St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Post by Surpinto »

Netnutter wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:37 pm">3 years ago</span>
Just a small add-on to this. For those that are planning on going to the concert, information regarding the COVID safety procedures in place for SJSS can be found at the following link.

https://www.sjss.org.uk/sites/www.sjss. ... ite_v2.pdf
Thanks. I think it's good advice that anyone in the UK (including you I take it?) reads this and is aware of the necessary precautions. Those of us from elsewhere will have to enjoy the stream....thankfully there is that.

By the way, welcome to Libera Dreams! Care to make an introductory post over at the new member subforum? :D Would love to know how you first heard of Libera and if you have attended concerts before because it sounds like you totally have!
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Yep, hoping nothing crazy happens between now and then! Will be my first night away from home base since March.

I still have a spare ticket for each concert if anyone still needs one, send me a pm if interested.

S.
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

Just had an email from SJSS confirming they have had the go-ahead from December 3rd.

The concert is on! :D

Hopefully, those that can't go will get information on how to watch the stream, as soon as possible. But I suspect it will be through Youtube Live like with the June 6th one, but this time it will be live. :)

I have just checked. At this moment in time, the 5pm show has sold out but there does appear to be some tickets available for the 8pm.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So I only just realized the streamed concert isn’t live
Although we can not sell physical programmes, an electronic souvenir programme will be available for download ahead of the concert.

The concert will be streamed – made available to view online – shortly after the end of the second concert. This will be available through the SJSS website.
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:35 pm">3 years ago</span> So I only just realized the streamed concert isn’t live
Although we can not sell physical programmes, an electronic souvenir programme will be available for download ahead of the concert.

The concert will be streamed – made available to view online – shortly after the end of the second concert. This will be available through the SJSS website.
Thanks for the update.

It's a shame that they won't be streaming it live, but I'm sure they have their reasons.
But at least those that cannot attend the live shows will still be able to see it.

I have checked the SJSS site and other online shows are split between 'Rent' and 'Free'. Rental prices for the on demand videos they currently have seem to be around the £5 mark.
I will keep an eye on what they have, to see if I can find more information on the Libera concert.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Libera was able to confirm that we do not need to purchase the concert ticket to access the stream. We'll have to pay for it instead at the time that we watch it.

https://libera.org.uk/news/sjss-update/ ... mment-5382
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I looked at the SJSS website and found the links to order tickets but I can't find any mention of the streamed concert. There are links for "Scheduled Premieres" and "Video On Demand", but Libera's scheduled performance doesn't show up on either.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:27 am">3 years ago</span> Libera was able to confirm that we do not need to purchase the concert ticket to access the stream. We'll have to pay for it instead at the time that we watch it.

Thank you, GlennJalmas.

Paul :) ... the countdown clock? Clocks. :wink: :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Fantastic news, thank you! :D

I'm a bit sad they won't offer a live streaming, but still a great opportunity for those who cannot attend the concert :!:

I'm so ready to pay for it and support Libera and hope a lot of other fans will do as well 8)
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:27 am">3 years ago</span> Libera was able to confirm that we do not need to purchase the concert ticket to access the stream. We'll have to pay for it instead at the time that we watch it.

Thanks for the update.

I will be going to the live concerts but I am more than prepared to pay for the streamed version as well. A lot of people have worked hard to make this possible and I applaud and thank them.
So, now we know how the stream will be made available, all that is left to do is sit back and wait for the wonderful sound that we all have been waiting to hear for a long time and that we all no doubt need.
Just one week to go. For all those going and those that are not. Stay safe and enjoy the best thing to happen in 2020.
:)
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

Netnutter wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:46 pm">3 years ago</span>

Thanks for the update.

I will be going to the live concerts but I am more than prepared to pay for the streamed version as well. A lot of people have worked hard to make this possible and I applaud and thank them.
So, now we know how the stream will be made available, all that is left to do is sit back and wait for the wonderful sound that we all have been waiting to hear for a long time and that we all no doubt need.
Just one week to go. For all those going and those that are not. Stay safe and enjoy the best thing to happen in 2020.
:)

P.S. At the time of writing, there still appears to be some tickets available in the Gallery for the 8pm show.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:35 am">3 years ago</span> Fantastic news, thank you! :D

I'm a bit sad they won't offer a live streaming, but still a great opportunity for those who cannot attend the concert :!:

I'm so ready to pay for it and support Libera and hope a lot of other fans will do as well 8)
Exactly right! Welcome to Libera Dreams by the way. :D
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Be the first concert I have missed in a few years but 2 weeks confined to quarters for 2 nights away a bit steep not to mention the time off work at the wronge time of year, will await the stream and watch it on the night shift.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:19 pm">3 years ago</span> Exactly right! Welcome to Libera Dreams by the way. :D
Thanks very much, glad to be part of Libera Dreams now! :) Hope to find some time soon to introduce myself in the new member area :P

I'm so looking forward to the concert and quite curious what it will be like in the light of the pandemic and who will attend! A lot could have happen since June.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:37 pm">3 years ago</span> Thanks very much, glad to be part of Libera Dreams now! :) Hope to find some time soon to introduce myself in the new member area :P
YAY! :D
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:37 pm">3 years ago</span>I'm so looking forward to the concert and quite curious what it will be like in the light of the pandemic and who will attend! A lot could have happen since June.
Indeed you're right. New members are guaranteed as are some losses as well. :cry: