Film: The Chorus

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Film: The Chorus

Post by Yorkie »

Prototype wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 pm">4 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:37 pm">4 years ago</span> Great film and some very good singing (don't tell anybody I said that 8) ) - but that Concerto Pour Deux Voix is horrific - nearly, but not quite, as bad as the cat wailing rubbish.

That ending with Pepinot :cry:
Ouch! That was a bit harsh lol
Well, I like a sentimental ending - I'm soft like that. However, if you mean that damn awful wailing that was passed off as singing in the concerto video, I can assure you I was being kind...
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:02 pm">4 years ago</span>
Prototype wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 pm">4 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:37 pm">4 years ago</span> Great film and some very good singing (don't tell anybody I said that 8) ) - but that Concerto Pour Deux Voix is horrific - nearly, but not quite, as bad as the cat wailing rubbish.

That ending with Pepinot :cry:
Ouch! That was a bit harsh lol
Well, I like a sentimental ending - I'm soft like that. However, if you mean that damn awful wailing that was passed off as singing in the concerto video, I can assure you I was being kind...
Ok they would not win choir of the year, but I thought some of the soloists were pretty good.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Prototype wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:19 pm">4 years ago</span>
Ahh, I think we are at crossed purposes - somebody linked to this video and this is what I was referring to as awful:

The singing in the film was, I agree, excellent :D

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Was that in the movie? Since it lacks words I wouldn't recognize it as a song per se.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:35 am">4 years ago</span> Was that in the movie? Since it lacks words I wouldn't recognize it as a song per se.
Do you mean the video I posted above? No that isn't in the film, it is just the lad who starred in the film doing a different piece of music. Badly.

Mercy & Love
Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:41 pm">4 years ago</span>
Prototype wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:19 pm">4 years ago</span>
Ahh, I think we are at crossed purposes - somebody linked to this video and this is what I was referring to as awful:
Oh god yes that video is awful...I think I got to about 30 seconds before having to stop it. I am glad we are in agreement about the Chorus though :)