Speculations about Libera teasings

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Speculations about Libera teasings

Post by filiarheni »

On May 11, Libera posted the following tweet: "Our very own Ben came back! I wonder what he has been upto...", including the following photos:

Libera Ben C 2019-05-11.JPG
Libera Ben C 2019-05-11.JPG (49.71 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
Libera Ben C 2019-05-11.JPG
Libera Ben C 2019-05-11.JPG (49.71 KiB) Viewed 1049 times

It got me thinking whether this means something for the Arundel concert or, alternatively, for the upcoming Christmas CD. Now today they tweeted out a temptation for Arundel saying "We hope you are joining us for our concert in Arundel Cathedral in a few weeks time. Some surprises to be performed...."

What do you think? Will there be something in Arundel referring to Ben Crawley? A song composed by him? Perhaps even with himself conducting Libera? (I'd jump of joy if ... :D ) Or was the first tweet rather a reference to the CD?

Or nothing of this at all, and it actually was just a workshop with a former Libera member? But that remark above tells me that this encounter won't remain without consequences ...
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Speculations about Libera teasings

Post by TullyBascombe »

Didn't Ben Crawley work with Libera for awhile after he left the choir? When did he stop working with them?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Speculations about Libera teasings

Post by Surpinto »

The Ben Crawley thing could just be extra voice training or some sort of fun activity rather than a specific song they are learning. How exactly could his involvement in working with the choristers translate into a song? Unless of course he composed or arranged one as you suggest. I would be reticent to connect those two tweets together; although anything is possible. Just the same we know that they will sing some surprises. :D Those who are going will likely be in for a big treat!