a hitch...mostly. So glad to have read both here and on Twitter how well Daniel, the ever professional, handled the situation; as well as about how well all of the boys performed so far as the music is concerned.

And now SOMEONE must honor us with a full review! :D :wink:
Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 am">2 years ago</span> Testing, testing, one, two! Is anymoose there?
:lol: Love the photos! Thanks for sharing them and please don't stop doing so :!:
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Alyson will tell you that I always have something to say about the kneeling. Having worn an alb and knelt for a length of time, it’s a difficult ask for adults and young people. I’m always amazed that the boys can stand without stepping on the alb and falling forward. I hope that leaders will take this moment to reconsider the kneel.

Like many, I had to cancel my plans and anxiously await the streaming. I welcome the reviews of any that were able to attend. I don’t consider the review to be a spoiler but a glimpse of things to come. I may even try-read the review as a program, of sorts, until I am able to order the real thing.

So thankful for Sam and Steven and all of Libera who carry on for Robert.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I read someone's opinion regarding the two concerts (assuming the translation is accurate), and they felt that the first concert was better overall than the second concert. They thought the second concert was still good, but that some singers may have been affected by tiredness.
Celt

Post by Celt »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:33 pm">2 years ago</span> I read someone's opinion regarding the two concerts (assuming the translation is accurate), and they felt that the first concert was better overall than the second concert. They thought the second concert was still good, but that some singers may have been affected by tiredness.
Yes, is the quick answer to that. The first concert was more engaging, and lively, with the exception of Daniel W who is clearly always high energy, there was a notably lower energy level in the second concert. I will leave it to someone more erudite and knowledgeable to expand on that in terms if its impact on the individual pieces, but my own opinion is, they will use more concert 1 footage in the streamed version than concert 2...