Your top three favorites?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

Why there is only 1vote for Ed Day,he sings very good?
why was Steven Geraghty such a good singer?
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

worshipper28 wrote:Why there is only 1vote for Ed Day,he sings very good?
why was Steven Geraghty such a good singer?
Yeah, Steven was an amazing soloist. If you know Ave Maria (Caccini) on the Luminosa CD, you will know exactly what we mean :wink:
Quote from the movie Copying Beethoven
"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are. "
paopao

Post by paopao »

and don't forget the brilliant Vespera too..
dillonryan

Post by dillonryan »

Hi, guys. I agree with all that has been said about it being so hard to pick favourites, and I applaud Liawhite for his ingenuity in overcoming the favourites obstacle. However, I have not yet seen enough solos to make a good decision based on them, so, I have no choice but to rate them based on the boys.

1. Joshua Madine-In the song Going Home, his voice was so sweet and mellow and I thought it was simply amazing.

2. Thomas Cully-I loved his solo in You Were There, again, just amazing.

3. miniBen-His range is amazing, I hope he stays in Libera for years to come.

Like so many others before me have said, there are so many additions to this list that could be made. And like I said, I have not heard all of their solos yet so I justt can't rate them based on those. If there was a choice here, though, I would list every member of Libera to date. Including the ones from before. I'm going to stop beating a dead horse now, though, I think we've all got the idea down. :wink: :P
Prototype

Re: Your top three favorites?

Post by Prototype »

OK I thought I would revive this thread since it is so old and there are a lot more new soloists since the last post. Tom Cully and Josh Madine remain two of my all time favourites, but many new great soloists have come along since.

I have to say I love Gregor Lumsden singing Three Ravens, and Rocco Tesei on In Paradisum.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Prototype wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:45 pm">4 years ago</span> OK I thought I would revive this thread since it is so old and there are a lot more new soloists since the last post. Tom Cully and Josh Madine remain two of my all time favourites, but many new great soloists have come along since.

I have to say I love Gregor Lumsden singing Three Ravens, and Rocco Tesei on In Paradisum.
Blimey, looking at the names of the posters on this thread I think only one is still posting today. I miss them all and I do hope they are still happy and well in the real world and enjoying Libera's music.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Decided to do a tally for fun to see who is ranked highest based on the votes in this thread (not including mine below), although it is kind of inaccurate since most of the posts were written years ago...

Angel Voices/Early Libera era
1. Steven Geraghty - 8 votes
2. Liam O'Kane - 3 votes
3. Oliver Putland - 2 votes
4. Daren Geraghty - 1 vote
4. Chris Baron - 1 vote

Libera ~2000-2010 era
1. Tom Cully - 21 votes
2. Josh Madine - 13 votes
3. Michael Horncastle - 10 votes
4. Ben Crawley - 8 votes
5. Liam Connery - 7 votes
6. Ben Philipp - 5 votes
7. Joe Snelling - 2 votes
7. Conor O'Donnelle - 2 votes
8. Anthony Chadney - 1 vote
8. Joe Sanders-Wilde - 1 vote
8. Ed Day - 1 vote
8. Zach Lockett - 1 vote
8. Joe Platt - 1 vote

Current/recent Libera members
Gregor Lumsden - 1 vote
Rocco Tesei - 1 vote

Was a bit surprised to see that there are many more voters for Tom than Josh. Always thought Josh had a whole gaggle of fans who called him cute/handsome and loved his voice and anything Josh-related.

Here are mine:
Angel Voices/Early Libera era
1. Daren Geraghty
2. Steven Geraghty
3. Liam O'Kane

Libera ~2000-2010 era
1. Tom Cully
2. Ralph Skan
3. Ben Crawley

The in-between Tom & Ralph's era and the current Libera members
1. Sam Wiggin
2. Isaac London
3. Thomas Delgado-Little

Current/recent Libera members
1. Leo Barron
2. Victor Wiggin
3. Dominik Clarke
Prototype

Post by Prototype »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:50 am">4 years ago</span> Decided to do a tally for fun to see who is ranked highest based on the votes in this thread (not including mine below), although it is kind of inaccurate since most of the posts were written years ago...
Nice work, I can't say I am surprised by the results, at least in the top 2, although I expected Ben P. or Liam C. to be at 3, to be fair all are great soloists though.
I am EmMir

Post by I am EmMir »

I have exactly 3 favorites:

Michael Horncastle - his Far Away solo introduced me to Libera. Can't get enough of his sweet voice and soulfull singing.

Liam Connery - seems underrated or just overwhelmed by other talented trebles during his time, but really very good and good-looking, too..

Thomas Delgado-Little - my number 1 favorite really. With voice as his, I rest my case..

But then, Libera will not be here if composed only of 3. The boys are truly amazing, inspiring and worth all the appreciation they get. God bless Libera!