Ely Cathedral Concert 2020, postponed to 2022

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Spring concert 2020. Ely Cathedral, 6th June

Post by Yorkie »

Mr W wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:13 pm">4 years ago</span> Wow that was “exciting”. The portal worked but the tickets went at lightning speed.

I have ended up with two spare premium tickets, send me a PM if you want them, they are G7 and G8. (aisle seat on right and one seat in from aisle), I think thats 5 rows from front as A and B rows don’t exist. If no one here wants them I will try to take my parents but they are really infirm now and don’t travel very well at all.

Would rather they went as a pair but feel free to express interest if you only want one.

S.
Given the speed they went I don't think you will have a problem moving on such a good pair of tickets.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Reminder of the booking URL : https://www.elycathedral.org/events/libera-concert

Here below a screen capture to materialize the bookings after 8 hours.
I count 284 seats sold, which is quite a good result.

Seats on both sides of the stage are not open for booking, as usual.

Like it went in 2018, seats on rows A and B are removed, which sounds promising to have the stage set close to the public.
1st row is C.

(click the image to enlarge it)
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

.....im loosing my hopes that this will take place.

The boys most probably can't do their practices and wouldn't be ready for a concert.

:-( Sad, 1st time i got a front row ticket=) but that's the smallest of all problems,

stay safe and all the best...maybe christmas :-)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I received today an email from the Ely Cathedral, about the libera concert.

It says the concert is not cancelled but postponed to Wednesday 28th October.
The people that have already booked a ticket can chose to keep it as it is, or to ask for a refund if the new date is not possible to attend (different solutions are proposed).

In my case, I am very happy that the decision about the concert is a postponement and not just its cancellation.
I will keep my current ticket and use it in October :)

The new date of October 28th for the concert in Ely gives another answer : the tour in October in Japan is also impacted, either cancelled or postponed, as the previous concert dates for Japan 2020 were October 26th (Osaka), and 28th, 29th (Tokyo)
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I am very glad too, that it is postponed ! :D I am keeping my ticket (very glad that seats are saved too, since that is my first ever first raw seat).

I hope the Japan tour will be postponed too, and I wonder what impact it may have on album production too...
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Good news, I have rebooked flights and hotel being my travel plans for the year are all up the spout I have booked the week off work, just call it a mini holiday fingers crossed it all works out this time.

Steve
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for the update. I hope that those who have tickets are still able to attend in October without any problems. This revised date (middle of the week!) is probably an issue for some people.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, a Wednesday may be difficult for some.
On the other hand, the new date falls on a school vacation week in the UK, and also in France, this may help.
And the 6 months head up also is convenient to arrange the trip.

We just have to wait for the official confirmation from Libera.
They removed yesterday the Ely concert on the 'Events' page on the official site (it is still visible on the 'news' page, though).
Likely a new official announce will come soon :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

So are there tickets available for the new date? Of course, we really don't know whether travel will be back by that time. There's talk of a possible recurrence of the Corona virus later on in the year.
justin

Post by justin »

Very interesting development. Not quite sure if concerts - being large events packed with people - will be allowed to be held at that time. But it's good to know that at least plans are being made.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:36 am">4 years ago</span> So are there tickets available for the new date? Of course, we really don't know whether travel will be back by that time. There's talk of a possible recurrence of the Corona virus later on in the year.

Well the people who want to kept their tickets can and any tickets that are refunded will go back on sale at some point I’m guessing.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I believe the email we got said we have to give an answer in 7 days. The problem being : only those who have said they DON'T want to keep their seats will free some tickets that can go back on sale. I can imagine most won't answer, whether they can attend or not, because October seems pretty away, with the crisis still on going.

Anyway, Libera hasn't make announcement yet, so let's wait and see.
I changed all my bookings, being optimistic, but... who knows really ? Strange times...
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:19 pm">4 years ago</span> I believe the email we got said we have to give an answer in 7 days. The problem being : only those who have said they DON'T want to keep their seats will free some tickets that can go back on sale. I can imagine most won't answer, whether they can attend or not, because October seems pretty away, with the crisis still on going.

Anyway, Libera hasn't make announcement yet, so let's wait and see.
I changed all my bookings, being optimistic, but... who knows really ? Strange times...

Well it’s official because it’s from Ely Cathedral who are hosting the concert. You don’t need Libera to confirm because Ely have that done that for them. I am sure at some point they will but it won’t change anything :mrgreen:

That’s why I’m not rushing to book a hotel because we don’t even know what the world will be like in 1 month let alone 5 months.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:02 pm">4 years ago</span>
Well it’s official because it’s from Ely Cathedral who are hosting the concert. You don’t need Libera to confirm because Ely have that done that for them. I am sure at some point they will but it won’t change anything :mrgreen:
Yes it will, because a lot of people will get the news from Libera if they are not huge fans who keep an eye on the Ely cathedral updates :) And I don't expect new ticket sales until Libera gives an announcement.