Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Re: Facebook warning by Libera

Post by illuminaperpetua »

dani wrote:Just gone on to my facebook and they have posted a warning to fans

Libera Impostors
It has come to our attention that there is someone on Facebook pretending to be various boys from Libera. This person makes friends with fans and passes false information about the boys, and we have even been told of an attempt to extort money...
By:Libera

We believe one such account has recently been closed down by Facebook, but
we know there are others.

Please take care. Libera boys are regularly reminded about internet safety
and they know not to make friends with people they do not already know for
real.

So if you are friends with someone who says he is a current Libera boy it
may be the impostor or someone else who has the same name as a Libera boy.
We would suggest you remove them from your friends lists.

lol I was the one who reported the fake!! One of my friends knows a guy who goes to school with one of the former members and he asked him about the so called "fan page" and he said it was a stalker so I reported him! :D Why he wasn't reported ages ago by one of his friends or himself is quit beyond me... :roll:
And another former member is friends with "himself" lol I'm going to see if this guy is still on facebook and then report him..why don't these guys do it themselves??
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Dearmadine’s definitely got the right idea, but I feel really guilty—I occasionally look at their public search listings. Am I the only one who’s done this? I never have and never will initiate contact with a boy under any circumstance, and the last thing I want is to come off as a stalker, but I feel a huge moral distinction between glancing at an uninformative public listing and actually trying to talk to them. Now I’m worried that I could be wrong—please let me know truthfully if my behavior is inappropriate. I want to keep myself honest.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Flora wrote:Dearmadine’s definitely got the right idea, but I feel really guilty—I occasionally look at their public search listings. Am I the only one who’s done this? I never have and never will initiate contact with a boy under any circumstance, and the last thing I want is to come off as a stalker, but I feel a huge moral distinction between glancing at an uninformative public listing and actually trying to talk to them. Now I’m worried that I could be wrong—please let me know truthfully if my behavior is inappropriate. I want to keep myself honest.
I think that as long as you stick to the public listings and make no attempt to contact them privately, you are ok. There are some legitimate fan sites on Facebook for the individual boys. They plainly say fan site and whoever is running them says it is a fan site. Trust me though, the real boys know the rules. Even if you do attempt to add them, they will not respond. Even most of the former members will not respond. Some will but most will not. Even those who do will ask you not ask them questions about the current choir.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

illuminaperpetua i am confused by your post, you say a fan page was a stalker ? but it was a fan page so how does that make him a stalker ?

Do you think every fan page should be shut down then? Fan pages are normally fan pages and no harm in them at all. :shock:
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

dani wrote:illuminaperpetua i am confused by your post, you say a fan page was a stalker ? but it was a fan page so how does that make him a stalker ?

Do you think every fan page should be shut down then? Fan pages are normally fan pages and no harm in them at all. :shock:
No, no, it wasn't actually a fan page. That's just what he called it :roll: But I know for sure it was a fake or else I'd have never reported him. It's funny, sometimes the ones you'd least suspect are the ones you should fear the most.
No, I don't think all the fan pages should be shut down. This dude stole personal photos off of the real guy's facebook and beebo. ...his information too!! Other Libera fan pages just have public photos and stuff.
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

illuminaperpetua wrote:
dani wrote:illuminaperpetua i am confused by your post, you say a fan page was a stalker ? but it was a fan page so how does that make him a stalker ?

No, no, it wasn't actually a fan page. That's just what he called it :roll: But I know for sure it was a fake or else I'd have never reported him. It's funny, sometimes the ones you'd least suspect are the ones you should fear the most.
No, I don't think all the fan pages should be shut down. This dude stole personal photos off of the real guy's facebook and beebo. ...his information too!! Other Libera fan pages just have public photos and stuff.
Now i get you lol, thanks for clearing it up.

Yes people stealing info off the real boys is sick and should not be done.
Prototype

Re: Facebook warning by Libera

Post by Prototype »

I wont go near facebook, they are just out to make money out of your personal data, and if I want to find out what my friends are doing, I ask them, most of them will tell me when I see them anyway. Its not that I'm a technophobe, far from it, it is my knowledge of how sites such as facebook work that keeps me away from them.