Libera concerts over the years

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

The Furby

Re: Libera concerts over the years

Post by The Furby »

Hello bachmahlerfan, thank you for pointing this out.
I had a look at the reviews but only a few clues there apart from the fact it was sung by the lower voices (tom413), with a solo by Sam L.

From Lexi's review:
The second half was amazing! The sun had gone down, and the lighting was so beautiful in the church. We could see the boys in Te Lucis better this time. They stood center stage. All 7 of them sang in unison on the first stanza, then Sam had a solo for the whole 2nd stanza and then they sang together again. It sounded really good! I love Sam’s voice!
Craig's:
Seven of the older boys were in the back of the stage with dark green floor lights pointed up at them. They sang Te Lucis beautifully with Sam taking much of the solo parts. It was hard to tell who was singing because the lighting made them appear ghostly. It was a really great idea to have the older boys sing a song just by themselves. They sang it like the veterans they are. I just wish the lighting was such that you could see their faces better.
BruceH's:
Some of the older boys did the "Te Lucis" at the beginning of the second half. It was done a cappella. The maturity of the boys showed in the way they held the tune and interpreted the music. It was very moving.
The lyrics displayed in the concert programs are in Latin, whereas those of the Libera album include some English.
I concur with the unlikely presence of both Te Lucis & Glory to Thee on the same setlist.