Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Post by maartendas »

Though I miss being there when Libera tours, I enjoy following their adventures from home - a welcome distraction from my stressful job. Looking forward to all the messages and reviews on here :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I am intrigued to know if Merlin’s voice will have changed yet as he has to be nearly 14.

Merlin’s From A Distance is performed so well by him.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I hope they'll be awake enough for the Sunday Meet & Greet. I don't think they have ever done one so soon after arriving. The start time would be 7 AM London time, so we'll see what happens.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Paul ... the countdown ... :?: Please ... :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:12 pm">5 years ago</span> I am intrigued to know if Merlin’s voice will have changed yet as he has to be nearly 14.

Merlin’s From A Distance is performed so well by him.
Well, assuming the social media accounts I viewed are accurate, he turned 14 back in September, so he's already kept his treble voice longer than most Libera members. If I recall correctly, Ben Crawley and Daniel Fontannaz are the only Libera soloists who still had a treble voice when reaching the age of 15, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if Liam O'Kane still had it by his 15th birthday.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thank You to the fans live steaming we know they are going to be singing some Christmas carols ( yes in February) and some new songs but I’m not sure if that means just songs that they have not performed yet in the Philippines before which to them would be classified as New.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:20 am">5 years ago</span> Correct :)
Marc Alvarez, Alex Gula, and Alex Montoro are the 3 last remaining from the October 2013 Philippino tour.

It will be interesting to see in a couple of days who among the 3 is returning to Manila and Cebu in 2019 once again :wink:
edit: Both Alex G and Marc are mentioned in this list of names of boys on this tour (thanks to Patrick who tweeted it):

https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/324610/l ... -boy-band/
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:46 am">5 years ago</span>
Both Alex G and Marc are mentioned in this list of names of boys on this tour (thanks to Patrick who tweeted it):

https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/324610/l ... -boy-band/
So, the boys named on tour are:

Marc Alvares
Ethan Barron
Leo Barron
Nathaniel Bates Fisher
Merlin Brouwer
Benedict Bywater
Dominik Clarke
Cassius Collard
Samuel-Francis Collins
Joseph Cranitch
Tadhg Fitzgerald
John Gardner
Alexander Gula
Peter Kielty
Alexandre Menuet
Mathias Montoro
Oliver Mycka
Neo Parson
Koji Shinokubo
Jack Spicha
Calam Tamana Laurence Taylor
Rocco Tesei
Romeo Tesei
Benjamin Wevill
Daniel White
Victor Wiggin
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

dani wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:23 am">5 years ago</span> Thank You to the fans live steaming we know they are going to be singing some Christmas carols ( yes in February) and some new songs but I’m not sure if that means just songs that they have not performed yet in the Philippines before which to them would be classified as New.
There’s a very high chance that “In Dulci Jubilo” will be performed (yes!), among other carols and songs (does this mean Himig Ng Pasko also has a chance?). As a person who has never been to any of their Christmas concerts, I find this ultimately exciting!
As for new songs I think they meant the ones from “Beyond”.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote:My assumption would be that the set list will be similar to their last non-Christmas concert in Westminster. Perhaps with "Bayan Ko" added in for good measure?
I made a video from the M&G :

Listening to the interview it sounds the concerts will still have a Christmas themed songs list.
Possibly the songs list will be closer to Brighton/Moscow than to Westminster ?

About the boys list, compared to last concert in Moscow, are returning 2: Benjamin W and Daniel.
Are missing 5: Alex M, Camden, Emanuele, Nicholas and Oliver W-R.

I checked which song is put at risk do to the absence of some boys:
Do you hear what I hear: Oliver W-R and Camden are involved in the short intro of four.

In Paradisum: Oliver W-R has a significant role of baking Rocco on the second half.

How Great Thou Art: main solo by Oliver W-R

I Am The Day: on the very end, Alex M performs a low "Haaaa" in response to Leo high notes.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:01 pm">5 years ago</span> Listening to the interview it sounds the concerts will still have a Christmas themed songs list.
Possibly the songs list will be closer to Brighton/Moscow than to Westminster ?

About the boys list, compared to last concert in Moscow, are returning 2: Benjamin W and Daniel.
Are missing 5: Alex M, Camden, Emanuele, Nicholas and Oliver W-R.

I checked which song is put at risk do to the absence of some boys:
Do you hear what I hear: Oliver W-R and Camden are involved in the short intro of four.

In Paradisum: Oliver W-R has a significant role of baking Rocco on the second half.

How Great Thou Art: main solo by Oliver W-R

I Am The Day: on the very end, Alex M performs a low "Haaaa" in response to Leo high notes.
Thank you so much for the video! Without travelling to the Philippines we can join you there in spirit. :D

As for the set list and missing members, the absence of Oliver WR in particular surprises me as well given his increased role recently on several songs; as you well put it. I was not expecting Daniel's remark in your video that they will be singing Christmas songs at the end of February as well as new songs on this tour! Have they done that before with Christmas song? It seems unusual. Regardless, we have at least one known song for this tour now: "In Dulci Jubilo". :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I just checked google to see if there is any reason why Libera would be singing Christmas songs in the middle of February in the Philippines and they celebrate it like us so I’m failing to see a connection.

I know they have a Christmas album out at the end of the year so maybe it’s just VERY early promo to give them exposure for when it does come out.

ETA - I will admit though if Christmas songs are to be sung throughout the concerts this year it will put me off seeing them until December as that’s the only time I want to hear Christmas music :mrgreen:

Thank You Patrick for all the hard work you put in filming and sharing it with us all.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thank you for the video Patrick!
I like how the boys all tap Oliver and Ben on their shoulder for picking a winner :)
They seem so engaged in all that goes on, despite the jetlag.
The concert will be in two days so hopefully this gives them enough chance to adjust to the new time zone with fresh energy for the concert.
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:01 pm">5 years ago</span> I checked which song is put at risk do to the absence of some boys
Don't forget Smile which has a significant part by Alex M.
Benjo

Post by Benjo »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:38 am">5 years ago</span> Just fall on some old videos of Libera singing in TV music shows in the Philippines.
2010 : Bayan Ko
2011 : Carols of the Bells
2013 : Joy to the World

I have no remind about a performance in a Philippino TV show during the other tours, in 2009 and 2016, but perhaps I'm wrong (?)

It will be fun if they can enlighten another TV show during this 2019 tour :)
Hi Patrick! Thanks for trying to help me recover my old account here on Libera Dreams yesterday. I already saw you during the past tours here but was shy to approach. I didn't know you were friendly. It surely is a pleasure meeting you!

You got that right, no Philippine tv appearances in 2009 & 2016. This morning they were on CNN Philippines:

Last edited by Benjo on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Benjo

Post by Benjo »

dani wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:08 pm">5 years ago</span> I just checked google to see if there is any reason why Libera would be singing Christmas songs in the middle of February in the Philippines and they celebrate it like us so I’m failing to see a connection.

ETA - I will admit though if Christmas songs are to be sung throughout the concerts this year it will put me off seeing them until December as that’s the only time I want to hear Christmas music :mrgreen:
Hi dani! I agree with you. We Filipinos pride ourselves having the longest Christmas season in the world; but it certainly does not extend this long passed Valentine's day! The audience may find it amusing when they hear Christmas songs in tomorrow's concert.