The Big Church Sing (Harvest Special)

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

GlennJalmas

The Big Church Sing (Harvest Special)

Post by GlennJalmas »

Libera will take part in another singing festival😄. More details in the link below.

bachmahlerfan

Re: The Big Church Sing (Harvest Special)

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I wonder if they will just feature a track from "Apart but Together" for this program, or if they actually recorded something new. The message from Daniel was obviously done more recently, because the objects on top of the fireplace are in different positions compared to the mini-concert.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:17 am">3 years ago</span> I wonder if they will just feature a track from "Apart but Together" for this program, or if they actually recorded something new.
I was thinking the same... the text on https://www.facebook.com/allwecanuk also details; "Join us live for The Big Harvest Supper afterwards, where you can find out more about Libera's uplifting music and download the choir's latest new EP entitled 'Apart But Together'.

It would be great to have something new, with them all together as a group for the first time since the dreaded pandemic but we may have to wait a little longer for that to happen.

Edit: Well it was previously recorded material, but not from their 'Apart but Together' mini EP it was 'Morning has Broken' from the Libera in America DVD.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The libera part in the 'Big Church Sing' went to be a 30 sec talk introduction by Daniel followed by the video of 'Morning as broken' from the DVD 'Angels sing - Libera in America' recorded in 2014.

The libera part is from 21'25'' to 25'00''

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I was surprised by the low quality of the image on the libera part, slightly blurred compared with the rest of the video.
I checked on the official youtube channel and I saw it was the same quality there :?

Here a screen capture for you to see what I mean.
(The youtube setting was set on the max available, 720P).

They should have been provided with a better quality file, as the one visible on the blu-ray edition for example.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Hopefully this sends the message that they need a new concert recording to use for these sorts of events :mrgreen:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Libera will be contributing to (All We Can) The Big Church Sing and Nativity - Christmas Special
It will most likely be a playing of their Carol of the Bells video recorded last year from which a snippet is featured in the promo.
Sunday 29 November, live on Methodist Church's YouTube channel at 4pm GMT
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Libera retweeted this one from All We Can.

filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Drowning in music today. :lol: Libera's turn is at 3:19. I won't tell the piece. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSeBSH2 ... e=emb_logo
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

They are by far the best artists...