2019 Japan Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: 2019 Japan Tour

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:02 am">4 years ago</span>
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 pm">4 years ago</span> A little bit of news about the tour in Japan.

Today was the result of the Fan Club draw for participation in the October 23rd Meet & Greet.

It was not said how many people applied or how many places were available, but apparently the selection was not severe.
Of the 6 people I know they signed up for, everyone got their invitation.

The invitation indicates the location of the event and a seat number that has been assigned by random.
It is stated that photos will be possible and that the M & G should last about an hour.

Likely the exact content of the event will be discovered on the place :)
Well, that's good news for all of you that wanted to go. Enjoy it on behalf of all of us that can't be there but wish we were.
Hear hear!
trev

Post by trev »

Do you all get the reserve tickets or some premium seats?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Does anybody know how ticket sales are going for this tour? I've been somewhat concerned about this tour due to the need to raise ticket prices (larger group, higher prices for hotels and plane tickets).
justin

Post by justin »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:03 am">4 years ago</span> Does anybody know how ticket sales are going for this tour? I've been somewhat concerned about this tour due to the need to raise ticket prices (larger group, higher prices for hotels and plane tickets).
I wouldn’t be concerned. The fan base in japan is very strong, and the japan organiser (being part of Sony Music japan, a profit making company) would aim to maximise profits as much as possible. The japan fan club has also raked in a not insubstantial amount of money through fan club exclusive merchandise and ticket sales.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This was the situation on April 27th, for concert Tokyo1, 1st floor
(I didn't bother to make the map of the two balconies levels)
(Yellow: available premiums tickets. Pink: available general tickets).

This is the current situation October 6th for the same concert, Tokyo 1, 1st floor

This is the current situation for concert Tokyo 2, 1st floor

This is the current situation for concert in Osaka :
1st floor : blocks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6 are sold out (1 seat remains in block 6)
1st floor : blocks 7 and 9 are almost empty, 30% is taken on block 8.
2nd floor : blocks 10 and 12 are 25% sold, block 11 is 50% sold.
2nd floor : blocks 13, 14 and 15 are not open for sale.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Thanks for the encouraging update and thank goodness for Libera's Japanese fan base. I'm definitely curious to see which tracks from their new album will be performed at the concerts, besides the ones that have already been performed. I guess if I ever want to see them perform Christmas music, I'll have to purchase a passport and go from there.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm betting that one of the songs that will not be performed is "Ding Dong Merrily on High". It seems like the most difficult piece from the album and would be quite challenging to pull off in a concert. Some people might consider Sam's arrangement too complicated and over the top, but I enjoy somewhat 'crazy' arrangements of "Ding Dong" (Sorry, but the Willcocks arrangement doesn't excite me much). I'm hoping for and expecting "Walking in the Air" to be on the set list. I wonder if a harpist will be used for these concerts as there are several tracks on the album that feature the instrument. Other than "Ding Dong", I don't see any reason why the other four carols arranged by Sam Coates couldn't be performed at the concerts. Otherwise, I think "The Angel Gabriel" is a sure bet, and "O Little Town of Bethlehem" would be a good crowd pleaser, although some might disagree.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Typhoon Hagibis is heading for Tokyo and other parts of central Japan right now. The government issued evacuation warnings for hundreds of thousands of people because of expected heavy rain, wind and flooding. The heavy rain warning is classified as level 5, the highest level there is. There are reports coming in of record levels of rain already.
I am praying and hoping that everyone stays safe and wonder how this might affect the tour.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Sad about the loss of life caused by the typhoon and the damage to the beautiful country that is Japan.
But the tour is still on and reports say that life in Tokyo is already back to normal and in Osaka everything went well (said my host).
Still, it got me thinking, off-topic perhaps, but: I believe extreme weather is caused by climate change and we contribute to it by flying. So I am seriously considering to stop flying after this tour.
I already have so many precious memories of past tours and concerts...
So perhaps this will be my last overseas tour - I am used to not knowing when my next Libera concert will be, anyway...

For now I'm looking forward to the 3 concerts and the fanclub event, as well as adding a few days in Kyoto, the city I am most curious to see for myself.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Hi, I am now in Tokyo!! Does somebody knows if there is an evening sale at the counter in the bunkaro Hall? Is the first concert sold out? Best regards Form Ludwig
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

ludwig1874 wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:06 pm">4 years ago</span> Hi, I am now in Tokyo!! Does somebody knows if there is an evening sale at the counter in the bunkaro Hall? Is the first concert sold out? Best regards Form Ludwig
Take a look here:

https://www.bunkamura.co.jp/english/orc ... 91021.html

Good luck
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Official goods of the tour have been presented on the libera records website.

https://libera-records.com/news/2019/10/20/1254/

New this years: printed Blankets, white or green (top of the image)
¥2500. Size 95 cm * 65 cm
Limited edition: only 150 of each are available.

The concert program has 36 pages and includes 71 photos (the one at the center of the image, with same cover as the CD)
¥1500

T- shirt - ¥2500

Clear files, two types, A and B (the two at the right of the image, exposed on both sides)
¥500
Limited edition. Only 500 of each are available

Candle
¥3000
Limited edition, only 70 available. Perfume is lavender.

Chorus Sheet music, song is 'For the Future'
¥1000
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Yes!! Today I was at the bunkura orchid Hall - and I have now two Tickets for both concerts in Tokyo! Very expensive, only reserved Seats for 10.000 Yen each were available. My first time that I am at two following concerts!
15715642613361512062451.jpg
15715642613361512062451.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 8102 times
15715642613361512062451.jpg
15715642613361512062451.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 8102 times
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

ludwig1874 wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:39 am">4 years ago</span> Yes!! Today I was at the bunkura orchid Hall - and I have now two Tickets for both concerts in Tokyo! Very expensive, only reserved Seats for 10.000 Yen each were available. My first time that I am at two following concerts!
Fantastic! Really happy for you, you're going to have a great time I'm sure.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I heard that Joe Cranitch is back for this tour. That's best news! :D Now the audience can look forward to his superb speeches, I hope.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"