Dream

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Dream

Post by Padmachou »

I had such an hilarious dream tonight I feel like I MUST share it with you :lol:

I was attending the Christmas Concert in London. It had been very difficult for me to get there, I had seats only for rank L and I could see nothing. The room was extraordinarily huge, with several levels... a bit like a theatre. Except it was really badly conceipted as there were very few seats were you could actually see the stage from.

So, I really need Libera's sound, you know, to relax and remember why I was here. A lot of people were french around me, and there was that silly word-of-mouth, saying that Libera was planning a tour in France, and that they would sing a song from Kyo (which is a band for teenagers that used to be famous when I was myself a teenager), OR maybe a song from Edith Piaf.

And then the concert started and the first song was normal, ok. But then the second one IS a song from the Kyo band, which is really bad music seriously :lol: And the arrangement does not make it sound better. And then there is a group of young people starting to dance between the Libera boys. And when the song is done, there is a speech, saying that the dancers were french, doing a special collaboration with Libera. A lot of the audience disliked the song.
And then the next one is the Edith Piaf one ! And a bunch of french singers are singing with Libera, and it's awful. And the next one is a Francis Cabrel song, an other french singer... But nothing nothing like Libera. It is so silly.
And on an on the concert goes, french songs that really are nothing like what you want to hear from Libera, with french dancers and french choristers from time to time, 6 groups in addition with Libera that are expected to do the tour in France all together.

So now, I just really hope that Libera NEVER comes to France, that would be so bad I swear :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Now that actually made me laugh out loud :lol:

More seriously, you could consider what this dream might mean to you :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

@Padmachou, the whole dream is a pure nightmare and sooo funny! And it was even able to make you wish that Libera will never come to France? Oh dear, I can't imagine such torture! :cry: :lol:

It reminds me by the way of a dream that mawi posted at Libera-Welt in June last year; I put it here, because it was so funny, too:
_______

"I had a very strange dream this night. :(
Do I have to mention that it was related to a LIBERA concert?
Probably not. Anyway, it was very strange and when I woke up in the morning it was clear to me that the concerts for the summer tour had been announced.

[...] :shock: A dream in which
  • Robert needs one of the front row seats for a singer (the choir stood somewhere beside us) and for this reason freights you to the back rows
  • the choir leader says to a boy: "Michael, go to the back, you cannot sing anyway" (here he somehow confused the name)
  • after three songs the concert is interrupted and a rock band begins to play
_______

Bands and groups all the time - what's going on in you?! :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Ahah :lol: Well I can't tell for mawi.
As for me, I did thought about what it meant, and surely there is some truth somewhere beneath... As for example, my brain must have worked on : what would french audience's expectations be about a choir ? Would Libera be welcomed in France ? Wouldn't all the mystic content need to be softened to meet the atheist way-of-life of french people ? Also, I remember us french fans once reflected about what typical french song would Libera sing if they came (the way they do traditional songs when in Asia). And none of them satisfied me :roll:

I had a very soft and relaxing dream about Libera in the past, though. I was a kid and part of the choir as girls finally were allowed to if their voices were good enough. And before the first concert, we had a prayer time in a dark chapel, candle lit, breathing deeply and all. It felt really good. Also I found the white robes quite comfy, but that is not what the boys seem to think if you listen to their interviews :lol:

But most of my Libera-related dreams are : I can't seem to get a ticket, I'm late to the show, my seat is really far from stage, I get lost while on my way on, or back... :D Typical.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

We really should comfort each other in our dreaming pain! :lol: I notoriously dream I come too late for an important event that is close to my heart and so as well before the Libera concerts. I do not dream of Libera very often, but when I do, it's nearly always about coming late. I never see a concert in my dreams. :cry: :evil: :P

The respective dream before Ely 2017 happened 12 days in advance. And what a fantastic wonder: I was at the venue in time! :D Although: Arriving at the parking lot 20 minutes before the concert starts is not how I like to have it, but for this standard dream an unequalled top result! :mrgreen: But after this lucky beginning, everything that could go wrong actually went wrong, and an astonishing amount came together. For example: I didn't find my seat. I didn't have my ticket. I had not the slightest idea what seat I had booked. I went out to the people who worked there, because I was sure that they had a list with seat number and name for the whole audience, and they had not. Persons I knew and who I hoped would help me had vanished. And so forth. That dream was really worth it to be dreamt as a pre-concert horror dream! The relief, when I woke up, was also worth it. :D :P

Then months before the London concert 2017:
This time it was the sound check that I missed, with a totally superfluous action: parking my car - when did and would I ever go to a Libera concert by car? - in a strange parking garage and then wanting to make sure that I would remember its space. So I went in again and with that a long, long search started, because of course I had already forgotten where the car was. I searched, searched, searched. I even used another car to drive up and search quicker - and all this while I knew that I had absolutely no time for that, because of the sound check to start very soon, and should postpone it until after the concert when I would first need the car again. So I did not only carry the burden of making such a crazy mess, but also of wondering how in the world I should justify my absence from a Libera sound check before the other fans, as I was so aware that the real reason was endlessly embarrassing. :lol:

Then I arrived at the castle. Yes, the venue for this Libera concert was a castle. A very compact one, narrow and high, and by the way, the whole didn't take place in the UK, but in a very small, very pretty and active town somewhere in Turkey or Spain. Ok, as said, I arrived at that castle wall at last just so in time to, from the outside of the wall, hear Libera rehearsing "Jingle Bells"! :shock: :roll: :roll: My huge surprise (terror?) about this song was the only realistic point in this dream.
And throughout the dream I had the feeling that, in spite of not hearing the sound check, I would yet see the concert, so that would be alright. What a complete nonsense!

These dreams are a criminal act. :shock:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

My listening session of the vinyl version of 'Hope' was, I think, the cause of a dream last night. I was at a Libera concert in some spacious, rather dark hall and the performances were kind of spread out across the building. There was one scene where they were on a sort of balcony and Matthias had a solo and it sounded like a new and very tender song, maybe Italian or French - really lovely. In another scene they were still rehearsing and Robert was singing bits of melody to let the boys know what he wanted to hear; it was really nice. All throughout the dream audience members were going from one part of the building or room to another and also groups of boys were moving from one place to another, as if the concert took place at different locations within the same general space or area. A kind of mixing and going about, but quite nice and relaxed as well.
I think it was a mental processing of being in front of my stereo, taking in all the impressions of the vinyl recording, which made me feel like I was at some kind of concert, hearing songs in a fresh way, with the sound changing from where I was sitting or standing.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I must really miss Libera... I had a bad dream. It started well, Libera decided to perform an outside concert due to covid crisis. We were all very excited. But five minutes after it started, there was a commotion among the audience, and some of us were evacuated by security services. I thought, ok, it was for our safety, either the concert will be postponed, either we are going back once it's over. But no, me and other fans were expelled ! We were accused of having purposedly caused the commotion :o :o :o I mean, why would I/would we do that ? The concert kept going on, while we were forbidden to attend :( :( :( Such a strange dream since Libera's fans are quiet peaceful lovely people. I promess I will be nice and cause no fuss at the next concert I am allowed to attend :D
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

At least you got to experience five minutes of a Libera concert - which is more than the rest of us. What did they sing?
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

john45 wrote: <span title="Tue May 04, 2021 1:23 pm">3 years ago</span> At least you got to experience five minutes of a Libera concert - which is more than the rest of us. What did they sing?
Great, I like your way of thinking, John! :lol:

Did they sing "Going home"? :oops: :mrgreen:
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Tue May 04, 2021 2:07 pm">3 years ago</span>
john45 wrote: <span title="Tue May 04, 2021 1:23 pm">3 years ago</span> At least you got to experience five minutes of a Libera concert - which is more than the rest of us. What did they sing?
Great, I like your way of thinking, John! :lol:

Did they sing "Going home"? :oops: :mrgreen:
You are funny :lol: I bet you are the mischievious fans that made me expelled !
I am not sure what they sang... a quiet song (which does not go well with the overexcited audience, no explanation really :o )
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A slightly warm audience is not a sufficient reason for an expelletion.

Libera has had some enthusiastic audiences in the past and no one has been kicked out for it, see below :mrgreen:

Not speaking about the concert in the Chongming island near Shanghai.
There, you could have rolled around on the floor right before the stage, no one would have faulted it.
Besides, some young spectators have done so :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon May 03, 2021 6:17 pm">3 years ago</span> I must really miss Libera... I had a bad dream. It started well, Libera decided to perform an outside concert due to covid crisis. We were all very excited. But five minutes after it started, there was a commotion among the audience, and some of us were evacuated by security services. I thought, ok, it was for our safety, either the concert will be postponed, either we are going back once it's over. But no, me and other fans were expelled ! We were accused of having purposedly caused the commotion :o :o :o I mean, why would I/would we do that ? The concert kept going on, while we were forbidden to attend :( :( :( Such a strange dream since Libera's fans are quiet peaceful lovely people. I promise I will be nice and cause no fuss at the next concert I am allowed to attend :D
I was glad when they threw you rabble out - it was spoiling the concert for me :wink: :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love